What's new

Multiple changes within the RC:RP rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitten™

Silver Member
Committing suicide to avoid Roleplay/arrest with Non-RP actions and clear intentions of getting out of a situation will result in a temporary ban AND a CK. This includes taking out a gun or reaching for it while held at gunpoint by police officers / other players.

does this apply to cops too

Earl

Head of Maps
Mapper
As I've already explained to Paxie, the rule you guys mentioned applies mainly when a player is surrounded by multiple people who have their guns drawn and aimed at them. Two examples:

1. Player A is fleeing from the cops in a vehicle. During the chase the vehicle gets disabled and the player steps out of their car, four police officers surround him and aim their guns at him.
2. Player A is a gang member, minding their owns business in the middle of Rumbley Block. Suddenly three members of another gang show up and aim their guns at him, trying to force him into a trunk by holding him at gunpoint.

In both situations Player A would not be allowed to pull out their gun (if they have one at the time), because even if they would somehow manage to shoot one of the cops/etc - they would still die. That's what the rule is about - situations when you have no chance to win the gunfight yet you still decide to start one.

Another thing that started happening commonly these days was criminals roleplaying "reaching for something" while surrounded by cops, just to trigger their procedures and get themselves killed to avoid jailtime. Those players often didn't even have a weapon on them, making the whole death completely non-RP. That's also what the rule forbids.

I hope I managed to clear it up for you!

LeGGGeNNdA

Diamond Member
Kitten™ said:
Committing suicide to avoid Roleplay/arrest with Non-RP actions and clear intentions of getting out of a situation will result in a temporary ban AND a CK. This includes taking out a gun or reaching for it while held at gunpoint by police officers / other players.

I'm interested in knowing this' questions answer too. Does it apply to everyone?

Karner

Banned
I would imagine so, yes. Though, most cops would realistically be able to take down two gunmen on their own.
Got to also remember they should get slightly more leeway due to their protective gear.

Edit: I dont mean less punishment or an advantage over the rule, but more so in the situation.

Earl

Head of Maps
Mapper
LeGGGeNNdA said:
Kitten™ said:
I'm interested in knowing this' questions answer too. Does it apply to everyone?
Yes, the rule applies to everyone.

Queen

Bronze Member
I love this, especially rule 3. I suggest you add "drawing a weapon when at gunpoint" to the example section though.

Cake Friend

Bronze Member
Lots of positive, common sense changes here. I don't see anything that I think would create issues.

funkydoc69

Silver Member
Great job. As I've heard people discussing techniques like ramming a person with a gun visibly holstered to steal it from them or pulling out a fake gun when you're pulled over by an officer and they have a reason to arrest you (so you could avoid criminal record by PK), these were definitely needed. However, many complaints to be written.

RAZR

Donator
Nice. Can we have a rule against "/b skip"-ers, "/b void"-ers, Persons who think you shouldn't write a long-ass /me or /do if you type slower than average?

B!shop

Retired Admin
Austin Rawson said:
really like the driving rules. sick of all the Brian O'Connors in the game, act like some driving God, running 2 reds drifting at 40 around a corner in their Clover in central fucking Montgomery.
Okay, mate. Noted. :cop:

Status
Not open for further replies.