What's new

Where do we go from here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

Donator
v1WYL99.png

Bottleneck.

A bottleneck is a phenomenon where the performance or capacity of an entire system is limited by a single or limited number of components or resources. The term bottleneck is taken from the 'assets are water' metaphor. As water is poured out of a bottle, the rate of outflow is limited by the width of the conduit of exit—that is, bottleneck. By increasing the width of the bottleneck one can increase the rate at which the water flows out of the neck at different frequencies. Such limiting components of a system are sometimes referred to as bottleneck points.

A co-worker who takes so long to do their job they make every project take longer than it should.
"We would have been done with this project two months ago if Dante wasn't such a bottleneck."

It takes around 6 months to get a mapping added for a regular mapper. For me it takes around 3-4 months to finish a map depending on size, For a amateur perhaps around 1 week. If it takes 3-4 months to get an mapping added means the mappers gets heavily discouraged, There is no reason to map if the maps doesn't get added.

I've tried to argue and fix this, but nobody gives a fuck so i've stopped discussing it all.

Jack

Donator
One of the main problems is factions, there is no guidance for them but I understand that they need to prove themselves but in my opinion more needs to be done with working on getting factions active and keeping them active.

Also, admins are not pulling their weight; not all of them but some. They seem to do fuck all, when people call for an assistance and a helper attempts to sort it but an admin is needed then none of them seem to care. People work hard to be an admin, get into the position and then become 'untouchable' cocky pricks.

Speakybutton

Retired Admin
Tom said:
v1WYL99.png

Bottleneck.

A bottleneck is a phenomenon where the performance or capacity of an entire system is limited by a single or limited number of components or resources. The term bottleneck is taken from the 'assets are water' metaphor. As water is poured out of a bottle, the rate of outflow is limited by the width of the conduit of exit—that is, bottleneck. By increasing the width of the bottleneck one can increase the rate at which the water flows out of the neck at different frequencies. Such limiting components of a system are sometimes referred to as bottleneck points.

A co-worker who takes so long to do their job they make every project take longer than it should.
"We would have been done with this project two months ago if Dante wasn't such a bottleneck."

It takes around 6 months to get a mapping added for a regular mapper. For me it takes around 3-4 months to finish a map depending on size, For a amateur perhaps around 1 week. If it takes 3-4 months to get an mapping added means the mappers gets heavily discouraged, There is no reason to map if the maps doesn't get added.

I've tried to argue and fix this, but nobody gives a fuck so i've stopped discussing it all.
All maps implemented while I've been handling things have taken a month on average. The reason yours take so long is that you insist on going through Booth or Tommy to get them added. The bottleneck is your reluctance to let anyone else handle your maps, not the dev team.

Tom

Donator
Speakybutton said:
Tom said:
v1WYL99.png

Bottleneck.

All maps implemented while I've been handling things have taken a month on average. The reason yours take so long is that you insist on going through Booth or Tommy to get them added. The bottleneck is your reluctance to let anyone else handle your maps, not the dev team.

That used to be the problem, Till I gave BigD the maps?

Buuut then again you don't spend your entire weekend mappin yo maps, I've even given you reasons why I dislike givin out my maps;

1) They're the best, You could get paid on SAMP forums for them
2) You guys are really bad at testin map (no offense) (The entire Babylon Club wall script was messed up and you guys didn't even take initiative to fix it, TommyB later contacted me. )
3) The amount of times i've been backstabbed by y'all is too damn high
4) I'm a egoist, and a dick
5) I spend sometimes up to 6-12h brainstorming all my maps, I spend entire weekends getting stuff finished, Seeing this super-unique stuff leaked would give me cancer

I respect Tommy heavily because he's willin to discuss with me sumtime, but whenever I discuss with you guys you just go like "k" and act like you give a crap whilst you're all ignorin what I'm sayin, I've tested this several times myself, and it is true.

Speakybutton

Retired Admin
Tom said:
Speakybutton said:
Tom said:
v1WYL99.png

Bottleneck.

That used to be the problem, Till I gave BigD the maps?

