What's new

Potential Master Account Character Limitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeifBirger

Donator
There's honestly no need for this. "Improve activity?" Some people are active on all four characters, some aren't. Say you implement this:
-The players with four chars who are only active on one or two of them will still only be active on one or two of them.
-The players with four chars who are active on all four will be forced to delete two of them. Where do they put their items / donator lvls / assets?

And let's think about this. When do most people log onto an alt? They log onto an alt when they're a bit bored, or they want something a bit different. If they're unable to log onto an alt due to character limitations they might very well consider just going offline.

In conclusion: This will probably just limit rp and piss people off /nosupport

Gaber

Donator
Doddsy said:
-Vehicle slots will be increased by 1 allowing players to have 4 vehicles now instead of the previous 3.
-Business slots will be increased by 1 allowing players to have 3 businesses instead of 2 previously.
I support this, but I think we need to RP on 3 characters.

Brad

Donator
As someone that really only has two chars, one of which being never used, I feel I'm in no position to address the character limitation topic without bias. In regards to the vehicles however, I do like the idea of a 4th slot. OR to satiate the people complaining about too many cars: perhaps a password protected "garage" system that allows you to keep up to 5 or so cars on your own separate "storage unit" of sorts, where you can only have 2 or 3 out at a time. If you could search for a player's storage (like MDC interface) and enter a password, you can enter that storage unit even if they're offline. This would at least make vehicle/money transfers between characters easier.

My input, anyway.

Escaper

Silver Member
I am going to be completly honest with this, there are far more important things that both the Administration and the Development Team need to adress. The problem with people not being active in certain characthers is due to the simple fact that there is nothing to do in certain factions just like Karner stated. Before anything is done about this particular subject things need to change a lot both in terms of Ilegall and Legal Factions. When this is done and there is actually an incentive for people to be in certain factions, then yes, you can ask the community whether they want to keep the 4 or want to limit to maybe 3, but sorry 2 characthers is only is pretty stupid.

Brent

Donator
This has been suggested so many times and it has never been implemented, why suggest this for the millionth time? There are no valid arguments to support this.

Foster

Retired Admin
This is one of he most ill-thought-out ideas I've heard in a long time! There are so many issues that will arise if you just go head and delete someone's character. Just because you don't use all four of your characters doesnt mean that no-one else uses them nor does it give you the right to limit their experience on the server. There are numerous economical problems that this will induce, have you thought about what will happen to the levels, play time, cars, houses, money, donator levels and benifits, factions with characters in them... In fact limiting characters to two is legitmately the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Three isn't that stupid but two really is. Many people won't be happy either way, I know I wouldn't be if I've just had £30 of my money deleted.
I enjoy logging onto my fourth character, it provides me with the ability to roleplay something completely different! Don't take that away from me.

Written on my phone, I will provide a more structured argument when I get on a computer.

Prince

Retired Admin
Mark Cambridge said:
richingo said:
In the case of donator lvl 4s being lost, I'd say either pay the cash back or credit them 1 mil per account 3's get 750k 2's get 500k and 1's get 250k.

The economy is fucked as it is.
It isn't.

But like I said earlier, limit them to 3 characters if the admin team does decide to do this.

Jamie™

Banned
Prince said:
Mark Cambridge said:
richingo said:
In the case of donator lvl 4s being lost, I'd say either pay the cash back or credit them 1 mil per account 3's get 750k 2's get 500k and 1's get 250k.

The economy is fucked as it is.
It isn't.

But like I said earlier, limit them to 3 characters if the admin team does decide to do this.

Shouldn't be admin team that decide, affects the community more than them.

I use all 4 of my characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.