What's new

Reducing the amount of fines

Status
Not open for further replies.

D.H.

Donator
Ladies a gentleman, I have a solution!
I agree that low levels players should have some break with those fines, since that may have not had that chance to gain money yet, so they could pay the fines.
I also agree that the rule as it is being proposed now, is a bit unfair, because there is a very low fines limit for them, and that can cause situation when the punishment doesn't fit the crimes.
SO
IMO the 60k fine limit should stay for all levels, BUT the fines themselves should've cut like that (example):
Level 1 - all fines cut by 60%
Level 2-3 - all fines cut by 50%
Level 4-5 - all fines cut by 25%

This will make the fines lower and easier to pay for the lower leveled players, but it will still match their crimes.

So no one should have a problem with the fines except the ones that are planing to go on a killing spree, in which case the should think about the outcomes, and it will make the punishments for the worst crimes more intimidating, than if you had 10k limit on them for level 1s.

Everyone happy now? :D

Tom

Donator
D.H. said:
I agree that low levels players should have some break with those fines, since that may have not had that chance to gain money yet, so they could pay the fines.
I also agree that the rule as it is being proposed now, is a bit unfair, because there is a very low fines limit for them, and that can cause situation when the punishment doesn't fit the crimes.
SO
IMO the 60k fine limit should stay for all levels, BUT the fines themselves should've cut like that (example):

This will make the fines lower and easier to pay for the lower leveled players, but it will still match their crimes.

So no one should have a problem with the fines except the ones that are planing to go on a killing spree, in which case the should think about the outcomes, and it will make the punishments for the worst crimes more intimidating, than if you had 10k limit on them for level 1s.

I don't think every cop will use a calculator and count that, Just give them a random fine which sounds good, lol.

BigMac

Donator
Tom'BillyJo said:
D.H. said:
SO

I don't think every cop will use a calculator and count that, Just give them a random fine which sounds good, lol.
Tom's right, I wouldn't.

ThePasst

Retired Admin
Adin said:
I can't believe that Beauregard is going off about playing to win etc... I want to see you do our job, being a cop is pretty much like an IC administrator yet still having to deal with OOC shit on top of it. It's fucking stressful, and having to worry about more god damn rules just makes it even harder for us, so stop destroying the name of the PD with your bullshit and lies, you're making it harder for us to improve.

The chief works on a daily basis to create new functioning systems within the department and you're just soiling the name of the PD with your 'play to win' bullshit, if you honestly want to be an idiot and talk shit about a faction go do it somewhere else. You don't know bullshit about the Police, you've probably only seen a cop in a movie by your post. In real life, movies, episodes cops win all the time whether they win 5 days later or at that time, they always win. We loose suspects on a daily basis, and hell, since there's no way for us to keep track of them we don't find them, ever.

So before you go off in this topic, talking shit about the Police Department look at the facts and don't be skipping to conclusions just to degrade the PD's name. I'm not going to lie, there are things wrong with the Police Department but they're working on getting fixed, and will be resolved soon.

Sir, it's just a game. I'm amazed how some people act like it's tough to be typing stuff on their keyboards, I'd suggest joining the PD in real life if you want a real challenge. You can't tell me that it's hard to act like a cop on a game.

Crazy Andre

Retired Admin
ThePasst said:
Adin said:
I can't believe that Beauregard is going off about playing to win etc... I want to see you do our job, being a cop is pretty much like an IC administrator yet still having to deal with OOC shit on top of it. It's fucking stressful, and having to worry about more god damn rules just makes it even harder for us, so stop destroying the name of the PD with your bullshit and lies, you're making it harder for us to improve.

The chief works on a daily basis to create new functioning systems within the department and you're just soiling the name of the PD with your 'play to win' bullshit, if you honestly want to be an idiot and talk shit about a faction go do it somewhere else. You don't know bullshit about the Police, you've probably only seen a cop in a movie by your post. In real life, movies, episodes cops win all the time whether they win 5 days later or at that time, they always win. We loose suspects on a daily basis, and hell, since there's no way for us to keep track of them we don't find them, ever.

So before you go off in this topic, talking shit about the Police Department look at the facts and don't be skipping to conclusions just to degrade the PD's name. I'm not going to lie, there are things wrong with the Police Department but they're working on getting fixed, and will be resolved soon.

Sir, it's just a game. I'm amazed how some people act like it's tough to be typing stuff on their keyboards, I'd suggest joining the PD in real life if you want a real challenge. You can't tell me that it's hard to act like a cop on a game.
It's not hard being a cop IG. People just like to start unnecessary shit.

Crazy Austin

Donator
My personal input..

When it comes to a level 1-2 noob that knows how to roleplay and put up a good fun roleplay fight...Hell yeah. They're not getting much of a fine at all. And if they do havea fine, I'm normally nice enough to front the money for them as long as I'm convinced they can roleplay properly. I hate fining people a tremendous amount of money. It ruins the aspect of the server. Sure. You dot he crime you pay the fine what ever..but this is a game man! Have fun with it! Get the fuck over it if you lose.

I lose a lot. Yeah, I may get mad and get out of game when I lose..but that's better than playing to win! If I get into a crash, I don't just keep goign. I stop. I roleplay it. For example..I got t-boned during a police chase the other day. I roleplayed having to be extracted and flown to the hospital. The roleplay was a complete BLAST to have..because I love roleplaying. If you truly love roleplaying you'll not roleplay to win.

Got a little off topic there. But like I said. I sometimes don't even fine people for their crimes..it really just depends. Now if you're being a complete dick and being absolutely retarded not knowing jack shit..yeah...I'm going to fine you out the ass.

That's my two cents.

Tom

Donator
ThePasst said:
Adin said:

The PD, Stressful? I've been in it, All you have do to is do your duty n' chill, I was never stressed while doing stuff, just be sarcastic towards the noobs, And everything will be alright.

Robin

Retired Admin
Tom'BillyJo said:
ThePasst said:
Adin said:

The PD, Stressful? I've been in it, All you have do to is do your duty n' chill, I was never stressed while doing stuff, just be sarcastic towards the noobs, And everything will be alright.
Uhh ye, for how long?

Tom

Donator
Robin said:
Tom'BillyJo said:
ThePasst said:
Adin said:

Uhh ye, for how long?

1-2 months. (It's stressful enough to get supervised by Scuba!)

Wildcard

Donator
We normally already do this, or at least I do. If they're level 1 I'll rarely fine them if I'm arresting them, or fine them low if it's just a fine, anyone 10+ with a record I'll fine regular and it also varies on their IC and OOC behavior. Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.