What's new

Potential Master Account Character Limitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Andre

Retired Admin
KevinK said:
people can say that they are playing on four accounts, but are they active on it? (Playing on it for ten minutes is not active at all.)

This might also help a few factions out, yeah.
I wouldn't mind 3 characters, its just a slap in the face when people are actually roleplaying on all four accounts. I try to divide my time equally on all four and I manage to do so. I have an account in SASP. When a lot of cops are online, I tend to get on an account thats different from SASP as they already have a lot of officers online. When the US player base kicks in and not a lot of cops (Although recently US timezone cops have raised due to recruitment) I get online for SASP. Its just a balance between all four accounts really.

However, limiting to 3 characters can both help and hurt factions. If people are roleplaying on all four accounts they have to choose a faction to leave. This hurts them as they lose a member due to an OOC rule that might take place in the future. On the contrary, it can help another faction gain activity from that member that left another faction. Its a 50/50.

If faction activity is an issue to a faction, maybe they [the leaders] should focus more on the faction itself and promote themselfs IG, on forums, etc to get people interested in joining their faction. Make it unique and fun. Promote higher pays, benefits etc. This can work both in illegal and legal factions.

Side note to above statement: Illegal factions can RP so much better if they were the only ones with the drugs. Sort of like the weapons dealer job. Restrict the drug dealer job to gangs only. Drugs are a big part of a gangs income, and right now there is no demand for drugs because everyone can just buy it from some shady guy at blueberry.

If this was a necessity, maybe instead of saying "We will give you extra car slots and bizz slots." we could possibly get a better dev team (not calling anyone out.) or more members in the dev team to smooth out bugs/crashes faster, and implement frequent updates.

:cowboy:

richingo

Bronze Member
In the case of donator lvl 4s being lost, I'd say either pay the cash back or credit them 1 mil per account 3's get 750k 2's get 500k and 1's get 250k.

Kenth

Platinum Member
I don't know what everyone else thinks but I'm going to speak on my behalf, I believe that taking such a step forward will jeopardize the player-base because to be honest when people log onto RCRP they perform specific RP on a specific character and then they got bored from RPing with that specific character and being part of a specific faction or an IC relationship so they just log off and log on another account with other RP opportunities to provide. Main reason why people are leaving the server or well from my point of view is because they reach a limit where they get bored of doing things over and over and just limiting your characters to 2 would just fuck everything up by forcing people who log on RCRP on a daily bases to limit their RP experience to two accounts and not join more than two factions because they're only allowed two characters max. I don't know but maybe limiting your characters to two is a positive aspect if you're one of those guys that is interested in only two factions and you are no longer interested in other factions or you're one of those people who is satisfied with RPing with what he/she has got.

Quick questions I've got regarding this, Have you thought about the other character's levels where would they go? Have you thought about where houses would go if you have 4 houses on four different accounts which you would like to keep because you have paid for them so removing them is like removing a privilege that you have already paid for and selling them is more like forcing someone to sell his property when he actually would love to have it. What about the donator levels? Let's say someone has 3 different donators levels on different characters. Where are they going to go? Let's not forget that people paid real money for those privileges and alot of people would be really angry to lose those. Another question would be what would happen to weapon skills, fighting styles that people pay for, time played that people compete each other against to see who is more dedicated oh and let's not forget the licenses that people paid money for to have.

I honestly disagree with this because it is uncalled for. People should have the ability to choose which faction they wish to join without being limited due to a suspicion that it could rise players activity however I just see it as a method to make player activity much shallower because in the end you'll just end up with people losing interest because they wish to be part of more than one/two factions. I believe that 4 characters is ideal. If you believe that people are just going inactive why not ask their HC to take actions unless those HC are inactive which would require replacing.

Conclusion: 4 accounts is ideal in my opinion because it allows people to RP in various different fields and yes not everyone's needs are the same. It's just sad that people will have to choose between factions, places, positions, IC connections, IC relationships, IC ways of making cash or whatever it is. If a faction finds that a player is inactive then go ahead and fire them I'm sure that there are money more to replace them.
Anyways sorry I kind of rushed this out and I've just wrote the things that are on top of my head.
Cheers,
Kenth.

Joe

Retired Admin
Noo I'm in a faction on all of my characters and I balance my play time as much as I can, as for it improving the RP standard, well, surely the RP quality should be high anyway there's no need to restrict characters, if peoples RP standard isn't up to scratch they should be punished.

I wouldn't be able to choose 2 out of my 4 characters as I enjoy the different RP each character gives.

Tiger

Donator
Joe said:
Noo I'm in a faction on all of my characters and I balance my play time as much as I can, as for it improving the RP standard, well, surely the RP quality should be high anyway there's no need to restrict characters, if peoples RP standard isn't up to scratch they should be punished.

I wouldn't be able to choose 2 out of my 4 characters as I enjoy the different RP each character gives.

Mueller

Retired Admin
No thanks. In my honest opinion these are terrible ideas. I could understand three characters but that's me, cutting it to three or two is just saying "don't like it, 2bad" to those who roleplay on all four characters.

And plus take this into account, what if I have four accounts, three of them are legal and one is illegal.
You cut them down to three, okay so who is going to refund the amount of illegal products that my illegal character has? Am I going to transfer them to my legal characters and ruin my roleplay, my immersion and possibly get arrested for OOC decisions?

Just no.

Trapp

Donator
2 accounts would be perfect for this server as the playerbase isn't that high. Dedicate your time, people. Allow level 4 donators to have an extra slot and there we go!

Tiger

Donator
I agree with Mueller. Restricting us to 2 characters is another way of saying "you want a wider variety of RP? lolno". I am active on all 3 of my characters, all three are in factions which I dedicate effort into. The fourth one is still open for RP that I am seeking as there's too many factions I have interest in. Please don't make a grave error by restricting.

Brent

Donator
Limit our RP more please.

There's no reason at all change the limit of Characters and if people don't play on 2 of the 4 account they have but they're still in a faction their Faction Leader is to dumb to realize how to fire him.

Status
Not open for further replies.