What's new

Where do we go from here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evans

Banned
I recently made a topic in both the admin board and the development, in which I didn't really get a reply which is quite disappointing. So I am going to ask the whole community so I know myself what you want to happen and what you think can help the server.

Evans said:
Right, RC:RP is at a bad place right now probably at its worse that I've seen it in the year and a half I've been here I don't know if it's been like this before or anything like this so please feel free to inform me.

As you all may know people are talking as if it is 1 strand away from shutting down, its not. The community need some sort of reassurance from the admin team as a whole and not just one individual going around speaking to everyone. 2-3 Admin meetings were missed by a few individuals on several occasions which we should of as a TEAM had some idea's drafted to help fix and make the server progress once again.

I seen that there was some idea's about development and events and etc that we can do in game, I have had a some thoughts myself. First of, in the UK we have a week off school for half term so I asked Tommy if we should get 10-15 community members that can be trusted and won't fuck around to help us film a professional advertisement, I know Nick Doyle had this planned but he has been gone for a couple of months now so I don't know why it should not be picked up. The second idea I thought of was sitting with the whole mapping team or what is left of them or the newly hired ones and to ask them to work on the biggest mapping project RC:RP would have ever seen, I'm talking 1 - 2 months of solid mapping ready for the summer as a big attraction.

I don't know what else to say really, but all I can say is seeing the 40-50 players online yesterday clearly shows the server is not dead. PLEASE post any suggestions that you can think of to help the server.

Evans,

Please post any suggestions or opinions about the server and what you would like to see change or be implemented and I'll look into them and ensure that all serious suggestions are considered for implementation. As it stands we need to come together as a community to make RCRP move from this dark patch that it is currently in.

x00

Retired Admin
Get admins that will actually do work. (interact w/ community, not be lazy shits)
Fix all the bugs on the server.
Add more features.
= RCRP is back

Winterz

Donator
The server is not dead, this period of time is just a little inactive, but i am sure that the server will regain activity as the summer is coming, lots of people will be free from school the coming weeks, so don't worry, and yes.
RC:RP had inactive periods like these.

I have full trust in the server regaining it's activity as it was before :luvrcrp:

Pandovix

Donator
Honestly, I'm glad people still care as I'd love to be able to Roleplay again, but at the minute RCRP doesn't seem to want people to Roleplay, which is sad.

I think, at the minute, there's no real accomplishments for players on RCRP other than being a Helper, Administrator or Faction Leader, and these shouldn't be the goals people aim for when joining the server. Factions need to be improved, faction leaders and Administrators, along with both scripting and mapping should be working together.

From a mappers point of view, literally nothing happens, ever. Not even small tasks and little challenges, something to keep us busy, ye'know. A few people seem to care, but its the ones that don't care that is letting the server down.

I might expand later on a few things as I'm too tired at the minute, but I'm glad someone has finally made a topic regarding this situation. :thumbup:

EDIT: People who are trying to say 'the server isn't dead, this always happens, wait for summer, etc', this is bad, other servers get max players at-least at the weekends, if not pretty much everyday, RCRP has never been this bad.

Smajk

Donator
I personally think that the server and its general population will raise in time. However, I do think it can't do it just like that. It needs some kind of an uplifting (More players, update, announcement, or something alike!) Therefore, I think it would be the best if we all came together and tried our best for a solution.

Puppy

Donator
United European provinces of West Russia,
I suppose it also has to do with how the admins behave. Friends get everything whilst other people are being ignored from some admins, it's just a game of be the admin's friend or stay low in the RCRP food chain, people are biased. (Everyone is biased, one way or another, even I am) Which will make people feel like they are being pushed down and don't feel like playing here anymore because it's all about who is friends with who.

Like take the past few admins, such as Castorr and Milk, all they did was trolling around, DM, insult people and get admin after playing here for 6 months, Really because they were that good for the server or just because they were the circle members? Who knows?

Then also to the point where TommyB just abandons the community, ever since he's became the server owner he's pushing people down and feeling better than anyone else, ignores them, does what he wants, lets his friends do what he wants and does not follow his own rules. Trolls around and does not show any respect either.
Why would someone want to play here if he encounters a server owner like that without knowing any better?

(The above statements are based on the drops in quality, playerbase and satisfaction ever since TommyB became server owner, along the amounts of broken rules he has withnessed from a certain friend of his and yet doesn't do anything about it, even if it's interrupting and herassing people to a certain extend)

Well, besides that it's also just the roleplay grade, people killing each other for nothing, shooting each other for the slightest insult. Weapons are too easy to obtain etc, oh and ofcourse the terrible amount of bugs.

