What's new

SAMP crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bellicose

The last thing I can think of is your cache being bugged which doesn't let the objects load right. Delete server cache see if that works.

milkycow

The last thing I can think of is your cache being bugged which doesn't let the objects load right. Delete server cache see if that works.
so i should delete the server cache and then join the server? will verifying cache works?

mark

Head of Strawman
Administrator
You think i did not try this.
I did try the cracked version and steam one. Here's what happens, i join the server and load my character but the moment i enter some interiors or drive around with my car. The game freezes and crashes, or sometimes it just freezes!

Exactly! that's why i am furious.
Back when i was playing on my pc i never encountered these crashes.
What were the specs on your previous PC?

I'm convinced it has something to do with your current GPU. I've scoured everywhere and can't find a solution, except one person having a similar issue with no fix.

Nocturnal

Helper
It could be the fact that the integrated GPU of the CPU you are using is being overloaded with the streaming distance/objects being preloaded. Seems odd since it's an ancient game however.
I do know that Steam installation can be very finicky thanks to Rockstar Game Launcher and Steam Auto-Updates, so perhaps that could be an issue with files being replaced unknowingly.
You can reach out to me on Discord if you want and I can try and help you with different workarounds.
Discord: grantyboyyy

Nocturnal

Helper
im going to try it.
i also heard that verifying cache by steam works, might as well try this one too. :fingers_crossed:
Verifying the Steam cache will replace any files that might have been altered, which will be the case if you've downgraded the Steam version. I'd advise against that.

Status
Not open for further replies.