What's new

Where do we go from here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. BukLau

Donator
Let's just wait 'till August is over.. If shit doesn't happen by then it's seriously time to start making changes, get the mappers/admins dedicated to this server again. And stop playing LSRP when you could be checking out ban appeals goddamnit.

Jeroen

Donator
Wright said:
When I see you fix a bug, two or three other bugs appear. If there's a way to spot that, it'd be great, as it's really annoying at certain points! ;)
RCRP should just use Bugzilla to track bugs & features, so they can also sort them correctly.

Charles

Retired Admin
Jeroen said:
Wright said:
When I see you fix a bug, two or three other bugs appear. If there's a way to spot that, it'd be great, as it's really annoying at certain points! ;)
RCRP should just use Bugzilla to track bugs & features, so they can also sort them correctly.

We currently use something called Trello which helps us with the organization of bugs.

Jeroen

Donator
Daniel Charles said:
Jeroen said:
Wright said:

We currently use something called Trello which helps us with the organization of bugs.
The development of RCRP currently looks really random.

Brent

Donator
Tester is only a title? Don't get me wrong, but we have like 10 testers but every time an update gets released it's bugged as hell. It's like it hasn't been tested at all and just released.

c0b912b6e4.png

DonutSeller

Donator
Tom said:
Maser said:
Tester is only a title? Don't get me wrong, but we have like 10 testers but every time an update gets released it's bugged as hell. It's like it hasn't been tested at all and just released.

c0b912b6e4.png

Tester is not just a title. It's a reward for being from the UK.

You funny man.

Speakybutton

Retired Admin
Maser said:

c0b912b6e4.png

I assure you, the majority of the bugs that appear on the main server are not at all present in the development server. The main reason these bugs don't appear, is that updates cannot be tested fully, because there is no way to simulate the conditions of the main server (50+ players, consistent logging in and out, vehicles spawning in etc.). While we go through and try to find all of the bugs, it's not possible to get all of them.

Tiger

Donator
Tom said:
Maser said:

c0b912b6e4.png

Copfan's a lucky one then, eh?

RayW

Donator
Tom said:
Maser said:

c0b912b6e4.png

Okay so if a tester was from USA, how do you think he would help the developer test things when they are not in the same timezone?
Yes Copfan got it because he was normally always online the same time as Booth and so was Sandman.
@Maser, some of the bugs only happen when there is a large amount of players online, so the only way we can test major bugs that are only noticed on larger player bases is when we transfer the script over or we get all the testers online.

SimonH

Retired Admin
Let's not go into this.

Anyone is able to apply for a tester position, regardless if you're from the UK or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.