What's new

Reducing the amount of fines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bauer

Retired Admin
I don't understand why some people are reacting so hostile towards this new rule. It's not that you (as a police officer) earn anything by fining someone, right? This goes right to the faction bank. Why should you care if you have to fine someone a little less? It's not that YOU lose anything by doing it.

And if you already think about "creating new accounts" just to evade big fines.. It just proves that you are not here to roleplay at all and you just want cause trouble for the heck of it. Those people don't even belong here and should simply be banned.

luigifan9

Donator
Crazy Austin said:
My personal input..

When it comes to a level 1-2 noob that knows how to roleplay and put up a good fun roleplay fight...Hell yeah. They're not getting much of a fine at all. And if they do havea fine, I'm normally nice enough to front the money for them as long as I'm convinced they can roleplay properly. I hate fining people a tremendous amount of money. It ruins the aspect of the server. Sure. You dot he crime you pay the fine what ever..but this is a game man! Have fun with it! Get the fuck over it if you lose.

I lose a lot. Yeah, I may get mad and get out of game when I lose..but that's better than playing to win! If I get into a crash, I don't just keep goign. I stop. I roleplay it. For example..I got t-boned during a police chase the other day. I roleplayed having to be extracted and flown to the hospital. The roleplay was a complete BLAST to have..because I love roleplaying. If you truly love roleplaying you'll not roleplay to win.

Got a little off topic there. But like I said. I sometimes don't even fine people for their crimes..it really just depends. Now if you're being a complete dick and being absolutely retarded not knowing jack shit..yeah...I'm going to fine you out the ass.

That's my two cents.

This guy deserves a medal

Mueller

Retired Admin
Tom'BillyJo said:
Robin said:
Tom'BillyJo said:
ThePasst said:
Adin said:
I can't believe that Beauregard is going off about playing to win etc... I want to see you do our job, being a cop is pretty much like an IC administrator yet still having to deal with OOC shit on top of it. It's fucking stressful, and having to worry about more god damn rules just makes it even harder for us, so stop destroying the name of the PD with your bullshit and lies, you're making it harder for us to improve.

The chief works on a daily basis to create new functioning systems within the department and you're just soiling the name of the PD with your 'play to win' bullshit, if you honestly want to be an idiot and talk shit about a faction go do it somewhere else. You don't know bullshit about the Police, you've probably only seen a cop in a movie by your post. In real life, movies, episodes cops win all the time whether they win 5 days later or at that time, they always win. We loose suspects on a daily basis, and hell, since there's no way for us to keep track of them we don't find them, ever.

So before you go off in this topic, talking shit about the Police Department look at the facts and don't be skipping to conclusions just to degrade the PD's name. I'm not going to lie, there are things wrong with the Police Department but they're working on getting fixed, and will be resolved soon.

Sir, it's just a game. I'm amazed how some people act like it's tough to be typing stuff on their keyboards, I'd suggest joining the PD in real life if you want a real challenge. You can't tell me that it's hard to act like a cop on a game.

The PD, Stressful? I've been in it, All you have do to is do your duty n' chill, I was never stressed while doing stuff, just be sarcastic towards the noobs, And everything will be alright.
Uhh ye, for how long?

1-2 months. (It's stressful enough to get supervised by Scuba!)

Try 1 year :mad:

Adin

Donator
ThePasst said:
Adin said:
I can't believe that Beauregard is going off about playing to win etc... I want to see you do our job, being a cop is pretty much like an IC administrator yet still having to deal with OOC shit on top of it. It's fucking stressful, and having to worry about more god damn rules just makes it even harder for us, so stop destroying the name of the PD with your bullshit and lies, you're making it harder for us to improve.

The chief works on a daily basis to create new functioning systems within the department and you're just soiling the name of the PD with your 'play to win' bullshit, if you honestly want to be an idiot and talk shit about a faction go do it somewhere else. You don't know bullshit about the Police, you've probably only seen a cop in a movie by your post. In real life, movies, episodes cops win all the time whether they win 5 days later or at that time, they always win. We loose suspects on a daily basis, and hell, since there's no way for us to keep track of them we don't find them, ever.

So before you go off in this topic, talking shit about the Police Department look at the facts and don't be skipping to conclusions just to degrade the PD's name. I'm not going to lie, there are things wrong with the Police Department but they're working on getting fixed, and will be resolved soon.

Sir, it's just a game. I'm amazed how some people act like it's tough to be typing stuff on their keyboards, I'd suggest joining the PD in real life if you want a real challenge. You can't tell me that it's hard to act like a cop on a game.

Alright.

Dealing with noobs on a daily basis,
Dealing with /b whiners on a daily basis,
Dealing with NON rpers,
Dealing with people who refuse to role-play,
Dealing with people who have the tendency to water evade,

The list could go on for days, but the point is it's not that easy and how can I join the PD in real life when I'm only 16. Try acting like a cop for 1 year and dealing with the said above and then you'll see how it feels like.

BigMac

Donator
Adin said:
ThePasst said:
Adin said:

Alright.

Dealing with noobs on a daily basis,
Dealing with /b whiners on a daily basis,
Dealing with NON rpers,
Dealing with people who refuse to role-play,
Dealing with people who have the tendency to water evade,

The list could go on for days, but the point is it's not that easy and how can I join the PD in real life when I'm only 16. Try acting like a cop for 1 year and dealing with the said above and then you'll see how it feels like.
Dealing with smartasses ,
Dealing with whiners,

Status
Not open for further replies.