Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonH

Retired Admin
Alvar said:
#WhoIsSimonHill2K14?

10375644_658365154212287_1014968512_n.jpg

On a serious note...

Put short; I've been at my mums without internet and in London spending some time with my girlfriend around the west-end. I forgot to tell the community cos I'm a shit admin and thus, I feel bad for that.

I'll be more active although this week is extremely busy as I've got a lot of work on and it's my police passing out ceremony this weekend so I've got a lot to prepare for.

Sorry for being inactive.

#IAmSimonHillAndImSorry

Gambo

Donator
I have been gone for a bit after deciding I needed a break from RCRP.

These are the problems that come to mind.

First off, the economy is messed up. Comparing prices to real life, we should really only be paying around 200k for a small house in Palomino creek, when on RCRP, Your paying millions of dollars for a tiny suburban home, and your paying more money then it would cost to buy Microsoft if you want a big ass house. The problem is, I really don't know how that can be fixed, But Im sure something can be done, because talk about inflation.

As for the activity at the moment, from what I've heard the server is a buggy mess. I'm not sure if thats true, but either way, we are at a peak of inactivity due to final exams coming up very shortly. I'm waiting untill I'm done with school before I return to this community once again. However, I still strongly feel like changing the roleplay year from the 90's was a mistake. I'm not saying that its the reason the activity has dropped to about nothing, as evidence suggests other clear reasons. However, it still could play a part and it was definitely discouraging to me.

We are in a darker period in this community, and as much as I love it, I'm trying really hard to hold on. Sadly, it seems RCRP is pushing me away almost everytime I try to reconsider. I think its important that we really get the name out, because RCRP is a great server with a great script and some great people. If we keep everything professional and we show the world what this whole server has to offer, we can definitely get players. I think we just need to try a bit harder.

Another thing I've been thinking about are factions checks.
Im sure this already happens, but if it doesn't then it really should. I think factions need to be checked on regularly by administrative staff that have no connection to the faction itself (to prevent bias). The leadership should be investigated, the faction's progress, everything. This will verify the integrity of all of our factions and make sure everything is in proper check. If this is already happening, well, wonderful.

I've invested time and money into this community, and I want to see it become huge. It really boils down to how much we throw ourselves out there and get the name out in the end. If we truly work together and stand up, we can grab a solid playerbase of 100 people during daytime hours, even more than that.

EDIT: And its too damn hard to make any good money, because 400 dollars per sidejob ain't gonna' buy you a 600k house or even a 60k car anytime soon without boring you to complete tears.

Mac

Tester
Half of the posts are deleted because they were serious. Whatever..

My two cents are that if the Admin team doesn't do something to bring more players then the server is gonna go down very fast. We had 54 players on today which was good, but that doesn't mean it's going to last. Let's all get everyone on do some events, hand out cash. I don't know.

Maybe bring back the Donator Benefits that might make people stay.

I loved when the economy was inflated that was when it was at it's best.

Gambo

Donator
Dom said:
I loved when the economy was inflated that was when it was at it's best.

svpaok.png

The economy IS inflated, over inflated infact. one way to tell is when you casually ask someone for $3000 dollars like its pocket change (Because it is on RCRP)

And it's definitely not a good thing in my book.

Dimbo

Donator
Alright, this is my opinion so yeah :D

I think we need to get all or atleast most of the bugs fixed with the server, since the lastest update most of the playerbase was lost and that can only be down to one thing.. the bugs, as most people know, the bugs are terrible at the moment and it's very annoying, I myself find it very annoying, that every time I log on, I have to get an admin to fix my car :L

What I propose is that we need to get all or atleast most of the bugs, especially the major ones like the vehicle bugs like repairing them and the fuel glitch, this will, I think, could help the server alot because it's just wasting everyone's time getting an admin, or waiting at the garage.. We could solve this in two ways:
- Spending time over a weekend or something, getting a list of all of the bugs and trying to fix them, once they work on the dev server, and i mean /ALL/ of the bugs work in the dev sever, then you need to update the actual server, then obviously test them see if they work, if so; then it's fine :D
- Getting some more scriptures to work on the server, this would help /ALOT/ because we you will be able to get more updates out and more bugs fixed quicker as they will be able to use their combined knowledge about pawn etc. to fix them.

