Status
Not open for further replies.

The Truth

Donator
ThePasst said:
The Truth said:
Xtreme said:
The Truth said:
In my opinion this is completely foolish as it is an IC matter and should have been brought to the courts. I would also like to know what rule says you cannot transfer money because that is the worst rule. Let's say you want to rip a rich kid, they obviously need money to do such properly.

Let's go back in time when you first joined and tried your first illegal act and then fine you $90,000 okay? Let's see how you like it.

To everyone else (including you): The world is not revolving around you so stop acting like it, there are other players who also wish to enjoy the game as much as you enjoy it. Stop being selfish for hell's sake.

EDIT: And please tell me how wiping everyone's weapon license wasn't "an IC matter that should have been brought to the courts". Just an example, The Truth. You're not a saint either.
Typically we actually do not give max fines to new players but rather a more reasonable fine. For example, I pull over a level one or two and they have a stolen car, I still will arrest them, however I would give them anywhere from 1k to 5k in fines pending on their roleplay capabilities as well all want to encourage that.

In no way am I acting like the world is revolving around myself, I am merely stating for the sake of the players. When I joined, yes, I got arrested quite a few times, did the SASP make adjustments towards my level? Yes.

What's your problem then if the limit is 10k if you gave them 1-5k fines already? Give new people a chance to enjoy this game as well.. I would have definately left if I got fined 60k the first day I started plaing.
Let's say it this way: It's limiting us. We can have OOC faction rules, but when it becomes a server rule, it just pisses some people in the RCPD and I am sure BCSD off having those server limitations rather than faction limitations.

Xtreme

Donator
The Truth said:
ThePasst said:
The Truth said:
Xtreme said:
The Truth said:
In my opinion this is completely foolish as it is an IC matter and should have been brought to the courts. I would also like to know what rule says you cannot transfer money because that is the worst rule. Let's say you want to rip a rich kid, they obviously need money to do such properly.

Let's go back in time when you first joined and tried your first illegal act and then fine you $90,000 okay? Let's see how you like it.

To everyone else (including you): The world is not revolving around you so stop acting like it, there are other players who also wish to enjoy the game as much as you enjoy it. Stop being selfish for hell's sake.

EDIT: And please tell me how wiping everyone's weapon license wasn't "an IC matter that should have been brought to the courts". Just an example, The Truth. You're not a saint either.
Typically we actually do not give max fines to new players but rather a more reasonable fine. For example, I pull over a level one or two and they have a stolen car, I still will arrest them, however I would give them anywhere from 1k to 5k in fines pending on their roleplay capabilities as well all want to encourage that.

In no way am I acting like the world is revolving around myself, I am merely stating for the sake of the players. When I joined, yes, I got arrested quite a few times, did the SASP make adjustments towards my level? Yes.

What's your problem then if the limit is 10k if you gave them 1-5k fines already? Give new people a chance to enjoy this game as well.. I would have definately left if I got fined 60k the first day I started plaing.
Let's say it this way: It's limiting us. We can have OOC faction rules, but when it becomes a server rule, it just pisses some people in the RCPD and I am sure BCSD off having those server limitations rather than faction limitations.

That's plain idiotic and lacking common sense. What's the difference between server rules and faction rules other than the punishments? They're rules you must abide by. You get punished either ways, whether it is a demotion for faction rules or maybe ajails/temp bans for server rules.

Robin

Retired Admin
Bryant said:
The amount of fines should have been reduced with the coming of the prison. Not earlier, not later. But that's just my opinion.
As soon as the prison is here, then they should be reduced.
Why? Because now, they can go around raping girls, then murdering 10 cops and just get a 60 minutes jail. The addition of (atm) a max fine of 60k will balance it all. (The time)
With the prison, you could balance it by (for example) giving out 10 hour jails and 25k fines for it.

I might've wrote it more complicated than it is, but I hope you understand it.

Prince

Retired Admin
Xtreme said:
Prince said:
Xtreme said:
Zomane said:
So if my level 1 account tries to murder cops 6 days in a row I'll be fined for 60k max if I get caught?....
Not that I have any account below level 6 but still, it can be abused that a person will never level up to avoid fines yet commit crimes..
No, you are going to get fined 10k, and the jail limit is still 60 minutes, so you would get arrested on top of that.
And when the prison comes, you are going to get arrested for a long time. Clear enough now?

EDIT: And if you decide never to level up, you wont be able to get a few jobs, hide your name, make weapons, etc...

*creates level 1 account*
*begins to randomly start chases*
*gets a fine*
*deletes character on his MA.*

*Does the process again*
*Has to pass through the tutorial again*
*Has to get a car license again*
*Has to buy a toolbox to hotwire a car*

Wait... Didn't you vote yes for this change as well? :doh:

Didn't care about the meeting nor did I vote, look at the topic. :doh:

I'm just stating what people'll do to have "fun" non-RPly here. Even if it's a long process, it's been done.

Xtreme

Donator
Meh well, you're supposed to have fun as well when chasing someone, if you don't then I don't know what you're made of because those are too damn fun. If they don't RP then report them.

And even before this rule, getting into chases then deleting your account was possible, so you're basically trying to get another argument in this topic >.<

Adin

Donator
The rule should be held off until the prison gets scripted in, with this you've just basically let the illegal side have even less restrictions. People are going to kill people and get what? a 5k fine? What'll they learn from that, nothing.

Xtreme

Donator
Right, here's the deal:
When we did not implement this rule, people started whining because new players were in the negatives and therefore started leaving the server/crying/asking for refunds/having a bad image of the police on the server.
When we decided to implement this rule, the police (who, take note, have literally 0 profit when they /fine people, everything goes to the fbank) starts whining because they can't fuck up other people's fun that much anymore.

Now, Adin, tell me, how many level 1s are killing people here and there? If you want to stay below level 3 to keep the 20k fine limit, then it's your choice because guess what? You wont be able to hide your name, make a few weapons, own two businesses, buy from executive motors, and do a few other things.

People whine whenever a decision has been made and that is no secret, so pretty please with sugar on top, stop whining and try to enjoy the game.

Prince

Retired Admin
Xtreme said:
Meh well, you're supposed to have fun as well when chasing someone, if you don't then I don't know what you're made of because those are too damn fun. If they don't RP then report them.

And even before this rule, getting into chases then deleting your account was possible, so you're basically trying to get another argument in this topic >.<

No, I said it's been done meaning I was well aware of it, nor am I trying to start an argument.

luigifan9

Donator
Glad to see this, when I was level 1-3 I was going into the negatives from small crimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.