What's new

Winter Roleplay 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeroen

Donator
TommyB said:
ryan said:
If I personally find anybody abusing /snowplow in Elite Trucking they'll find themselves fired, blacklisted and a complaint to administrators being passed on.

Only warning!
don't forget perm banned
I wonder, what is the reason for the permaban? People have gotten tempbanned for way worse.

Earl

Head of Maps
Mapper
Jeroen said:
TommyB said:
ryan said:
If I personally find anybody abusing /snowplow in Elite Trucking they'll find themselves fired, blacklisted and a complaint to administrators being passed on.

Only warning!
don't forget perm banned
I wonder, what is the reason for the permaban? People have gotten tempbanned for way worse.
Want me to be honest? I just want you* not to do it. Is there a better motivation for you not to abuse a script than the thought of getting perm banned for it?
If the punishment was lower, there's a chance that people would be like "oh, this is so much fun, I don't mind getting banned for 3 days" - and that's not what we want to achieve. Prevention is better than penalty.

*You as in general, not you personally.

Jeroen

Donator
Earl said:
Jeroen said:
TommyB said:
ryan said:

Only warning!
don't forget perm banned
Want me to be honest? I just want you* not to do it. Is there a better motivation for you not to abuse a script than the thought of getting perm banned for it?
If the punishment was lower, there's a chance that people would be like "oh, this is so much fun, I don't mind getting banned for 3 days" - and that's not what we want to achieve. Prevention is better than penalty.

I know that abusing it should be discouraged, but the definition of the abuse that will be permabanned if doing it is broad, and I think that a permaban for this should only be in place if the person in question has a long Admin Record.

Abuse as it is currently described could be ranging from racing through Monty (with plough) and ramming everything you see, but also ramming a vehicle off the road/flipping by accident.

As I think that the current definition of abusing this feature is very broad, I think that there should be a ban on it of 2 months, to make sure that the person misses the rest of Christmas on RCRP plus an extra month.

Earl

Head of Maps
Mapper
Jeroen said:
Earl said:
Jeroen said:
TommyB said:
ryan said:

Only warning!
don't forget perm banned

I know that abusing it should be discouraged, but the definition of the abuse that will be permabanned if doing it is broad, and I think that a permaban for this should only be in place if the person in question has a long Admin Record.

Abuse as it is currently described could be ranging from racing through Monty (with plough) and ramming everything you see, but also ramming a vehicle off the road/flipping by accident.

As I think that the current definition of abusing this feature is very broad, I think that there should be a ban on it of 2 months, to make sure that the person misses the rest of Christmas on RCRP plus an extra month.
To me the "abuse" here is pretty clear. If your intention was to use the plow in a way that you're not supposed to, then that will get you banned.
Eg:
- You lag out and accidentally slam someone off the road. - You don't get banned, an admin fixes the car of the person you slammed and that's all there is to it
- You're bored and you decide to mess around by pushing random cars away. - You get banned, as you're using the plow with a malicious intention.
- You swerve out of your lane while typing and hit a car going the other way, launching him into the air. - Same as in the first situation - you didn't mean to do that, so no punishment is given.
- You get annoyed by a person ICly, and you decide to push them around with the plow, giving them basically no chance to react. - This is abusing the fact that the plow allows you to push a car of any weight just as if it weighed nothing, and will result in a ban.

So yeah, it's not really as harsh as you think it is, besides - everyone knows that I'm like the most lenient admin out there. But still - I don't want to see anyone abusing the plow, and I'm a nice person until I stop being a nice person! And I stop being a nice person when people abuse snow plows. :p

Jeroen

Donator
Earl said:
Jeroen said:
Earl said:
Jeroen said:
TommyB said:
don't forget perm banned

To me the "abuse" here is pretty clear. If your intention was to use the plow in a way that you're not supposed to, then that will get you banned.
Eg:
- You lag out and accidentally slam someone off the road. - You don't get banned, an admin fixes the car of the person you slammed and that's all there is to it
- You're bored and you decide to mess around by pushing random cars away. - You get banned, as you're using the plow with a malicious intention.
- You swerve out of your lane while typing and hit a car going the other way, launching him into the air. - Same as in the first situation - you didn't mean to do that, so no punishment is given.
- You get annoyed by a person ICly, and you decide to push them around with the plow, giving them basically no chance to react. - This is abusing the fact that the plow allows you to push a car of any weight just as if it weighed nothing, and will result in a ban.

So yeah, it's not really as harsh as you think it is, besides - everyone knows that I'm like the most lenient admin out there. But still - I don't want to see anyone abusing the plow, and I'm a nice person until I stop being a nice person! And I stop being a nice person when people abuse snow plows. :p
I think that is fair, but I think that we should agree on disagreeing on the punishment, because I think that people got tempbanned for more, and permabanned for way worse things.

Earl

Head of Maps
Mapper
You're still missing the point though. This punishment is there to stop people from abusing plows, not to punish them for the abuse. It is meant to be too harsh because of that.

Alexi

Retired Admin
Why can't you live with that.. Just don't fuck around with the plows. If you are stupid enough to do so after all the warnings, you deserve the ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.