----------------
Getting the server playerbase back up..
As the playerbase has gone down due to the server bugs and etc. I really do think we need to change the year back to 1997, these are my reasons why we should:
- It let's people actually think about their roleplay and what they put into it - What I mean by this is that when we're all roleplaying on the server now, we just do an action without even thinking about it, like taking out their phone and taking a selfie perhaps, when it was 1997, we couldn't do that and we actually had to think about if they had it back then or if it was allowed etc.
I'm thinking the year change back would work because it just gives more excitement back into the roleplay instead of just doing it, if you get what i mean.. if not then clearly ask :D
-------------------
Another way to get the server playerbase back up is doing as you said... Events, the events on the server like painball /NEVER/ get's used, well in the time i've been on the server I haven't seen it been used and it's quite disappointing; you could add things like basketball in and like farming, stuff like that into the server so it will give us something to do e.g. at Monty park, there is a basketball court which is fun and all, but I have actually seen server where you can physically, pick up the ball and play the game against the other people, This would be a really good element into the roleplay as it would make it all new and exciting, unlike just standing in the same spot for about an hour, typing what you're doing; Even though this is a roleplay server and you need to type out your actions, it just seems like it's a text based game in the server and you cannot do anything..
---------
Story of what /I/ personally get up too..
When I join the server, I log on as either my main or alt account, depending what I feel like doing, but I login and spawn, first thing I do is check the amount of people on the server at that time... it's mostly around 50 or something, after I have checked, I see if anyone in my faction is online and I then go on duty.. note this point here "go on duty"; I either get into my car and goto work /OR/ I just drive around aimlessly, now I have been on the server for a while, but I couldn't imagine what it is like for a newb now when they spawn in.. Here is what I think goes down..

Newb : "Oh wow, a new server. let's make an account and play :p This is going to be fun!"
**Logs onto the server**
Newb : "This looks awesome, let's see what I can do.."
**Looks around**
Newb : Alright.. I need some money..
*Either goes to do sidejobs or fishing**
**Sits there for hours getting money**
Newb : Alright.. I've spent around an hour doing sidejobs and fishing.. let's see what I've got.
**Looks in bank**
Newb : "$30,000.... what?!"
Newb : "OMG, I'm soo bored now!, I'm playing something else!"
**Logs off**
------------------------------------
I seriously cannot imagine if that actually happens, but that's what I think does.. We need to have things like the basketball and maybe even foot ball; or the PD and FD could hold more events like Legal races or car shows, something like that would help get the player base back up; we just need to get the community to play with each other instead of hate on the Factions and get annoyed when they get put in Jail or something.
-----Overview-----------------
- Fix bugs or get more scripters
- make more events
- make roleplay fun and exciting

Gambo

Donator
Duck (Dimbo) Makes good points.

To be completely honest, I beleive the roleplay year is a huge part of what kept people coming/staying. I completely loved roleplaying in the 90's, because if I couldn't live the golden ages in real life, I got to in RCRP. I don't want to spend my day at school in 2014 and come home just to live a second life in the same year. It's just boring.

But, I'm not here to argue about that. (Not right now at least)

I think one of the things that really repels new players is the fact that you can hardly do anything with a crap ton of cash in your pocket. New players focus completely on gaining money (because, they are new and can't find anything else to do or people to RP with maybe). So they go and do sidejobs endlessly, hardly even interacting with other players. Then, at the end of the day, they check their earnings and cry a little bit because its hardly enough to buy a cheap car or place to live. They see all the prices of everything and all the inflation and realise that the ratio of money you can earn from sidejobs to prices is insanely rediculous. This makes them leave.

If we are going to deal with the inflation, we need to match the sidejob earnings with the insane prices. Instead of a few hundred from a sidejob, I beleive players should earn 800-1000 dollars from sidejobs.

