What's new

Addressing Some Criticism

Adin

Donator
I think this was a post addressing Tommy's criticism not Evans leadership style.. Not trying to side with anyone here, let's just stay on topic. If you guys have something to say to Evans please forum PM it to him.

On topic; Thanks for addressing some of these things Tommy! :thumbup:

Bircher

Banned
TomB y u hegbe dm an suport teh circel. we all no tat teh circel is wers 4 rcrp. alec 4 ohner.

Seriously though, I appreciate you took the time to answer the responses that players gave you. A crucial part of leadership is responding to criticism and communicating with your followers.

The Punisher

Retired Admin
Any reason why you DM'ed myself and other for no complete reason why you told your fellow admins to not say anything?

Karner

Banned
Evans said:
This is like the third post I've seen you from nothing but cussing out people.
Well if I was rude to someone, then I can guarantee they fully deserved it.
Then it's safe to assume the same for you, is it not?

As for criticism of the server and an up to date opinion, I cannot provide one, my issue with you Tommy when I was around wasn't much of an issue just more of a *tut* Tommy's being Tommy again. Addressing criticism about Tommy's activity is like begging the CEO of McDonalds to work at the counter, it's not going to happen. You're not going to gain anything from it and quite frankly it's not his job.

Why yes, it is somewhat his responsibility to ensure the satisfaction of players, admins, helpers, tes-.. nevermind that. But that doesn't mean he has to be in game 24/7 to do so, micro management is how Tommy should be running the server. While yes, Tommy does need to be here to -SUPERVISE- it does not mean he needs or should act unless direly necessary. That is what Admins, Lead admins and Head admins are for.

I personally feel from a personal reflection and from what has been said in the general consensus of discussion is that this is still an issue, there is no Tommy, there is no server management. I don't understand this, but when you've had 2 head admins leave for pretty much the same reason (Albeit Jetty returned), this should flag as an alarm.

Basically, what I'm saying is that the community doesn't need Tommy to be around 24/7 to function, that's not a community, that's a kindergarten. Head admins should not feel and should not have felt the need to constantly request Tommy's approval or final say before conducting a, server changing, decision.

As far as development is, you have created a pretty good team. Smally is an amazing PhP developer and Booth is a great programmer overall. I do feel, however that there should be more communication between the developers themselves and the community as far as developers coming to the community, asking what they think of something. Pulling random (Yes, random) members of the community on to test one or two things.

While this is a very subtle and quite daunting task for both administrators and developers it gives the community to both insight and hope about future updates, the server's integrity and it also breaks communication barriers quite a lot. The current tester t-.. t-.. person. I honestly have no idea. I haven't seen his ability to document bugs, haven't seen his ability to re-create bugs nor his ability to actually -FIND- them but that's none of the community's business.

The community is rather selfish, all of you are, it's been a downfall on RCRP for plenty of years and it's finally coming to a point where people, instead of forming proper arguments, are just down right insulting eachother over criticism (Not just pointing this at you Evans). People often blame Tommy and Alec for poor things around the community when you've got to look at how these things work.

All in all, everyone has to remember that you all have one neutral ground, RCRP. If you're fighting over something you all enjoy then that's both pedantic and just pathetic.

TL;DR: Get your fucking act together guys, it's not Tommy's fault you're all incredibly self absorbed and arrogant. Stop moaning about shit you have nothing to do with, enjoy RCRP and shut the fuck up. Tommy, stop being the king pin of the server, you're the owner not a babysitter. Give your Head admins tasks and LET THEM DO IT. If they come to you for an opinion, give one. If they come for your permission, tell them to do what they think is best.

The recent choice of admins was somewhat stellar, Jake and Kemp will both make great admins but I'm actually quite sad not to see a few others up there, for example: Igor and Shakerz.

RCRP used to be an enjoyable community, relaxed. No one cared about correcting spelling or grammar, those people were considered trolls and were banned. Now it's an acceptable medium. If you've ever wondered why the player count is so low? It's because everyone that genuinely enjoys playing RCRP from the start, ends up getting embarassed, insulted and berated until they leave.

"Coming together is a beginning; Keeping together is progress; Working together is success"

Karner, out.

Tom

Donator
Hollywood said:
Evans said:
This is like the third post I've seen you from nothing but cussing out people.
Well if I was rude to someone, then I can guarantee they fully deserved it.
Then it's safe to assume the same for you, is it not?

