What's new

Multiple changes within the RC:RP rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizarre

Silver Member
Unrealistic driving - We find it highly unrealistic to disregard road laws for completely no reason. If you're found driving recklessly for no IC reason - you might be questioned and punished. This includes, but is not limited to: cutting corners, running red lights, driving on pavements, going way above the speed limit or doing burnouts.

This is IC I don't see how It's against the rules to do any of this.

Karner

Banned
Bizarre said:
Unrealistic driving - We find it highly unrealistic to disregard road laws for completely no reason. If you're found driving recklessly for no IC reason - you might be questioned and punished. This includes, but is not limited to: cutting corners, running red lights, driving on pavements, going way above the speed limit or doing burnouts.

Because like all things, people have abused the shit out of the perogative of "It's not against the rules to act like a retard ICly"

JayChris

Donator
Bauer said:
JayChris said:
Bauer said:
JayChris said:
force a game crash to avoid a roleplay situation
turn off your router (or disconnect from the internet in any way) to avoid a roleplay situation
I kinda find that rule problematic, because there are people who have routers that sometimes shut down for longer than 5 minutes up to several hours. Bit hard to prove that your router didn't work for a long time. I mean, you can't expect someone to get out their phone inrl and take pictures of their router from time to time.

Read the rest of the rule. :thumbup:
I did read it. It says:

If you're found to be saying the truth - your ban will be removed and you'll have to continue the roleplay scenario from the moment you left the game.
In what way will administrators be able to prove that a player has been telling the truth and how can a player proove his innocence? It isn't specified within the rule, so I wanted an elaboration.

First off all, when a player loses connection, we get a notification about that. If you leave any other way, it shows a different message. So basically, IF it ever happens someone is losing connection during RP while he is actually required to be there, AND fails to log back in within 5 minutes, he will be banned. He then can come to any admin saying his internet failed and without too much hassle he will be unbanned. Maybe a screen could be taken of your internet connection when it was offline to show. But in general, it almost never happens a player can't connect back within 5 minutes and did not intentionally quit or force crashed the server. So if there's actually someone out there with a legit reason his connection failed, I don't see why the admin team would create such a hassle about it. At least I never did. I've unbanned people once before after they came to me and told me their connection failed.

The only reason why the rule is there is to punish those who force themselves out of an RP situation, not people who lost connection by accident.
Okay, thanks for clearing that up! :)

LeGGGeNNdA

Diamond Member
Bizarre said:

I've been ranting about that type of shit since forever, just because it's IC doesn't mean everyone acts like retards. If you want a medium-heavy RP server, you definitely want to make people start acting like people.

MetalMercenery

Bronze Member
LeGGGeNNdA said:
Bizarre said:

I've been ranting about that type of shit since forever, just because it's IC doesn't mean everyone acts like retards. If you want a medium-heavy RP server, you definitely want to make people start acting like people.

Agreed. :thumbup:

Bauer

Retired Admin
Karner said:
Bizarre said:

Because like all things, people have abused the shit out of the perogative of "It's not against the rules to act like a retard ICly"

I think most of these rule changes had to be made only because people would intentionally find gray areas and loopholes and abuse them to their advantage. People complain about the length of the rules in the background, but the only reason they're this long is because others like to complain on administrators when they get confronted when abusing systems that "were not in the rules so I can't be punished". It's quite saddening in my own opinion, to be honest.

Like Jeff Daniels once said:
But that’s not how society works. We have to play to the 1% that are such idiots they ruin it for the rest of us. We have to walk as slow as our slowest person to keep society moving

Justin

Donator
Karner said:
Bizarre said:

As long as it's possible for one to re-enact whatever one does IG, IRL, what a player chooses to do should be left at his/her discretion. Yes, it may make him/her a somewhat trashy RPer if it's something a objectively over the top, but not an illegitimate RPer(i.e One that is in breach of the rules).

Rosalie

Donator
Earl said:
This includes taking out a gun or reaching for it while held at gunpoint by police officers / other players
I have a question about this. Does this rule apply in the situation where it's only one other player and you're armed yourself? Say you're able to weasel through the situation, wouldn't you want to take advantage of the fact that you have a weapon yourself (especially in cases of self defense as well) and use it, KNOWING that you have a chance of walking out alive? Is it a temporary ban and CK (if you were to fail, which, hopefully you do not) for trying to save your own skin?

Status
Not open for further replies.