What's new

Where do we go from here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nino

Helper
K.Wilson said:
In my honest opinion the current administration team needs a revamp in their positions, we have those head of bans not doing anything, those head of factions not introducing new factions nor speaking with faction leaders on improvements, what I see the new HoF doing is going with a private discussion removing someone and not speaking one word with a faction leader on what to fix. The previous leadership(s) (Robin/Doddsy/etc) actually spoke with faction leaders and only removed leaders just because for the better of the faction. I see they need to introduce new factions into the server and support leaders and not make them fear getting removed or putting to much work into a faction then getting removed, we need new factions when old ones die or even better new leaders when the current leaders can't bother with the faction. More faction evaluations. Apart from that we need more friendly administrators, and yet from that the currently administration team is hard to get ahold of, it would take three months to get Tommy to assist you yet better just give his duties away to other administrators or positions. Law Enforcement in this server is doing just fine and they need new updates and Department of Corrections needs a little boost and a little help from HoF then just removing the faction completely after all the work everyones put into it. Apart from that check other factions out and see what they have in mind and what they need to achieve success. The player base just sits around then actually roleplaying so get IC events held by administrators or administrators could simply get factions to host these events to get community gatherings then just letting new players run around hopelessly. Think about new players more than anyone, just don't put them in the server and expect for them to survive, get systems set up so they can get introduced into factions and other players. I'm not trying to say the server is a mess but I heard the entire script is bugged, try and finding new scripters to script for us, and make it easy for faction leaders to lead their factions then giving them a hard time. Before I close this idea put your main focus on illegal factions right now, we're so dead when it comes to illegal factions, we don't need wanna-be hitman groups but we do need streetgangs, mafias, cartels, clubs, and so on.

I hope the server works out and I don't lose interest in the server, I know a few people are doing their best to work on improving the server. Don't blame the inactivity on final exams, nobody is interested in the server, look at other servers and you'll realize they have the same playerbase, fix the bugs, get people involved and fix our faction system.

LeifBirger

Donator
I thought I'd offer my opinion on this as I rp here every day and I've had a great time here!

Problem: The most serious problem at the moment is definitely the insane amount of bugs.. I mean Jesus Christ.. I don't know of a SINGLE place to store my weapons and drugs. THAT is not good.

Suggestion: Ditch making new features atm, focus on fixing these bugs. Fixing all the major bugs would bring the server to a state where it appeals to new players.

Problem: The most effective way of earning money on this server remains farming. Most of the ways to make money are plain BORING. Sidejobs? They're farmed like crazy and they don't exactly encourage rp. The drugs-rp scene is boring and non-profitable atm, mostly because it's the same stuff over and over again. Cocaine goes for 250 a gram on the streets, and the server price is 350. This is ridiculous. What if I make some rp then? What if I spend a month planning a bank heist, and try to execute it with my seven or so accomplices? You'll be rewarded with nothing, unless you consider 20k a suitable reward for risking a bunch of expensive guns.

Suggestion: ENCOURAGE RP! Don't be afraid to give rewards to people doing their best to create rp! The ways to make money right now include a bunch of farming and not much rp. Switch it around!

I can't quite remember who, but there was an admin who offered a large sum of money to the player(s) who could manage to kidnap him and demand a ransom. This is what I'm talking about! :luvrcrp:

Problem: Advertisement! Although you're well on your way on this one.

Suggestion: Do what you suggested in your post ;)

I hope you consider this :luvrcrp: :luvrcrp:

Mac

Tester
I'm quite sure RC-RP is done honestly.

Every single one of us has rammed it into the ground. You might be able to bring it back, but the reputation I get from every person I see "All the Admins are fucking kids in the circle, and Fuck this admin, fuck that admin, RC-RP is a load of shit"

That's pathetic.

Nick

Donator
- Please get somebody to fix the bugs, the server is fucked at the moment and really I can understand why this encourages some to go to other RP servers.
- Fuck the FBI (don't take offense). They haven't done shit, bring back apper and apologise to Ian for the way in which he was treated.
- Yes, advertisement is a good idea. He'll I'll even write some text for an advert (or whatever else I could do) if you need my help. We need a new larger community.
- Noobs start with 25k.
- More side jobs
- faction admins take interest and help unofficial AS WELL AS official factions

EDIT: Sack/demote the inactive member(s) of the a-team. Promote some of the regular admins and possibly replace Jet (Sorry, but I've not seen you online for yonks) with somebody committed like Kemp.

DirtyTruth

Donator
Right now I'm really loaded up with exams, but I already have some plans in mind faction-wise.
Bugs are really annoying and only those who have a faction to lead or a an achievement to succeed stay in the server.
Bring more official factions in. Especially illegal ones, because these days factions die out of desperation of waiting for Fadministration to do anything. When a new player joins he must have a large variety of factions to join at the first place.
Stop making the lifes of new players harder. Increase the starting cash amount, add more sidejobs. I never stay in the server if it's too hard, I'm too lazy for that!
Mapping wise it's really frozen at the moment because even if you create a mapping, nobody of the admins etc bothers to spend 20 seconds and post his opinion about the work. Plus it takes a lot of time before one gets implemented. We need a sparkle to map.
More enthusiasm please!
Trust the players more.
Cut the slowly-ish behaviour because that's what making everybody mad.

Bob

Retired Admin
Get rid of circle-jerks and people in unfair positions who are given everything they want. More creative roleplay and more community-interactive events that aren't OOC. More freedom to roleplay what players want without the need to constantly have an admins approval and perhaps less of the whole issue with admins publicly fucking around just because they are on a-duty and 'OOC'. Roleplay opportunities are extremely low. We have countless clubs like Club Pulse and Babylon who people buy just to leech off the money it makes and not actually use them for the purpose in which they were created, to roleplay in. Give these places to someone who wants to use them.

I don't mean to come off harsh but things do need to change.

lars

dick advocate
Retired Admin
What RC:RP needs is new admins who actually will do their job, more updates, and more ways to make money. I know a few friends of mine who came to me, speaking of how they wanted to leave the server because of the player-base becoming lower and lower, and not being able to work up money. I also believe that the economy needs to be fixed. Lower the prices of cars, homes, and businesses. Side-jobs give you like $600, and then you have to wait an hour. I was looking at new cars to buy, a pickup truck for 30k! That is nowhere like in real life, things like that should cost 15k. A very large reason of people leaving is the economy, along with no new factions. We have had the same factions for ages. The head of factions hasn't introduced anything new, and to be honest, there is no reason for FBI to be here. Also updates in the script as well as mapping should be implemented to make things fresh. Map in some construction sites, and then a few weeks later, introduce new buildings, new places to live, because right now, places to live are slim. I just wanted to buy a home in Palomino, and the interior was quite small, with basic furniture, and it was listed for 600k, it's completely unbelievable.

Overview
-New updates in script and mapping
-New factions introduced
-Economy brought down to a real life level
Doing this should bring more people to love the server. And also I think making advertisements for the server sounds like a great idea.

Shmoogle

Retired Admin
Continuously talking about admins being terrible really won't help, you'd be surprised to know how much we actually care. I personally have been talking with some other admins regularly with ideas and improvements as well as continuing on with our regular duties as well as we can taking the servers stability into consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.