As for criticism of the server and an up to date opinion, I cannot provide one, my issue with you Tommy when I was around wasn't much of an issue just more of a *tut* Tommy's being Tommy again. Addressing criticism about Tommy's activity is like begging the CEO of McDonalds to work at the counter, it's not going to happen. You're not going to gain anything from it and quite frankly it's not his job.

Why yes, it is somewhat his responsibility to ensure the satisfaction of players, admins, helpers, tes-.. nevermind that. But that doesn't mean he has to be in game 24/7 to do so, micro management is how Tommy should be running the server. While yes, Tommy does need to be here to -SUPERVISE- it does not mean he needs or should act unless direly necessary. That is what Admins, Lead admins and Head admins are for.

I personally feel from a personal reflection and from what has been said in the general consensus of discussion is that this is still an issue, there is no Tommy, there is no server management. I don't understand this, but when you've had 2 head admins leave for pretty much the same reason (Albeit Jetty returned), this should flag as an alarm.

Basically, what I'm saying is that the community doesn't need Tommy to be around 24/7 to function, that's not a community, that's a kindergarten. Head admins should not feel and should not have felt the need to constantly request Tommy's approval or final say before conducting a, server changing, decision.

As far as development is, you have created a pretty good team. Smally is an amazing PhP developer and Booth is a great programmer overall. I do feel, however that there should be more communication between the developers themselves and the community as far as developers coming to the community, asking what they think of something. Pulling random (Yes, random) members of the community on to test one or two things.

While this is a very subtle and quite daunting task for both administrators and developers it gives the community to both insight and hope about future updates, the server's integrity and it also breaks communication barriers quite a lot. The current tester t-.. t-.. person. I honestly have no idea. I haven't seen his ability to document bugs, haven't seen his ability to re-create bugs nor his ability to actually -FIND- them but that's none of the community's business.

The community is rather selfish, all of you are, it's been a downfall on RCRP for plenty of years and it's finally coming to a point where people, instead of forming proper arguments, are just down right insulting eachother over criticism (Not just pointing this at you Evans). People often blame Tommy and Alec for poor things around the community when you've got to look at how these things work.

All in all, everyone has to remember that you all have one neutral ground, RCRP. If you're fighting over something you all enjoy then that's both pedantic and just pathetic.

TL;DR: Get your fucking act together guys, it's not Tommy's fault you're all incredibly self absorbed and arrogant. Stop moaning about shit you have nothing to do with, enjoy RCRP and shut the fuck up. Tommy, stop being the king pin of the server, you're the owner not a babysitter. Give your Head admins tasks and LET THEM DO IT. If they come to you for an opinion, give one. If they come for your permission, tell them to do what they think is best.

The recent choice of admins was somewhat stellar, Jake and Kemp will both make great admins but I'm actually quite sad not to see a few others up there, for example: Igor and Shakerz.

RCRP used to be an enjoyable community, relaxed. No one cared about correcting spelling or grammar, those people were considered trolls and were banned. Now it's an acceptable medium. If you've ever wondered why the player count is so low? It's because everyone that genuinely enjoys playing RCRP from the start, ends up getting embarassed, insulted and berated until they leave.

"Coming together is a beginning; Keeping together is progress; Working together is success"

Karner, out.

I'm a fag who hate everyone, Cuz everyone are stupid! But this guy speaks the truth^

edit: Fixed grammar idk maybe >:C

Fuse

Gold Member
Not really fussed what you do. Not my place to say what you're doing right or wrong.

x00

Retired Admin
Wow, just realized there are 13 euro admins and 4 american, can you explain why?

Davis

Administrator
Some of the euro administrators are online during the american timezone and the current american administrators are clearly able to handle it during that timezone so I can't see why it's an issue.

Jboi

Head Administrator
BigD said:
Some of the euro administrators are online during the american timezone and the current american administrators are clearly able to handle it during that timezone so I can't see why it's an issue.
Honestly, I think we could use a few more american timezone admins. Some of the late night hours for GMT -5 there can be 20-30 players on and no admins. It can get pretty bad with the non-rp and I actually remember one time I teamed up with some cops and other players in dooc to catch a speed hacker. So perhaps some more American timezone admins would be helpful.