What's new

Potential Master Account Character Limitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doddsy

Retired Admin
Hello players of Red County Roleplay,

Upon recent discussions occurring in the administrative board we have decided to bring the idea of having a cap on the amount of characters you may have on your master account to you. Obviously these proposals have their positives and negatives however we'd like you to consider the information below when voicing your opinion about the potential limitations on this thread.

This topic has been discussed frequently ever since the master accounts were introduced to the server. However upon weighing up the options of reducing the amount of characters you may have it seems like a very logical thing to do in order to improve the activity and roleplay standards of our server. How? You may ask. Well the first thing which sprang to my mind was the activity of our current official factions. By having only two characters it forces a player to decide whether he/she would like to roleplay illegal on both or legal on both characters or simply split it down the middle. The likely hood is that you're going to choose whatever you're most passionate about when roleplaying e.g. I would like to be a police officer when I grow up therefore I'm going to have one of my characters in the SASP. That means that one, I'll be more active and two, I'll be more dedicated to that particular faction. This theory would also prevent players from holding positions in certain factions meaning that'll allow the leaders of factions to really see who is deserved of their places in the hierarchy and who isn't.

From an administrators prospective I see this as only a positive thing and more of a step forwards for the server. Because lets be honest around 5 percent of the community (maybe less) are equally active on all 4 of their characters. Your dedication would most probably increase to each faction you're roleplaying with on your two characters which means factions such as the Fire Department will see a raise in activity.

Another potential change to your characters permissions, feel free to suggest your own:
Doddsy said:
-Vehicle slots will be increased by 1 allowing players to have 4 vehicles now instead of the previous 3.
-Business slots will be increased by 1 allowing players to have 3 businesses instead of 2 previously.

These changes are in no way official and are merely suggestions as of now however the administration team would like to hear your opinions on these potential alterations to the master account system.

Manu

Retired Admin
I don't support this idea. I have 4 characters and play on all 4 of them. Limiting us to 2 characters would be a pain.
I also do nut support the 3 businesses idea for if this happens. I already have trouble finding a business because people can own 2 already. I understand a lot of these would be for sale with these changed but it still seems overkill for me.

Kaos

Retired Admin
Vehicle slots should be increased by 2 and also allowing players to own two houses. Then id support the idea of limiting it to 2 characters.

Giga

Donator
I think we should just return the old "3 accounts in one MA" rule, if the number of accounts were to be decreased. I never supported having four characters. Although it gave me a hard decision to create a fourth account (last month), I was surprised to see that I still managed to maintain my activity in four accounts.

Also, if the administrative team were to implement this rule, the Management Team should be willing to transfer the statistics of the fourth account to their remaining accounts. The level, experience points, weapon skills would be great.

Four vehicle slots would be good. But three business slots? No way. Several businesses remain out of stock for the past few weeks, and having three slots would just make it worse.

Of course these are my opinions..

Sandman

Donator
Ugh, I have mixed opinions, firstly this could lead to major inactivity in smaller official factions. For example my most active characters are Jake Phillips and Edward Black, but I love to use Greg Patterson on Elite Trucking when i'm bored, and it allows me to chill, but I am only semi-active on it.

Furthermore, I think maybe a limitation three characters, because i'd say the average person has the average of two active character and then they could have another character to switch around and join other factions and then decide whether it'd be worth joining or not.

I could talk all day I have so many opinions on this subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.