What's new

A Potential Change In Master Accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarokee

Donator
Please no. I only use 2 characters at the moment, but I have my other two in reserve in case I decide to start RPing with them again. The issues bring up can be solved by faction leaders firing inactive people, and having more strict bizz/ house wipes. If someone only wants to have 2 characters, they can just create 2 accounts. I don't use all 4 of mine at once, but I feel like I should still be allowed to have these other 2 in reserve for when I need them, seeing as I have put a lot of time I to those characters.

GageB

Donator
I don't really think that there is a need for 4 accounts, as other people have said, they wanna be in the FD, Axiom and DoC AND a gang? It's a little excessive and ridiculous, it'll cut down on the amount of shit spread out over things, I don't really think it's needed to have four accounts, I've made it by with two, one legal, one illegal. Since I never have time to log on me illegal I just use my legal account, simple as.. you just don't NEED four, if you wanna try a faction out then quit one of the factions that you don't need to be in, quite simple.. >.>

vito

Donator
Two is enough for me, but I understand where other users are coming from, as some are in 4 different gangs/factions across all of their accounts, and it would be a shame for them to lose that.

Duff

Donator
I thought there were only 3 characters per MA? Well fuck me. I think it is a good idea, that said I have three characters and I'm not active on any of them!

hue

Robin

Retired Admin
vito said:
Two is enough for me, but I understand where other users are coming from, as some are in 4 different gangs/factions across all of their accounts, and it would be a shame for them to lose that.
Exactly my thoughts. People who have just 2 active characters anyway won't care. People who have dedicated 2+ years to certain factions will now have to give up on them, so those people will say no.

LaForge

Donator
Robin said:
vito said:
Exactly my thoughts. People who have just 2 active characters anyway won't care. People who have dedicated 2+ years to certain factions will now have to give up on them, so those people will say no.

Well I like the idea of 2 accounts, but I don't like the idea that I lose every single bizz/house/vehicles on my other accounts if you could refund those I'll be okay I think?
my point is, i'm in 1 faction that I like so I don't need to choose so yeah..

Rifle

Donator
What about instead of two accounts, we could have three? There are people active on three factions on their three accounts... I just think that only two accounts aren't enough. :?

TommyB

Owner
Bear said:
If people aren't active on alt faction accounts then I think the faction should kick them out. I would rather keep my 4 characters (as I use 3/4 of them, one I'm still thinking of) then use two.
It doesn't help if a lot of the server is doing this. I doubt faction leaders wish to kick out the majority of their members.

Oxley said:
No. In my opinion we should have MORE characters to a master account, It wouldn't help activity on peoples characters but thats nothing to do with other characters they have, that's their choice to log onto an account or if they don't.
lol

Robin said:
Most of what I was going to say has been summed up above. Some people are active enough to balance between all 3/4 factions, some aren't. The ones who aren't capable of doing so will most likely be fired by the leaders of the faction, as it's their responsibility. I wouldn't want to give up on half the factions I'm in right now. If I can't be active enough, I'll either be fired or resign - I wouldn't like to be forced to quit.
It's not like you're active on them anyways! hue

iFalcon said:
I am not sure that this is a good idea, because you are limiting people to join factions and try them
Let's see this scenario over here

If a character is in FD and is a Rank 5, active and another character in Axiom, a rank 3, active

But he wants to try Ancelotti Family and also DoC. I'd assume they won't just give up FD and Axiom just to "try" Ancelotti and DoC.
Well that's atleast my opinion.
Well that's too bad for them then? If they want to venture out into other factions but don't want to leave their current factions then that's their own problem. The funny thing is, I bet if the character limit was six right now and I wanted to reduce it to four, I'd get the exact same example right there. (except with more factions, obviously)

Delerious said:
To be honest no, people will just ditch their inactive accounts and will never come on them anymore. That way factions will lose a lot of members who log in from time to time this way the inactivity in some factions will drop even more. I'm only in 2 factions, and I don't use my other 2 accounts but I know people who have 4 accounts and play on all of them.
If the faction only has members that log in every once and a while then it's not even worthy of an official spot in the first place. If someone really wants to be in that faction and has to choose between it and another faction, they'll pick that faction and be more active on that character.

Lindo said:
Well, I have three accounts, and Im active on two accs, I support this if you do something for their donator status.
I'd probably give people $100,000 per £ donated for that specific donator level to compensate for the loss.

KoMaR said:
Wouldn't it be better to just make a general rule for all offical factions regarding inactivity?
What do you suggest then, good sir?

carier said:
Those who don't want to have more than 2 characters just won't create more than 2 characters. If the characters per MA were limited, not only that *repeats content from the quotes*, but also the variety of roleplay will turn down. I see everyone running around robbing taxis (simply because they prefer to earn money the "easy" way, aka. illegally), people being too limited... Only the thought of the change gives me claustrophobic feelings. It would be a disaster. :no:
I don't see how a limit of characters would make players rob people more. Can you elaborate on that?

Kellerman said:
This will be hard to do due to levels people have attained on there accounts and so they will wish for XP to be transferred or something so it will be a hell of a lot of work for you guys - I still like the idea though.
I'd probably give people time to sell their houses and businesses on those characters before they were wiped. I'd also set it up so there's a page on the MA panel where a player can choose what account they wish to transfer to one of their characters they wish to keep the most, so the only thing people would potentially be losing is houses and businesses, but they'd be able to keep the ones they really want.

Cacer said:
Wipe them from the users that only log in two or three times a month for one minute to keep their shit.
On the other side, people will also lose vehicles and money, prices will go up and the economy isn't ready for that yet. I also agree with what Komar said, aslong as we could keep the stuff or get some refund, it's okay.
In the future I plan to adjust vehicles prices to a more realistic standpoint. That being said, I also intend on making it more beneficial for people to roleplay legally. At least more beneficial than it is now. If these changes happened simultaneously with the character limit, I don't think the effect on the economy would be too bad.

Gibbs. said:
Id go for two, but if you are going to do that you need to be able to have access to more roleplay on one character IMO, Like, factions etc.
Elaborate please.

Jarokee said:
Please no. I only use 2 characters at the moment, but I have my other two in reserve in case I decide to start RPing with them again. The issues bring up can be solved by faction leaders firing inactive people, and having more strict bizz/ house wipes. If someone only wants to have 2 characters, they can just create 2 accounts. I don't use all 4 of mine at once, but I feel like I should still be allowed to have these other 2 in reserve for when I need them, seeing as I have put a lot of time I to those characters.
The thing is, if faction leaders are inactive because their faction members don't come online, how does firing them solve the problem? If people had to pick which factions they wanted to dedicate their time to, they'd probably be more active on those characters. If those characters are active on a regular basis, that will give the faction leader reasons to come ingame and roleplay with their members. If the faction leader is the inactive one in this scenario then they can be replaced with someone else.

PuDzeh said:
good reason

Rifle said:
What about instead of two accounts, we could have three? There are people active on three factions on their three accounts... I just think that only two accounts aren't enough. :?
I'm either going to change it to 2 or leave it at 4, nothing inbetween.

Status
Not open for further replies.