What's new

Potential Master Account Character Limitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogdan

Silver Member
Back in the days if you had 2 different characters it was more than enough. Only a few people had 3 or more and they were not able to keep all of them active. But now, in just a few days browsing the forum and looking at peoples signatures I have noticed that many people have at least 3 characters if not even 4. I really don't get it. Unless you spend 24 hours per day playing on RCRP, it is IMPOSSIBLE to keep all 3 or 4 characters ACTIVE. And when I say active, I mean equally active (same amount of time played on each). For example if today you plan to play 2 hours on the server, that means you will have to play 30 minutes on each of your 4 characters. And in 30 minutes it's hard to have a decent RP and to enjoy the character and upgrade him.

I do not blame the players for creating more than 1-2 characters, I blame the UCP and the Master Account system. If a player sees that he is allowed by the system to make more than 1-2 characters, than why not make it? If from the beginning when the Master Account system was added (I don't have any clue when it was, I didn't catch it when I played here) there were restricted to only 2 characters, no one would of said anything. But now, after everybody got used with a maximum of 4 characters, it's hard to convince the players that reducing this number is actually something that the server will benefit from.

To finish with this, I support this idea (only 2 characters) for the simple reason that it will increase the activity on the main characters, it will increase the number of role play scenarios and also the factions will have a huge benefit because the players will be more dedicated to one or two factions.

On another note, increasing the number of vehicles a character can own doesn't have a big impact, but increasing the number of businesses you can own, does. I'm saying this because the vehicles are almost (I repeat, almost) unlimited, but the businesses are limited and increasing to 3 owned businesses per character will ruin the chances of the more 'poor' players to own one.

Sorry for the long text, but this is just my opinion about this topic. Cheers.

Limuz

Donator
Character limit back to 3, keep the vehicle limit on 3, and keep both house and bizzlimit on 2. Just as some said before, the richest will own all just for the money - not creating any RP.

Mr. Koool

Donator
Not supporting this. Maybe have no limits on the account but have the limit on the factions someone is allowed to join? If you do feel like putting a limit on the accounts is necessary then I support increasing vehicle slot by one but not the business.

Oldi

Platinum Member
3 Characters
2 house slots
4 vehicle slots
2 business slots
/endofstory
/q

Romdez

Donator
Bogdan said:
Back in the days if you had 2 different characters it was more than enough. Only a few people had 3 or more and they were not able to keep all of them active. But now, in just a few days browsing the forum and looking at peoples signatures I have noticed that many people have at least 3 characters if not even 4. I really don't get it. Unless you spend 24 hours per day playing on RCRP, it is IMPOSSIBLE to keep all 3 or 4 characters ACTIVE. And when I say active, I mean equally active (same amount of time played on each). For example if today you plan to play 2 hours on the server, that means you will have to play 30 minutes on each of your 4 characters. And in 30 minutes it's hard to have a decent RP and to enjoy the character and upgrade him.

I do not blame the players for creating more than 1-2 characters, I blame the UCP and the Master Account system. If a player sees that he is allowed by the system to make more than 1-2 characters, than why not make it? If from the beginning when the Master Account system was added (I don't have any clue when it was, I didn't catch it when I played here) there were restricted to only 2 characters, no one would of said anything. But now, after everybody got used with a maximum of 4 characters, it's hard to convince the players that reducing this number is actually something that the server will benefit from.

To finish with this, I support this idea (only 2 characters) for the simple reason that it will increase the activity on the main characters, it will increase the number of role play scenarios and also the factions will have a huge benefit because the players will be more dedicated to one or two factions.

On another note, increasing the number of vehicles a character can own doesn't have a big impact, but increasing the number of businesses you can own, does. I'm saying this because the vehicles are almost (I repeat, almost) unlimited, but the businesses are limited and increasing to 3 owned businesses per character will ruin the chances of the more 'poor' players to own one.

Sorry for the long text, but this is just my opinion about this topic. Cheers.

Oldi said:
3 Characters
2 house slots
4 vehicle slots
2 business slots
/endofstory
/q

Tiger

Donator
Just so this is seen this is gonna be bright and colorful.
There are many things the server need and limiting characters, in my opinion, is not something that should be on the high priority list.

Walt_Dunzo

Banned
After reading every single post on this topic, I have to agree with some, and disagree with others. As for the subject.. I disagree with the 2 characters.. It will drop total server player-base drastically. How? Lets say you have 4 characters - You play on one, get bored, go to another, get bored of that one, then go to the fourth.. What happens when you only have two? You play an hour on one, get bored go on the other one for an hour. If you quit your first one to go into the second one, you'll already know you're gonna get bored.. What else to do you ask? Join a DIFFERENT Server. Which is something we don't want.

I say the community, and admin/dev team work on bug fixes before wasting time with such a serious topic that isn't even necessarily needed at the moment, what is and we all know.. Is BUG FIXES, fix the bugs, and issues with the DB - That will bring at least 10+ players back to activity ea. day.. THEN start talking MA business.. MA's fine for now.

An extra vehicle slot - Yes, just because I like my donor vehicle, but I also like my other two vehicles.. When someone sells a vehicle.. I can't buy it simply because of my donor vehicle.. I payed real money for that graphically created vehicle.. I don't think it should even count for one of your vehicle slots.

Business set to 3, I have to disagree why? Because like a lot of others said.. The rich would buy them instantly.. I do believe factions should get a business once they've proven to the community, and admin team they earned it. Just so each faction can have an official business to have RP in/around.. Right now it's "Find a spot, stand there, sell drugs/weapons" for an illegal faction. As for a legal faction "Find a spot, stand there, make ads and drive around" You want more activity for factions? Allow this to happen, I guarantee you'll see at //LEAST// 25% MORE activity in that faction.

If you add more RP for each individual faction you'll have more activity in each one, it's simply nobody should have to draw a picture for you. Instead of focusing on /spectating someone, maybe focus on creating RP events, and other things for players/factions. It would help us ALL. I seen somebody say something about "Drugs for illegal factions" I have to agree.. It would create actual RP around Montgomery instead of just sitting around a corner, waiting for someone to walk up to you and say "Hey". Drugs limited to factions would create a full chain.. Factions sell for $50 or so over street price, to small-time dealers, the dealers then push that into the streets. RP for EVERYONE including FBI, SP, FD, and every single illegal faction.

I also seen someone say something about a Montgomery Garage - NO simple as it gets.. The very LAST thing we need is more mapping in/near Montgomery it causes so much FPS drop already.. I'm sorry.. It would be good if it was somewhere else, yes. As for Montgomery - NO. Sorry pal.

Somebody else said something about a Garage for 5 vehicles for each player with passwords - NO. I see PG written all over that. Selling PWs would be kinda cool, but it would be kinda stupid, seeing as some people enjoy walking around RPly searching trunks, a garage system would take that entire concept away, I think the SP should just make Montgomery Park a NO-PARKING zone. Just because some of the vehicles that are parked there are just too big, and usually parked by someone who hasn't parked ever, and in the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.