What's new

Addressing Some Criticism

Jboi

Head Administrator
Zoltan said:
images
Found this to describe how I feel about all those circle hate comments. Seriously people Tommy is allowed to have friends just as much as me or any other admin and or player. More over we can't always be held responsible for what our friends do (not saying they are doing anything wrong). Also if Tommy was being favoritistic and shit to his friend groups it would be an issue. However the more I have gotten to know the people of the circle and Tommy the more I have been able to see past the rumors and more of who they truly are.
Tommy really changed my view on that when I talked to him a bit in TS. I don't even think I was the one who brought it up and I think everyone knows how much I like to stir shit up. But anyways, he really proved to me he had only good intentions for the server and I'm so glad he responded to my criticisms in this thread. I got mad respect for you Tommy. You really are doing great work with the server. I think you misunderstood one of my criticisms though and that was about your activity within the server. When I said that, I meant more along the lines of your play style. Now, when people are playing on RC:RP they all have different views of how they think they should roleplay and how they think characters on the server can be roleplayed. What I was getting at with that was Alec was rarely in game, so he was very unbiased when he looked at how the server interacted with the scripts he wrote. I'll use the cocaine script for example. Alec probably never would have changed the cocaine system. Now, cocaine to me had always been a way for gangs to make money by selling cheap, illegal armor. With the new system, I feel like your own playstyle may have influenced how you went about changing it. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I feel as though you felt cocaine was just being abused to just get armor, which is somewhat true, but I feel as other ways to go about fixing it would have been better. Do you think that the fact that you actually play on the server changes the way you make script updates in that you change the script to match a particular play style? For example, do you script more for legal or illegal?

x00

Retired Admin
This was nice to see, good job Tommy. Just keep improving the server.

The Punisher

Retired Admin
Tommy, not to piss you off or anything, but more for assistance, can you please do the refunds? viewforum.php?f=56 . A couple of them have been there since early November and they have been patient :D

RyEn

Donator
I dunno why people get so aggressive when they hear the name TommyB. I've known TommyB since our days back in another server where we've worked together and he was and still is the pretty chill'est guy he is today. Just keep making the community a better place for everyone.

Codac

Donator
Seriously guys, what the hell is your problem with TommyB having friends? Just because you don't have a life, doesn't mean that everyone else has to tend to your needs. If you feel that way, get out, because people can have some interesting things called social lifes. You should try getting one. It's quite sad that people are saying TommyB can't have a life at all, you aren't the center of the world. Honestly, people should be able to have a social life.

Corne

Donator
I am actually suprised that TommyB was not able to script when he became the owner. I honestly would not trust someone who would not be able to script with a gamemode that I worked on for a long time. I'm happy that everything did go well and that the server still is still existing. I do think that the server went a little outdated but hopefully there will be some visible changes as I can see that TommyB is trying to turn the community into a better place even though I might not always like all of his decisions. If he really only cared about himself then Hegebe would still be around and he and his friend would still have restricted weapons. #TommyB-Era

Desiner

Silver Member
codac3 said:
Seriously guys, what the hell is your problem with TommyB having friends? Just because you don't have a life, doesn't mean that everyone else has to tend to your needs. If you feel that way, get out, because people can have some interesting things called social lifes. You should try getting one. It's quite sad that people are saying TommyB can't have a life at all, you aren't the center of the world. Honestly, people should be able to have a social life.
I think people hate the circle because they think they are saving eachother for everyone. I don't have any problem with thecircle at all, so no hate to me please. But for example, there is a complaint made up. It's against one of the members of TheCircle. The handling admins comes and deems the complaint invalid. The complainer knows that the admin is in TheCircle aswell, and now he thinks because they are friends, he won't get punished by the admin. I -BELIEVE- that's why people hate the TheCircle, just because of the amount of admins who are in it. Once again, this is not my idea and I don't have any hate to TheCircle AT ALL.

Tiger

Donator
After reading the whole thing, my view on you changed a lot. You're doing great and I think you deserve the position as an owner! Good luck and I can't wait until the updates! :thumbup: