What's new

Reducing the amount of fines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich

Donator
Xtreme said:
James Reed said:
So this basically just goes to the RCPD and BCSD?

As far as I know, they're the only ones who can /fine.

Rich said:
Good job, but how do you distuingish low level alt accounts from high level main accounts?

You don't. You also don't see level 5s walk around with 1 million dollars, except if they were transferred which is not allowed.

Point is that they know how it works and they'll get fined for less, but okay.

Adin

Donator
More things to worry about... What if they're a person, who killed a bunch of cops, evaded etc... I'm still going to give him/her the fine until the IC criminal code has been changed. I think this rule should be held off for a bit, and wait until the criminal code is updated, because if we don't use the current fines listed then It makes our job really complicated and the current one has fines exceeding over 60k... I mean I usually don't fine someone over 40k but if I do, there's a damn good reason WHY I do. On the other hand, sweet, less money taken from me on my criminal alt :D.

By the way, wanna-be trolls fuck off you're not funny.

Zomane

Donator
So if my level 1 account tries to murder cops 6 days in a row I'll be fined for 60k max if I get caught?....
Not that I have any account below level 6 but still, it can be abused that a person will never level up to avoid fines yet commit crimes..

Xtreme

Donator
Zomane said:
So if my level 1 account tries to murder cops 6 days in a row I'll be fined for 60k max if I get caught?....
Not that I have any account below level 6 but still, it can be abused that a person will never level up to avoid fines yet commit crimes..
No, you are going to get fined 10k, and the jail limit is still 60 minutes, so you would get arrested on top of that.
And when the prison comes, you are going to get arrested for a long time. Clear enough now?

EDIT: And if you decide never to level up, you wont be able to get a few jobs, hide your name, make weapons, etc...

Prince

Retired Admin
Xtreme said:
Zomane said:
No, you are going to get fined 10k, and the jail limit is still 60 minutes, so you would get arrested on top of that.
And when the prison comes, you are going to get arrested for a long time. Clear enough now?

EDIT: And if you decide never to level up, you wont be able to get a few jobs, hide your name, make weapons, etc...

*creates level 1 account*
*begins to randomly start chases*
*gets a fine*
*deletes character on his MA.*

Xtreme

Donator
Prince said:
Xtreme said:
Zomane said:

*creates level 1 account*
*begins to randomly start chases*
*gets a fine*
*deletes character on his MA.*

*Does the process again*
*Has to pass through the tutorial again*
*Has to get a car license again*
*Has to buy a toolbox to hotwire a car*

Wait... Didn't you vote yes for this change as well? :doh:

Alvar

Diamond Member
23947025.jpg

Charcer

Banned
Ever heard the phrase "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time"? -fines in this context, but you know what I mean- It's what is usually say to new players who go the criminal route.

The high amount of the fines is what discourages illegal activity -and we got lots of it, if you didn't notice- and with less penalization towards criminal players, you are essentially telling new players that they should go towards the criminal side of the server. We already have enough criminal activity to deal with, and now with newbies running around stealing cars and what not, then getting caught and saying "lol 10k fine bitch cop" you're making it way harder for legal players and law enforcement to balance the current state of the server.

And don't even get me started on the level system.

Status
Not open for further replies.