So yeah, if my opinion would count in any way.
- Raise the RP level with any force necasserry.
- Make weapons WAY harder to obtain. The are way too abusive.
- Redo the ridicilous way the PD works, now they can just do whatever they want and get away with it. Drops the fun for a lot of people..
- Meet people's wishes for once, how many times are admins like, alright suggestions opened, a lot of people want something and within a year it's not even added yet? Give the community what it wants and keep it happy.
- Listen to the community and not your own small circle of friends.

Manu

Retired Admin
I loved yesterday, having more than 40 people online again was great.
Small suggestion: Have an 'event' that is happening every now and then, like that time when you could kidnap the president (which I got 4 hours of jail for lel), or like when the bridges were shut down. But don't rush it like the president thing, actually make a couple of in-game announcements with SANews, post a topic in IC stating that something will happen, make sure everybody knows about it. This would not only help out SANews with roleplay, but also Axiom (bodyguards during any event), Elite Trucking (delivering drinks and materials to build the stages), FD (EMT ready to act), SP (making sure everything goes alright) etc.

If an admin (or a really really dedicated player) organizes something like this, it will bring something to look forwards to for the entire community. It won't be an ooc event, people will have time to actually plan something (not like the president thing were we literally only had 30 minutes to prepare) and it will just be awesome.

Having the occasional car show is nice and all, but it isn't original. We need something were people actually spend a lot of time in preparing it.

An example of one of these events would be to host elections for a mayor, people will need to start campaigns (in-game preferably) and work with the COMMUNITY to get elected. ( They should also be held 'anonymously' if possible, to prevent people from winning just because they are popular).

Another idea I read somewhere was to host some sort of festival, which would be a lot of fun as well.

I know that all of this isn't easy and they aren't guaranteed to be successful, I know it because I tried organizing a couple of public rides with ADMC, unfortunately without much success (only the first one was a win).

Anyway if you need someone to give you more ideas or to work something out, contact me. I'd be happy to help.

Charles_Gaps

Bronze Member
Puppy said:
- Meet people's wishes for once, how many times are admins like, alright suggestions opened, a lot of people want something and within a year it's not even added yet? Give the community what it wants and keep it happy.
- Listen to the community and not your own small circle of friends.

A small thing I want to add to this: look at what the community wants and if you think of implementing it, have a poll where everyone can vote on.

K.Wilson

Platinum Member
In my honest opinion the current administration team needs a revamp in their positions, we have those head of bans not doing anything, those head of factions not introducing new factions nor speaking with faction leaders on improvements, what I see the new HoF doing is going with a private discussion removing someone and not speaking one word with a faction leader on what to fix. The previous leadership(s) (Robin/Doddsy/etc) actually spoke with faction leaders and only removed leaders just because for the better of the faction. I see they need to introduce new factions into the server and support leaders and not make them fear getting removed or putting to much work into a faction then getting removed, we need new factions when old ones die or even better new leaders when the current leaders can't bother with the faction. More faction evaluations. Apart from that we need more friendly administrators, and yet from that the currently administration team is hard to get ahold of, it would take three months to get Tommy to assist you yet better just give his duties away to other administrators or positions. Law Enforcement in this server is doing just fine and they need new updates and Department of Corrections needs a little boost and a little help from HoF then just removing the faction completely after all the work everyones put into it. Apart from that check other factions out and see what they have in mind and what they need to achieve success. The player base just sits around then actually roleplaying so get IC events held by administrators or administrators could simply get factions to host these events to get community gatherings then just letting new players run around hopelessly. Think about new players more than anyone, just don't put them in the server and expect for them to survive, get systems set up so they can get introduced into factions and other players. I'm not trying to say the server is a mess but I heard the entire script is bugged, try and finding new scripters to script for us, and make it easy for faction leaders to lead their factions then giving them a hard time. Before I close this idea put your main focus on illegal factions right now, we're so dead when it comes to illegal factions, we don't need wanna-be hitman groups but we do need streetgangs, mafias, cartels, clubs, and so on.

I hope the server works out and I don't lose interest in the server, I know a few people are doing their best to work on improving the server. Don't blame the inactivity on final exams, nobody is interested in the server, look at other servers and you'll realize they have the same playerbase, fix the bugs, get people involved and fix our faction system.

Status
Not open for further replies.