This way, people wont be so discouraged after figuring out the cost of living in Palomino creek (or any major town).

Jboi

Head Administrator
I've removed some troll posts. It's funny how people can complain about the community when they only add to the problem.

Derrick. said:
- Please get somebody to fix the bugs, the server is fucked at the moment and really I can understand why this encourages some to go to other RP servers.
- Fuck the FBI (don't take offense). They haven't done shit, bring back apper and apologise to Ian for the way in which he was treated.
- Yes, advertisement is a good idea. He'll I'll even write some text for an advert (or whatever else I could do) if you need my help. We need a new larger community.
- Noobs start with 25k.
- More side jobs
- faction admins take interest and help unofficial AS WELL AS official factions

EDIT: Sack/demote the inactive member(s) of the a-team. Promote some of the regular admins and possibly replace Jet (Sorry, but I've not seen you online for yonks) with somebody committed like Kemp.
As much as I would like this to happen, there's a very slim chance of it becoming a reality. Perhaps the RC:RP player base could make a petition, I've been in touch with Ian and he misses his Aperture RP so I'm sure he'd return in a heartbeat.

I don't think Jet should be removed... ever, he's the most unbiased admin I've ever met and I've been a part of a LOT of communities. Since he stays away from most admins, he's also perfect for admin complaints because he acts as an employer/boss and not a friend like most admins treat each other. Basically, he's good for business.

People who talk about script updates and all that, I'd agree with you and I've been trying to get more devs but who knows when that'll happen. Booth is working hard to fix the bugs meaning he doesn't have time for content updates. Mapping has been slow, but we do have some stuff planned in the a-boards #JboiLeaks.

Don't lose hope! I'm pretty positive once school lets out the player base will pop back up. :thumbup:

Zomane

Donator
I've seen certain admins who have been showing a pretty nice attitude instead of being straight-up cunts like some were before so that's a nice change.
However for most of the people, such as me, it's exam time and anyone doing O/A Levels knows that our exam board can stretch our exams for over a month(mine began on May 7th and end on June 11th) which is messed up.

From what I've seen, it's the community members who are constantly trolling and not RPing. It's like this; if you walk up to a stranger and try to roleplay with him he'll just avoid you or troll. People don't trust each other and for good reason, because of the same attitude seen in each and every person in Montgomery, aka the ex-marine-hitman-seal-army-fbi-cia-KGB attitude. Other than the fact that there are many script problems, it's the same old expectation of getting the same old RP which keeps people like me in a mood to not login. Even, as Axiom, if I try to host an event, it's either some cop trying to be a dickhead and ruining it which eventually results in the boredom of the community, or some criminal trying to be a dickhead and ruining it by running around like a fucktard and eventually shooting everything up.
But since they're friends with admins and this is RCRP where a person who tries to DDOS the server can get unbanned and handed leadership to a faction, they won't be punished.
Right now, what we need, is to bring back Patrick Jackson. He was the biggest asshole perhaps but that's what made him the fairest admin, because he treated his friends just the same; and he didn't get all pissy over a small joke unlike some admins.

Another reason is the fact that the server heavily encourages winning, not roleplaying, so someone like me who enjoyed giving the server some crime roleplay(I rarely robbed someone, mostly it was torture or street racing or something that involved alot of use of /me etc.) no longer enjoys it because of the large amount of metagame. If I try to do that and get arrested, I'll have to pay so much I won't be able to RP the same way again, just because the punishment is money which is impossible to come by unless you win a lottery or caught a whale in the previous times or something like that.

In an RP server our goal isn't to need money, it's the need to roleplay, but almost every kind of roleplay needs you to need a shit ton of money. People are constantly pointing out our inflation problems; I believe that money doesn't even need to matter specially on this server where every second person is a god damned millionaire.

In the end I'm just gonna say that the server is going to be back on it's feet within three weeks because people'll be free from exams and will be bored of Watch Dogs by then.

Sliver

Donator
When I see you fix a bug, two or three other bugs appear. If there's a way to spot that, it'd be great, as it's really annoying at certain points! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.