What's new

Potential Master Account Character Limitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Fabulous

Retired Admin
In my opinion, this is not the way to fix the problem with faction members being inactive, or in any way increase the quality of RP on the server. It only limits people and forces them into hard decisions as to what they should RP and what not to.
With the ability to have 4 different characters you leave more space and give more opportunities to people who come up with different and fresh ideas of RP. Say if I had two accounts only, one in the SASP and the other one in some street gang. I enjoyed and loved both of my characters but I came up with an idea to create some new type of RP, I wouldn't be able to do so because I'm limited to two characters only. The result of that is even less unique/interesting/fresh-new RP on the server, because in reality major part of the community wants to balance things, for example have one character on the legal and another one on the illegal side.
If I don't feel like playing on my SASP character, I might login on one of the other characters. If I don't have any characters, then I won't bother logging in at all.
The 4th character may be "overkill" but it's definitely useful. However if it's such a big issue that this system needs changing, I guess most people will be fine with 3 character slots at least.

Jboi

Head Administrator
2Fabulous said:
In my opinion, this is not the way to fix the problem with faction members being inactive, or in any way increase the quality of RP on the server. It only limits people and forces them into hard decisions as to what they should RP and what not to.
With the ability to have 4 different characters you leave more space and give more opportunities to people who come up with different and fresh ideas of RP. Say if I had two accounts only, one in the SASP and the other one in some street gang. I enjoyed and loved both of my characters but I came up with an idea to create some new type of RP, I wouldn't be able to do so because I'm limited to two characters only. The result of that is even less unique/interesting/fresh-new RP on the server, because in reality major part of the community wants to balance things, for example have one character on the legal and another one on the illegal side.
If I don't feel like playing on my SASP character, I might login on one of the other characters. If I don't have any characters, then I won't bother logging in at all.
The 4th character may be "overkill" but it's definitely useful. However if it's such a big issue that this system needs changing, I guess most people will be fine with 3 character slots at least.
EXACTLY If it ain't broke don't fix it. This "Too many characters" thing is a cop-out for the real problem of factions being inactive because they're boring/nothing to do, which is a problem for faction leaders to fix, not admins.

FishEagle

Donator
This is a VERY bad idea, because i like to try different kinds of Roleplay on different characters, i don't want to CK my SP account because i want to RP as an illegal person whilst still retaining a civilian life on another character without having to remove that character, because i still use it just as much as my other characters, this proposition demolishes every chance for unique and creative RP by forcing people to have two characters and stick to them, forcing them to pay 25-50K for a namechange just because they want to RP something else, while they might not even want to kill that character because they still use it.

FishEagle

Donator
Also: RCRP at this point in my opinion is like a jenga tower, if this limitation is accepted i feel as if it will be the piece that causes the tower to collapse

Karner

Banned
Jboi said:
2Fabulous said:
EXACTLY If it ain't broke don't fix it. This "Too many characters" thing is a cop-out for the real problem of factions being inactive because they're boring/nothing to do, which is a problem for faction leaders to fix, not admins.
It's for development and faction leaders to fix

SamC

Donator
No. Don't make anymore changes until the server is fixed. Honestly... There are plenty of problems right now, that will probably create more problems. I only play on two characters But I would like to keep four for more potential RP.

Pandovix

Donator
I think it makes sense to be able to keep four characters, but honestly being able to have all of those characters within an official faction is something which I can easily understand is an issue.

Some factions (no offence), are like secondary factions, then you have your main faction - factions like FD, ET, Axiom are normally secondary factions, whereas factions such as the FBI, PD, Aperture, are more mains. Therefore the factions that have all of the secondary characters are bound to be more inactive, and even more so if each one of their members has not only a main, but two other characters within factions too.

Having a faction cap would solve this issue completely in my opinion. Make it so people cannot join more than two factions unless permission from the faction leader has been given to say that they may join them on a third character (or something, I don't know, but hopefully y'all get the jist). :)

Knight.

Donator
In my opinion there should be a faction cap rather than character limitation. You should be able to only be in 2 factions. Limiting the characters to 2 would have worked if done from the beginning. Now you just ruin everything players has played for.

lars

dick advocate
Retired Admin
Tiger said:
Just so this is seen this is gonna be bright and colorful.
There are many things the server need and limiting characters, in my opinion, is not something that should be on the high priority list.
Thank you. This should be the end of story... and I like the color idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.