What's new

Reducing the amount of fines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mueller

Retired Admin
Adin said:
The rule should be held off until the prison gets scripted in, with this you've just basically let the illegal side have even less restrictions. People are going to kill people and get what? a 5k fine? What'll they learn from that, nothing.

Fines should be removed if you are going to be in jail for like, 3 days...

Money should only be used to bail on low crimes like IRL

Casablancas

Retired Admin
As Xtreme already emphasised, this rule should not be held off. A 20,000$ fine for a new player will still be a pain in the ass.

DonutSeller

Donator
Cacer┬® said:
Adin said:
The rule should be held off until the prison gets scripted in, with this you've just basically let the illegal side have even less restrictions. People are going to kill people and get what? a 5k fine? What'll they learn from that, nothing.

Fines should be removed if you are going to be in jail for like, 3 days...

Money should only be used to bail on low crimes like IRL

That system will be implemented with the new criminal code and the prison.

Adin

Donator
If you look at the logical side, you'll clearly see that at THIS MOMENT IN TIME there are many level 1-5's that have acquired weaponry that even I have a hard time acquiring on my illegal alts. In fact, I see it all the time, I'm a cop and I deal with people like this on a DAILY basis, and like many cops have stated here we usually tend to give each player a fixed fine depending on the quality of role-play, whether they have given us a hard time etc..., That's how we police officers hatch fines.

I'm saying the reason why this should be held off is because we still don't have the bloody prison in yet, and we cannot adjust fines and what-not. It becomes really hard because in your head you have to edit the criminal code by heart, and people will start to complain and be like "how come he gets that fine, how come she gets that fine!" It's also really hard because you have to check each time what a players level is, especially if they refuse to remove their mask that's when it becomes really hard and I really can't be arsed to contact an administrator EVERY time I'm arresting someone who refuses to remove their mask RPly of course.

When the prison system has been created, I'm sure that the fines will be adjusted with the jail times and bails will be setup and what-not. That's why I'm asking that this rule be held off for a while, I don't care if I get a profit out of it, my faction does and that's what I'm working for, gaining money for the faction. It's not whether I want to make someone's life worse, I just go by the criminal code of conduct, and if someone has killed like 3-4 people and evaded and what-not, hell yeah I'm going to boost their fine up. Where I'm from, for driving 50KMPH over the speed-limit you get a $10,000 fine and your vehicle destroyed.

I go easy on low leveled players, but when someone's acting up, moody, fails to role-play etc... I give them a huge fine, and I will continue to do so until the criminal code has been changed ICly as I do not want to mix. I'm fair to everyone, and I do not cross the boundaries, especially if it includes someones financial situation. Also to be honest with you, I don't want to have to worry about whenever I'm arresting someone whether I have to minimize their fine, or what I have to do. Officers already have enough shit to deal with on a daily basis, especially considering some of the noobs on RCRP, we get a lot of shit thrown at us but yet nobody thanks us, but adds more things to worry about, and don't even go saying 'THEN DON'T DO THE JOB!' because I've been doing it for almost over a year and I can just imagine the other people who have been here longer.

Xtreme out of all people you should know, you're an officer, you know how it feels like.

Xtreme

Donator
Adin said:
If you look at the logical side, you'll clearly see that at THIS MOMENT IN TIME there are many level 1-5's that have acquired weaponry that even I have a hard time acquiring on my illegal alts. In fact, I see it all the time, I'm a cop and I deal with people like this on a DAILY basis, and like many cops have stated here we usually tend to give each player a fixed fine depending on the quality of role-play, whether they have given us a hard time etc..., That's how we police officers hatch fines.

I'm saying the reason why this should be held off is because we still don't have the bloody prison in yet, and we cannot adjust fines and what-not. It becomes really hard because in your head you have to edit the criminal code by heart, and people will start to complain and be like "how come he gets that fine, how come she gets that fine!" It's also really hard because you have to check each time what a players level is, especially if they refuse to remove their mask that's when it becomes really hard and I really can't be arsed to contact an administrator EVERY time I'm arresting someone who refuses to remove their mask RPly of course.

