What's new

Reducing the amount of fines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xtreme

Donator
MrSuicideSheep said:
Xtreme said:
AFAIK transferring hasn't been allowed for the past three months, I'll have to look into that.

And two choices were presented: we either keep no limits and have a fair (huge) amount of new players who are in the -$80,000s or implement this rule.
There's also no point in arguing about money you'll never get. You RP a cop because you want to incarcerate and stop crime ICly not make the game really hard for people.

What if you logg in with two characters on the same computer at the same time and RP with yourself? I've done that before.

Okay but that's not what we're talking about now lol.

Tom

Donator
Xtreme said:
AFAIK transferring hasn't been allowed for the past three months, I'll have to look into that.

And two choices were presented: we either keep no limits and have a fair (huge) amount of new players who are in the -$80,000s or implement this rule.
There's also no point in arguing about money you'll never get. You RP a cop because you want to incarcerate and stop crime ICly not make the game really hard for people.

The Truth

Donator
In my opinion this is completely foolish as it is an IC matter and should have been brought to the courts. I would also like to know what rule says you cannot transfer money because that is the worst rule. Let's say you want to rip a rich kid, they obviously need money to do such properly.

ThePasst

Retired Admin
Rasta said:
ThePasst said:
Very good, but if an officer decides to break these rules anyways, can we report them for it on the forums and OOC actions will be taken against them or..?

Probably ye, but it's your own fault if you fail to advise him which level you are.

Ye but some people like to RP as corrupt cops and don't give a shit about what you say, so just wanted to be sure that they'll get a ban or what so ever if they break this rule.

Xtreme

Donator
The Truth said:
In my opinion this is completely foolish as it is an IC matter and should have been brought to the courts. I would also like to know what rule says you cannot transfer money because that is the worst rule. Let's say you want to rip a rich kid, they obviously need money to do such properly.

Let's go back in time when you first joined and tried your first illegal act and then fine you $90,000 okay? Let's see how you like it.

To everyone else (including you): The world is not revolving around you so stop acting like it, there are other players who also wish to enjoy the game as much as you enjoy it. Stop being selfish for hell's sake.

EDIT: And please tell me how wiping everyone's weapon license wasn't "an IC matter that should have been brought to the courts". Just an example, The Truth. You're not a saint either.

DonutSeller

Donator
MrSuicideSheep said:
Xtreme said:

What if you logg in with two characters on the same computer at the same time and RP with yourself? I've done that before.

what

The Truth

Donator
Xtreme said:
The Truth said:

Let's go back in time when you first joined and tried your first illegal act and then fine you $90,000 okay? Let's see how you like it.

To everyone else (including you): The world is not revolving around you so stop acting like it, there are other players who also wish to enjoy the game as much as you enjoy it. Stop being selfish for hell's sake.

EDIT: And please tell me how wiping everyone's weapon license wasn't "an IC matter that should have been brought to the courts". Just an example, The Truth. You're not a saint either.
Typically we actually do not give max fines to new players but rather a more reasonable fine. For example, I pull over a level one or two and they have a stolen car, I still will arrest them, however I would give them anywhere from 1k to 5k in fines pending on their roleplay capabilities as well all want to encourage that.

In no way am I acting like the world is revolving around myself, I am merely stating for the sake of the players. When I joined, yes, I got arrested quite a few times, did the SASP make adjustments towards my level? Yes.

Bryant

Donator
The amount of fines should have been reduced with the coming of the prison. Not earlier, not later. But that's just my opinion.

ThePasst

Retired Admin
The Truth said:
Xtreme said:
The Truth said:

Typically we actually do not give max fines to new players but rather a more reasonable fine. For example, I pull over a level one or two and they have a stolen car, I still will arrest them, however I would give them anywhere from 1k to 5k in fines pending on their roleplay capabilities as well all want to encourage that.

In no way am I acting like the world is revolving around myself, I am merely stating for the sake of the players. When I joined, yes, I got arrested quite a few times, did the SASP make adjustments towards my level? Yes.

What's your problem then if the limit is 10k if you gave them 1-5k fines already? Give new people a chance to enjoy this game as well.. I would have definately left if I got fined 60k the first day I started plaing.

Status
Not open for further replies.