What's new

Winter Roleplay 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeroen

Donator
Earl said:
You're still missing the point though. This punishment is there to stop people from abusing plows, not to punish them for the abuse. It is meant to be too harsh because of that.
I still think that the punishment is out of proportions.
I think that a punishment of 2 months is sufficient as the player will miss the rest of xmas + and extra month, and likely all their assets will be on the market again.

Alexi said:
Why can't you live with that.. Just don't fuck around with the plows. If you are stupid enough to do so after all the warnings, you deserve the ban.
As I have said before, I do think that there should be a punishment in place to deter abusing it, but it is my opinion that the punishment is out of proportion and that we should agree on disagreeing whether a permaban is excessive or not.

Earl

Head of Maps
Mapper
Oh my god. It is meant to be excessive, for the sole reason that I really don't want to be giving it out! I don't want anyone punished for this, that's why the punishment is as high as possible. I don't want anyone to even consider doing that. And I know that people do consider breaking rules in such fashion, as I've already had two situations in the past in which the players decided to do something disallowed because "it was worth it", despite the punishment.
I understand that you think the punishment is too harsh, and I even agree with it - but it serves a different purpose than all the other punishments we have. Like I said in my first response - prevention is better than penalty.

Karner

Banned
Right, for fucks sake.

Punishments are NOT meant to be used to be fair. Punishments, by fucking definition are to be EXCESSIVE so that they can PREVENT the reason for the punishment, not just as a reprimand for breaking rules.

PREVENTION takes precedence over actually punishing them. Is it really that hard to comprehend? Who cares what people get banned for more harshly or less harshly. The simple fact of the matter is; if you do this, you will be perm banned. No ifs, no buts just dont fucking do it and you'll be fine.

Jeroen

Donator
I'm against people who abuse the snowplow as well.
I'm just saying that I get a War on Drugs kind of feeling where you'd get less for murder than 5 grams of weed. You actually have a chance to get less for DM than for snowplowing.
That that as you want and do whatever you want, I'd just handle this kind of abuse differently.

Earl

Head of Maps
Mapper
I never denied that though - if we didn't disagree, then we wouldn't be discussing this in the first place. ;) I was simply explaining my point of view as you didn't seem to understand it fully.

But yes, I do agree that the discussion should stop. /end :oldtimer:

Benson.

Donator
Cought some screens and decided to share 'em :luvrcrp:

VOFxu23.png

4xmYSBz.png

cmPLTap.png

hGIocHn.png

vfxT6rE.png

481OtSv.png

bbnTw5K.png

bQt7lYv.png