What's new

Where do we go from here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandovix

Donator
Maser said:
Tester is only a title? Don't get me wrong, but we have like 10 testers but every time an update gets released it's bugged as hell. It's like it hasn't been tested at all and just released.

c0b912b6e4.png
He has a point. Nothing again the development, testers, administrators, but regardless, testers are there to ensure there isn't any bugs with new scripts, or even the current one, there's more than enough of them to ensure that a majority of bugs aren't around when a new release is made. Yeah, fine a few might get through, they're only human, but come on, some of the bugs are just retarded.

Speakybutton

Retired Admin
Pandovix said:
Maser said:
Tester is only a title? Don't get me wrong, but we have like 10 testers but every time an update gets released it's bugged as hell. It's like it hasn't been tested at all and just released.

c0b912b6e4.png
He has a point. Nothing again the development, testers, administrators, but regardless, testers are there to ensure there isn't any bugs with new scripts, or even the current one, there's more than enough of them to ensure that a majority of bugs aren't around when a new release is made. Yeah, fine a few might get through, they're only human, but come on, some of the bugs are just retarded.
As I said literally 4 posts up, the bugs getting through is because of things being tested under different conditions. On the dev server you don't have players logging in and out every few seconds, cars spawning in and out of the server frequently, commands running every second. This is where the bugs normally come from, and we don't find them because we don't have these events happening in a dev server with at most 10 people on it.

Please excuse typos, typed on a phone.

Pandovix

Donator
Speakybutton said:
Pandovix said:
Maser said:

c0b912b6e4.png
As I said literally 4 posts up, the bugs getting through is because of things being tested under different conditions. On the dev server you don't have players logging in and out every few seconds, cars spawning in and out of the server frequently, commands running every second. This is where the bugs normally come from, and we don't find them because we don't have these events happening in a dev server with at most 10 people on it.

Speaking into regards of bugs like the /mask bug, obviously not all the bugs can be found, but literally, the server's current condition is a little bit of a joke with the amount of bugs.
Why haven't you rolled it back, or something, anything?

Tom

Donator
Pandovix said:
Speakybutton said:
Pandovix said:
Maser said:

c0b912b6e4.png

Speaking into regards of bugs like the /mask bug, obviously not all the bugs can be found, but literally, the server's current condition is a little bit of a joke with the amount of bugs.

And e.g DoC's 2 inner exterior gates. I mean, really? How can it take that long just to fix 2 gates?

Brent

Donator
Tom said:
Pandovix said:
Speakybutton said:
Pandovix said:
Maser said:

c0b912b6e4.png

And e.g DoC's 2 inner exterior gates. I mean, really? How can it take that long just to fix 2 gates?

Also the fact that BB Acres mapping was missing for like 5 months and when it finally got fixed it was still bugged as fuck. Mapping should be easy to fix and you shouldn't have to wait untill the next update. I feel like the dev team/mapping team put 0 effort in their work.

Pandovix

Donator
Maser said:
Tom said:
Pandovix said:
Speakybutton said:
Pandovix said:
Maser said:

c0b912b6e4.png

Also the fact that BB Acres mapping was missing for like 5 months and when it finally got fixed it was still bugged as fuck. Mapping should be easy to fix and you shouldn't have to wait untill the next update. I feel like the dev team/mapping team put 0 effort in their work.
The reason the mapping team doesn't do anything is because everyone is so focused on the development team that we kinda' get ignored.
Tom is the only person who has been given mapping projects to do (this was before he came back into the mapping team).

Yeah, we get that Tom might be better (cos' honestly, he is), but why hire a mapping team if you're not going to use it? Please, don't say 'oh, it's because we had no developer', because if ya' checked the mapping board, I clearly explained what could've been done, but nobody seemed to give a fuck about it.

@Maser; we're all willing to put effort in, but what's the point in us spending hours mapping things when nobody gives a fuck.

Brent

Donator
Pandovix said:
Maser said:
Tom said:
Pandovix said:
Speakybutton said:
Pandovix said:
Maser said:

c0b912b6e4.png

The reason the mapping team doesn't do anything is because everyone is so focused on the development team that we kinda' get ignored.
Tom is the only person who has been given mapping projects to do (this was before he came back into the mapping team).

Yeah, we get that Tom might be better (cos' honestly, he is), but why hire a mapping team if you're not going to use it? Please, don't say 'oh, it's because we had no developer', because if ya' checked the mapping board, I clearly explained what could've been done, but nobody seemed to give a fuck about it.

@Maser; we're all willing to put effort in, but what's the point in us spending hours mapping things when nobody gives a fuck.

I don't know how the mapping team works or how it works together with the Dev team but this was before there was this big ass mapping team.

Pandovix

Donator
How the mapping team works with the development team? It doesn't.

I've spoken to Booth regarding it, and he was actually really helpful, but as he said, he's head of development, not mapping therefore he can't exactly do anything. I haven't seen Sobo, (head of mapping? I don't even know) online since I got hired, and Speaky has a lot more to deal with other than mapping. Every other person I've tried to contact regarding it, has politely ignored me.

Speakybutton

Retired Admin
Pandovix said:
How the mapping team works with the development team? It doesn't.

I've spoken to Booth regarding it, and he was actually really helpful, but as he said, he's head of development, not mapping therefore he can't exactly do anything. I haven't seen Sobo, (head of mapping? I don't even know) online since I got hired, and Speaky has a lot more to deal with other than mapping. Every other person I've tried to contact regarding it, has politely ignored me.

You're entirely right. I've been pretty busy, but I don't think that's a good enough reason to have neglected mapping. I will be making a post when I get home from work regarding mapping, both in general and regarding ideas for maps. I apologise for the neglect that the server seems to have had in terms of mapping, and will do my best to try and get things up and running properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.