Everyone read!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lior

Banned
Scuba said:
FireTruck said:
Zomane said:
Lol while you're at it try to get rid of the forum trolling. It's taken over 90% of the forums and I don't see any permbans.
Cause most of them prefers their icecream admins' asses-flavor, man.

Yup, the forums are half the problem, its like a breeding ground for trolls and assholes... And lets face it these trolls and assholes are probably immature so when something happens on the forums such as an argument or something they will take that with them IG and start shit also...
True that.

Beauregard

Donator
Why don't we add a hunger system while we're at it? Every so often a your health bar will slowly reduce as you become hungry, requiring you to visit a restaurant and purchase a meal. If you don't, you run the risk of starving to death and dying.

Oh, I know why... because everyone always says "ITS JUST A GAME! WE JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN! LETS NOT TURN THIS INTO THE SIMS! BLA BLA BLABBITY BLA!" Well, you know what? The Sims is a role playing game just like RCRP. You create a character, and live out his or her life on both games!

2Fabulous

Retired Admin
Beauregard said:
Why don't we add a hunger system while we're at it? Every so often a your health bar will slowly reduce as you become hungry, requiring you to visit a restaurant and purchase a meal. If you don't, you run the risk of starving to death and dying.

Oh, I know why... because everyone always says "ITS JUST A GAME! WE JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN! LETS NOT TURN THIS INTO THE SIMS! BLA BLA BLABBITY BLA!" Well, you know what? The Sims is a role playing game just like RCRP. You create a character, and live out his or her life on both games!

Nah, you're wrong. It's because a hunger system is really annoying. Say, you participate in a Roleplay session that lasts quite long and your HP constantly decreases.
Example: police chase. "Fuck this, I'm hungry, I gotta stop and get something to eat, who cares if I'm going to jail afterwards!"

Beauregard

Donator
2Fabulous said:
Beauregard said:

Nah, you're wrong. It's because a hunger system is really annoying. Say, you participate in a Roleplay session that lasts quite long and your HP constantly decreases.
Example: police chase. "Fuck this, I'm hungry, I gotta stop and get something to eat, who cares if I'm going to jail afterwards!"

Exactly, because its just a fucking game! Yes, its a game where our activities should be based on real life, but there are times where it is appropriate to take things out of perspective (and perhaps times to just kick back and have fun after a long day at school or work).

You want hardcore roleplay? Well, that would consist of everyday behaviors such as eating, pissing, etc. You don't want to deal with those basic human functions in the game? Allow a bit of leeway for some fun, or as you say, trolling.

Don_Vincent

Donator
Alvar said:
W.Stevenson said:
As everyone said, i'm sure that RC-RP will be better if there will be more changelogs... everyone is getting bored because of the old script. I said multiple times, and i will say more, make changelogs every week and you will see everyone coming back.

Thats not the point Stevenson. How will the changelog make newbies that dont know how to RP properly, RP?

It's not that RCRP is boring because of the script, no, we get cool stuff from time to time. Its about the people, not about the amount of people that play here but how they RP.

Vote: Are you willing to RP with a newbie and teach him in /pm or are you willing to spam /report and /assistance????? I would like to hear how did YOU learn to RP to the "standard"

W.Stevenson

Banned
Don_Vincent said:
Alvar said:
W.Stevenson said:
As everyone said, i'm sure that RC-RP will be better if there will be more changelogs... everyone is getting bored because of the old script. I said multiple times, and i will say more, make changelogs every week and you will see everyone coming back.

Thats not the point Stevenson. How will the changelog make newbies that dont know how to RP properly, RP?

It's not that RCRP is boring because of the script, no, we get cool stuff from time to time. Its about the people, not about the amount of people that play here but how they RP.

Vote: Are you willing to RP with a newbie and teach him in /pm or are you willing to spam /report and /assistance????? I would like to hear how did YOU learn to RP to the "standard"
:doh:

Very simple. How we have the /n chat where the newcomers ask everything what they don't know, we can have /newbieassistance and everyone who is in charge as Newbie Teacher will answer to their assistance, fixing a spot where to meet and helping him to learn different things and tricks about RPing. What is that hard?

Maxx

Platinum Member
Beauregard said:
2Fabulous said:
Beauregard said:

Exactly, because its just a fucking game! Yes, its a game where our activities should be based on real life, but there are times where it is appropriate to take things out of perspective (and perhaps times to just kick back and have fun after a long day at school or work).

You want hardcore roleplay? Well, that would consist of everyday behaviors such as eating, pissing, etc. You don't want to deal with those basic human functions in the game? Allow a bit of leeway for some fun, or as you say, trolling.

You sir, need to go on a freeroam server.

Karner

Banned
There doesn't need to be a command to help newbies, it should be done freely, a state of mind that a select few here are actually willing to adapt and express in RCRP, if every newbie had a 20 minute tutorial by a VET player, then every single one of those newbies would have a better understanding and a better outlook on the server, rather than spamming /n.

Yes, they should be able to speak English, but does it need to be perfect? No, all the time WE can understand what they mean, just go with it and then correct them via PM, and what they did wrong with the grammar, same as their roleplay. It's sheer laziness and abandonment issue there is nothing (major) wrong with the Dev team and there are no issues with the Administrative teams way of dealing with things internally (From what I remember) but who are we to judge how they do their jobs?

If they want to sit on admin duty and fuck around and stil get the points they're fooling themselves for the next admin stats revelation. The only issue that I can vouch for is the response times to reports, but we don't know what they're doing at the time, we don't know what they're engaged in so it's hardly a standalone point without assumptions.

Right now its OUR mistake as the players, forum trollls will be forum trolls, if they troll in game they get banned, and just because an administrator doesn't deem someone's actions punishable doesn't mean that the player is ass-kissing them, at all. That's quite an ignorant view of things, which is also a major downside to the community that has developed because of the community, the ignorance of players.

It's a slow healing process, so do your bit, whether it's making an assistance rather than PMing, giving a quick OOC tour for a newbie(Make sure to ask) or even /reporting a rule breaker. Expand your roleplay, step out of your friendship groups and adapt to others' roleplay and enjoy it, there's plenty of it out there, you've just got to grab it rather than ignore it.

Jazz

Retired Admin
Karner said:
It's a slow healing process, so do your bit, whether it's making an assistance rather than PMing, giving a quick OOC tour for a newbie(Make sure to ask) or even /reporting a rule breaker. Expand your roleplay, step out of your friendship groups and adapt to others' roleplay and enjoy it, there's plenty of it out there, you've just got to grab it rather than ignore it.

That's what I keep saying. Yesterdays RP I brought in was an example to pull people out of their virtual RP holes, to socialize more in character, eventually expand the daily RP basis.. You name it.

Miguel_Witsel

Donator
Scuba said:
Miguel_Witsel said:
When soemthing happens on the forum and I say : " Start to RP like you would do IRL", what people say? : "This is just a fucking game, we want to have fun here, not only doing things that we would do IRL." Now it's an admin saying this and everyone starts to asslick them. Fuck, why you have different opinions when talking with a regular player and an admin?
Yes, we MUST RP like we would do IRL. If this is a RP server, that's the fucking purpose. Is it needed to come an admin and say this? Hell no, when you join you already know the purpose of the server, so for fuck sakes, act same way with regular players like you would act with admins.

Jesus Christ I can't explain how deeply in love I've just fallen with you, have my babies please :bow:

I may be a little harsh on this but it's the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.