Everyone read!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karner

Banned
Jazz said:
Karner said:
There are two massive problems.

Admin score has ruined the point of being an admin, before they were assessed on their personality and we had people like Brian Donnelley, Phil, Cruzito, Cook, Jetty, Lee etc., compare them to todays admins and there is a big difference and anyone who is a relative old timer will agree.

Assistance points / admin score is given per minute of admin duty and per assist, this means that admins are in a sense getting score to sit on admin duty whether they assist people or not, meaning that just because they're on a little bit more than another admin they will get more score despite the other admin doing 30 assists in 10 minutes.

Actually, that's not even true. Have you ever been sitting in a head administrator meeting? Can you really prove, 100% that we promote admins by stats only? No.

This is what I always used to say: We can build an admin by training, but we can't build the personality and character. That's why we first look for the right people with the right character and personality before we look for the stats.

I almost ignore the admin stats when it comes to promotions. Promoting moderators to admins is something else again, we have to look for the stats but we also make sure we don't promote an a**hole, which is easy to prevent because such people shouldn't be on the team in the first place. And there you go, down to 1 massive problem.

And when I say "you need to support and help", I'm just talking about doing your own duties and RPing properly without messing up even more leaving a chaos behind which we as the admin team need to clean up, which makes us busy and the lack of time will drive other things down the drain. If everyone thinks before acting and obeys the rules, by god, our workload would reduce by 50%.

I don't care about admin promotions and demotions, I care about the lack of admin attention to non-scoring things.

Adelin

iPaco said:
Adelin said:
Karner's point of view is right...
Let's give the Administrators a try, shall we?
Well, I didn't say we shouldn't. I just agree with his point of view... well, not only agree, it's like my point of view too. Anyway, I didn't have problems/argues with any of the administrators and I hope I won't have. I even made some friends within them and just found out that they are great people to talk with and always up to help us!

Rycka

Banned
I hope something works out, but first of all our community needs to change, give chances to others who are working hard to create some roleplay, stop hating others and support them. Whenever I look at complaints, it's all about DM, you can barely see any roleplay going on.

Everyone would love if server had weekly/monthly changes, and Alec doesn't have to do it all, there are many people out there who would love to map/script for server's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.