What's new

Reducing the amount of fines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xtreme

Donator
| Charcer | said:
Ever heard the phrase "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time"? -fines in this context, but you know what I mean- It's what is usually say to new players who go the criminal route.

The high amount of the fines is what discourages illegal activity -and we got lots of it, if you didn't notice- and with less penalization towards criminal players, you are essentially telling new players that they should go towards the criminal side of the server. We already have enough criminal activity to deal with, and now with newbies running around stealing cars and what not, then getting caught and saying "lol 10k fine bitch cop" you're making it way harder for legal players and law enforcement to balance the current state of the server.

And don't even get me started on the level system.

The thing is, we do not discourage illegal activity OOCly, you know..
If there is nothing illegal going on, you (the police) would just become useless.

Robinson

Donator
I got fined 30 k on my first day on the server as: Dexter_Cooper my lvl 1 char. Is there anything you can do for me? With this rule I hope to get some assistance soon enough. Being -30 k cash for punching an Officer to me seems a bit excessive now that the limit for lvl 1 is 10 k. All assistance is welcome :).

Charcer

Banned
Xtreme said:
| Charcer | said:
Ever heard the phrase "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time"? -fines in this context, but you know what I mean- It's what is usually say to new players who go the criminal route.

The high amount of the fines is what discourages illegal activity -and we got lots of it, if you didn't notice- and with less penalization towards criminal players, you are essentially telling new players that they should go towards the criminal side of the server. We already have enough criminal activity to deal with, and now with newbies running around stealing cars and what not, then getting caught and saying "lol 10k fine bitch cop" you're making it way harder for legal players and law enforcement to balance the current state of the server.

And don't even get me started on the level system.

The thing is, we do not discourage illegal activity OOCly, you know..
If there is nothing illegal going on, you (the police) would just become useless.

That's the point, you're not disencouraging it, but in fact encouraging the players to be criminals. Read again.

WildenborgR

Donator
Xtreme said:
James Reed said:
So this basically just goes to the RCPD and BCSD?

As far as I know, they're the only ones who can /fine.

Rich said:
Good job, but how do you distuingish low level alt accounts from high level main accounts?

You don't. You also don't see level 5s walk around with 1 million dollars, except if they were transferred which is not allowed.
Wait, where does it say that transferring is not allowed? Not that I do it all the time though, just making sure. :whistling:

Xtreme

Donator
WildenborgR said:
Xtreme said:
James Reed said:

Rich said:
Good job, but how do you distuingish low level alt accounts from high level main accounts?

You don't. You also don't see level 5s walk around with 1 million dollars, except if they were transferred which is not allowed.
Wait, where does it say that transferring is not allowed? Not that I do it all the time though, just making sure. :whistling:

Transferring is kinda metagame as well so it is not allowed.

James Reed

Donator
Xtreme said:
WildenborgR said:
Xtreme said:
James Reed said:

Rich said:

Transferring is kinda metagame as well so it is not allowed.
Well you could make a scenario where you're a relative of your main or alt and the money has been passed on to you as they've passed away..?

Xtreme

Donator
AFAIK transferring hasn't been allowed for the past three months, I'll have to look into that.

And two choices were presented: we either keep no limits and have a fair (huge) amount of new players who are in the -$80,000s or implement this rule.
There's also no point in arguing about money you'll never get. You RP a cop because you want to incarcerate and stop crime ICly not make the game really hard for people.

James Reed

Donator
Xtreme said:
AFAIK transferring hasn't been allowed for the past three months, I'll have to look into that.

And two choices were presented: we either keep no limits and have a fair (huge) amount of new players who are in the -$80,000s or implement this rule.
There's also no point in arguing about money you'll never get. You RP a cop because you want to incarcerate and stop crime ICly not make the game really hard for people.
I totally agree with this implemented rule, however I think the overall fining's for most crimes are ludicrous, being a officer on this server myself, I feel the whole of this topic needs to have more releasable prices, bare in mind, people can't earn 20K like that..

Costa

Donator
Xtreme said:

What if you logg in with two characters on the same computer at the same time and RP with yourself? I've done that before.

Status
Not open for further replies.