What's new

Multiple changes within the RC:RP rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawson

Donator
B!shop said:
Austin Rawson said:
really like the driving rules. sick of all the Brian O'Connors in the game, act like some driving God, running 2 reds drifting at 40 around a corner in their Clover in central fucking Montgomery.
Okay, mate. Noted. :cop:[/quote]
my god i wasnt shading your faction why do you think i'm so bad :lol:

B!shop

Retired Admin
Austin Rawson said:
B!shop said:
Austin Rawson said:
really like the driving rules. sick of all the Brian O'Connors in the game, act like some driving God, running 2 reds drifting at 40 around a corner in their Clover in central fucking Montgomery.
Okay, mate. Noted. :cop:
my god i wasnt shading your faction why do you think i'm so bad :lol:[/quote]
i know, why did you assume it was shading our faction? :lol: :lol:

Rawson

Donator
B!shop said:
Austin Rawson said:
B!shop said:
Austin Rawson said:
i know, why did you assume it was shading our faction? :lol: :lol:[/quote]
i don't know, because i made dumb comments on it ages ago? lmao

i actually love your faction, don't listen to shit I say. streetracing done right :)

B!shop

Retired Admin
Austin Rawson said:
B!shop said:
Austin Rawson said:
B!shop said:
Austin Rawson said:
i know, why did you assume it was shading our faction? :lol: :lol:
i don't know, because i made dumb comments on it ages ago? lmao

i actually love your faction, don't listen to shit I say. streetracing done right :)[/quote]
bruuuh <3

Lee

Platinum Member
Earl said:
If you're found driving recklessly for no IC reason - you might be questioned and punished.

"You might be punished?" If they're found breaking the rules, surely they will be punished. This rules doesn't sound as authoritative as it should. Apart from that, appreciate the updates from the admin team.

Another thing,

You might also be punished if you're found to be assisting someone in breaking the rules. This could be anything from sharing a bug with them to sharing your account to let them abuse your's faction commands.

I feel this in itself should be a rule, and not a sub below the ban evading rule.

Earl

Head of Maps
Mapper
Yung Lee said:
Earl said:
If you're found driving recklessly for no IC reason - you might be questioned and punished.

"You might be punished?" If they're found breaking the rules, surely they will be punished. This rules doesn't sound as authoritative as it should. Apart from that, appreciate the updates from the admin team.
I wrote it that way on purpose, because unrealistic driving might not warrant a punishment in every case. It can be more severe or less severe, the player might have a reason that is not found to be good enough, they can be apologetic or moan about it, etc etc. Basically - there's a chance that the confrontation with an admin will not end up with a punishment.

Yung Lee said:
Another thing,

You might also be punished if you're found to be assisting someone in breaking the rules. This could be anything from sharing a bug with them to sharing your account to let them abuse your's faction commands.

I feel this in itself should be a rule, and not a sub below the ban evading rule.
The rules as they are right now are kind of messy, I agree. However, their strength is the same no matter if they're written as one of the main rules or under one of them. Reorganising the rules thread to place every rule where it belongs is something that I'm hoping to get done in the future.

Lee

Platinum Member
Earl said:
Yung Lee said:
Earl said:

I wrote it that way on purpose, because unrealistic driving might not warrant a punishment in every case. It can be more severe or less severe, the player might have a reason that is not found to be good enough, they can be apologetic or moan about it, etc etc. Basically - there's a chance that the confrontation with an admin will not end up with a punishment.

Yung Lee said:
Another thing,

The rules as they are right now are kind of messy, I agree. However, their strength is the same no matter if they're written as one of the main rules or under one of them. Reorganising the rules thread to place every rule where it belongs is something that I'm hoping to get done in the future.

Thanks for clearing it up. My personal opinion however, the rules should be authoritative and written in a declarative manner, but the admin taking charge of the situation should be able decide not to/give punishments on the severity of the case. That way people won't think they have a chance of getting away with it.

BiggieDogg

Places that fall under this rule:
Police Departments (Dillimore, Montgomery, Fort Carson, El Quebrados)
Townhalls (Palomino Creek, Fort Carson, Angel Pine)
Station 49 (SACFD headquarters)
Hospitals (Montgomery, Fort Carson, El Quebrados)
Aperture base
I don't understand why AP Base is here, if we get near it we get killed so there is no possible way to commit a crime there xD

Bauer

Retired Admin
Re: RE: Re: Multiple changes within the RC:RP rules

BiggieDogg said:
Places that fall under this rule:
Police Departments (Dillimore, Montgomery, Fort Carson, El Quebrados)
Townhalls (Palomino Creek, Fort Carson, Angel Pine)
Station 49 (SACFD headquarters)
Hospitals (Montgomery, Fort Carson, El Quebrados)
Aperture base
I don't understand why AP Base is here, if we get near it we get killed so there is no possible way to commit a crime there xD
I guess this is true to some extend. Sometimes there won't be anyone online, so it would be stupid if players were to rob someone near the base or something. But on the other hand Aperture is perfectly capable of handling this themselves.

The only reason Aperture is in this rule is because of the old aper-sp wars from back in the days. Personally I wouldn't mind to see Aperture base removed from this list. I don't know how Jboi feels about this though.

Status
Not open for further replies.