Buuut then again you don't spend your entire weekend mappin yo maps, I've even given you reasons why I dislike givin out my maps;

1) They're the best, You could get paid on SAMP forums for them
2) You guys are really bad at testin map (no offense) (The entire Babylon Club wall script was messed up and you guys didn't even take initiative to fix it, TommyB later contacted me. )
3) The amount of times i've been backstabbed by y'all is too damn high
4) I'm a egoist, and a dick
5) I spend sometimes up to 6-12h brainstorming all my maps, I spend entire weekends getting stuff finished, Seeing this super-unique stuff leaked would give me cancer

I respect Tommy heavily because he's willin to discuss with me sumtime, but whenever I discuss with you guys you just go like "k" and act like you give a crap whilst you're all ignorin what I'm sayin, I've tested this several times myself, and it is true.

I can't speak for BigD, but I'm sure he's got a reason for not doing anything with your maps at this point in time.
As for your second point, the Babylon mapping didn't come through me, the testing or mapping team, if I recall correctly. As for your third point, I don't know who 'y'all' refers to, but I don't recall ever doing such a thing, and finally, you say that we don't give a crap when you talk to us, that's blatantly not true. I don't intentionally ignore people, ever. If you, or anyone else talks to me, I listen and take on board what people say, like the multiple times in which I've asked for advice from you.

Liam_Airey

Silver Member
IF you asked me, the only reason i'm not logging in at the moment is because it's boring, like, real fucking boring.

Also, people need to start RP'ing more realistically, I know two people who have left in the past month because of it, and 2 doesn't seem like a lot, but that's not the point, these people felt cheated because they never get to RP in any heavy form because people just fucked it up, from shitty RP'ers who for some reason think smoking weed makes you a twat who runs around shouting shit about aliens, to 'big' gangsters that shoot you dead for calling them racial slurs.

If It was possible, i'd love some sort of "Filter" week where EVERYBODY must RP like they're on a heavy RP server (which RCRP does not feel like at the moment) and all punishments are strict, no half-assed choices based on friendships or just a lack of care when someone reports another player, full on serious, just for a whole week, and see who remains on the server.

x00

Retired Admin
Put the server out of its misery, just let it go. It's been around for 5 years, its had its moments. Just saying.

Katashi

Donator
Honestly, I think RC:RP has run out of time. It's been going on for a very long time, and theres nothing that can be done to make it anymore unique. SA:MP in general is getting out-dated and boring with all of the new games, etc. coming out. Just about everything has been done on RC:RP, every possible type of faction-. every thing. I don't think it has any more time.

Charles_Gaps

Bronze Member
x00 said:
Put the server out of its misery, just let it go. It's been around for 5 years, its had its moments. Just saying.

Katashi said:
Honestly, I think RC:RP has run out of time. It's been going on for a very long time, and theres nothing that can be done to make it anymore unique. SA:MP in general is getting out-dated and boring with all of the new games, etc. coming out. Just about everything has been done on RC:RP, every possible type of faction-. every thing. I don't think it has any more time.

The server has it's problems now, but they can be fixed.
I'm pretty sure there are enough people who still enjoy SA:MP and/or RCRP, just because you two are tired of it doesn't mean everyone is.

Mueller

Retired Admin
i doubt the server will die, but it will die IF it gives debt, f.e the host can't be paid to run

for me, its too boring, since i had exams come in and i started to play other games that i dont feel the same emotion, i gave my heart to chc and my time, but within(now over 3 months) i never had an admin come to me and tell me anything, it would have to be me "bothering" them to get an update, and after i asked for one, OH WAIT, I need to wait another month or two for an "update"

that leads factions to die out, rcrp missed a HUGE chance of scripting a faction that has made RCRP unique for a long time, with activity at its best, but noooooooooooo, lets wait some more months until people give up so hey, no time has to be wasted to script them

it takes literally two seconds to script a basic gang, something unique, but even that cannot be done, we had been struggling for months to get a basic scripting that even i can do on mta to be added, and not a fucked up house over another with holes on the floor and invisible walls, i mean come on, where's the standard?
and then, gladly some admins were generous enough to even give us vehicles to roleplay, when others claim that it would be not fair to other gangs(yeah because other gangs also need tractors and combine harvesters)

when i said that bringing a whole section to talk about other games would damage the playerbase, it was true, it brings people out of the server because they are trying something new that will take them away for two weeks or more from the server

imo i feel like the server is sat on a wooden boat that is going down a stream, now what is on the other side? is it the niagara falls where it will blow to pieces, or a village with no bra women?

excuse the grammar but, i hate formal shit

Status
Not open for further replies.