When the prison system has been created, I'm sure that the fines will be adjusted with the jail times and bails will be setup and what-not. That's why I'm asking that this rule be held off for a while, I don't care if I get a profit out of it, my faction does and that's what I'm working for, gaining money for the faction. It's not whether I want to make someone's life worse, I just go by the criminal code of conduct, and if someone has killed like 3-4 people and evaded and what-not, hell yeah I'm going to boost their fine up. Where I'm from, for driving 50KMPH over the speed-limit you get a $10,000 fine and your vehicle destroyed.

I go easy on low leveled players, but when someone's acting up, moody, fails to role-play etc... I give them a huge fine, and I will continue to do so until the criminal code has been changed ICly as I do not want to mix. I'm fair to everyone, and I do not cross the boundaries, especially if it includes someones financial situation. Also to be honest with you, I don't want to have to worry about whenever I'm arresting someone whether I have to minimize their fine, or what I have to do. Officers already have enough shit to deal with on a daily basis, especially considering some of the noobs on RCRP, we get a lot of shit thrown at us but yet nobody thanks us, but adds more things to worry about, and don't even go saying 'THEN DON'T DO THE JOB!' because I've been doing it for almost over a year and I can just imagine the other people who have been here longer.

Xtreme out of all people you should know, you're an officer, you know how it feels like.

@The mask thing:
You will have to ask him for an ID either ways, because /fine requires the person's ID. So basically, that argument is invalid.

@The RP = Amount of fine thingy:
So basically you're taking OOC action on someone's improper fine by giving them an IC huge fine? You shouldn't do that, you should contact an administrator.

Indeed, I am an officer but I am also a moderator, and it just sucks to see these new players going in debt then asking us for a refund because an officer decided to give him a huge fine (even if only 4 people in the admin team can refund cash).

Charcer

Banned
Xtreme said:
AFAIK transferring hasn't been allowed for the past three months, I'll have to look into that.

And two choices were presented: we either keep no limits and have a fair (huge) amount of new players who are in the -$80,000s or implement this rule.
There's also no point in arguing about money you'll never get. You RP a cop because you want to incarcerate and stop crime ICly not make the game really hard for people.

You make it sound like we're some kind of fun police NO FUN ALLOWED faction.

If some newbie decides to steal a car to drive around and gets caught, well boo-fucking-hoo. There's public transport as well as taxis to go around as well as sidejobs and legal factions you can join to roleplay and get some extra bucks off.

Xtreme said:
So basically you're taking OOC action on someone's improper fine by giving them an IC huge fine? You shouldn't do that, you should contact an administrator.

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Seapony

Bronze Member
| Charcer | said:
Xtreme said:
AFAIK transferring hasn't been allowed for the past three months, I'll have to look into that.

And two choices were presented: we either keep no limits and have a fair (huge) amount of new players who are in the -$80,000s or implement this rule.
There's also no point in arguing about money you'll never get. You RP a cop because you want to incarcerate and stop crime ICly not make the game really hard for people.

If some newbie decides to steal a car to drive around and gets caught, well boo-fucking-hoo. There's public transport as well as taxis to go around as well as sidejobs and legal factions you can join to roleplay and get some extra bucks off.

It's more like that most people levels 1-3 steal a car because there are either no taxis/buses/people lending rides, so the only option is to steal your own car anyway...

Costa

Donator
What's up with people and whining nowadays? This is a new rule, just follow it. It's not like it's going to ruin RC-RP. :doh:

Xtreme

Donator
| Charcer | said:
Xtreme said:

Yes, but they have yet to discover these "sidejobs and legal factions" you are talking about, and some do their discoveries by illegal means.
You make it sound like being illegal is an OOC offense.

| Charcer | said:
Xtreme said:

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

I meant "improper RP" not fine. My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.