What's new

[READ] Rule changes and forum design update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moneko

Diamond Member
Oh great asspulling small firearms is allowed now. I can't wait to get robbed while fishing or by the time I got into Palomino Creek blocks without my car and someone wants to hit or shoot me.

BirdyGurdy

Donator
Paxie said:
BirdyGurdy said:
Good work, only rule I don't agree with is the ability to ass-pull 9MM's, deagles, and silenced pistols. I don't get why this is a new rule, it honestly doesn't make any sense to me, due to the fact that this just means people are going to mainly use 9MM's deagles and silcened now, because they can ass-pull. Having the ability to ass-pull is a terrible idea in my mind, because many people are going to get killed by being ass-pulled leading to them to bitch and moan 24/7, making more work for admins to deal with. Not only that, but this means RCRP is heading to more of a "light" side of roleplay, ass-pulling is one of the worse ideas I could think of for having guns. We already have enough issues with people DMing or false killing. But that's just my thoughts, don't hate.
giphy.gif
let me refute your whole paragraph with one point

how will not having to type a /me cause more DM or false killing? if someone wants to DM somebody, having to type out /me pulls his pistol doesn't stop them.
This promotes light RP, not only that, but when players see a /ame or /me it gives them time to react to the roleplay. People will scroll really quickly and just gun you down, without you even knowing what's going on, in a split second you'll be dead. The ability to see a /ame and /me gives the player a time to react to the roleplay, even if it's a split second chance of you reading it, it gives you a time to react.

Anderson

Retired Admin
Paxie said:
let me refute your whole paragraph with one point

how will not having to type a /me cause more DM or false killing? if someone wants to DM somebody, having to type out /me pulls his pistol doesn't stop them.

For once I agree with Paxie, and I almost never agree with Paxie.

Menace

Diamond Member
Love it. I'm glad my suggestion on rule 27 was accepted.

For those not keen on the new asspulling rule, maybe check out the original discussion that influenced it being added. Who knows, it might change your opinion: viewtopic.php?f=1009&t=153153

Edit:
BirdyGurdy said:
Literally all the points you're bringing up have been refuted in that topic above. I recommend you give it a read.

paxie

Legendary Member
Tyr0n said:
Oh great asspulling small firearms is allowed now. I can't wait to get robbed while fishing or by the time I got into Palomino Creek blocks without my car and someone wants to hit or shoot me.
and how would the player having to type out /me pulls his pistol protect you from being robbed while fishing or while you're at the pc blocks?
rsz_tqharym.png

BirdyGurdy said:
This promotes light RP, not only that, but when players see a /ame or /me it gives them time to react to the roleplay. People are scroll really quickly and just gun you down, without you even knowing what's going on, in a split second you'll be dead. The ability to see a /ame and /me gives the player a time to react to the roleplay, even if it's a split second chance of you reading it, it gives you a time to react.
so you agree it doesn't promote DM or false killing. thank you.

now, promoting light RP? lol what? the quality of roleplay isnt determined by whether you type a /me to take out your gun or not

it takes longer to read a /me than it does to react to someone taking out a gun and aiming. in real life you don't get a split second to read what the player is about to do. and the player having to type a /me doesn't even give you any additional time lol, the player will scroll the gun and shoot as soon as they send the message. NOTHING changes. you do not get any extra time if the player types out a /me. if anything, it slows your reaction down because you have to read the /me and you start getting shot while reading the /me. so I have no idea what you're on about.

BirdyGurdy

Donator
Paxie said:
Tyr0n said:
and how would the player having to type out /me pulls his pistol protect you from being robbed while fishing or while you're at the pc blocks?
rsz_tqharym.png

BirdyGurdy said:
This promotes light RP, not only that, but when players see a /ame or /me it gives them time to react to the roleplay. People are scroll really quickly and just gun you down, without you even knowing what's going on, in a split second you'll be dead. The ability to see a /ame and /me gives the player a time to react to the roleplay, even if it's a split second chance of you reading it, it gives you a time to react.

now, promoting light RP? lol what? the quality of roleplay isnt determined by whether you type a /me to take out your gun or not

it takes longer to read a /me than it does to react to someone taking out a gun and aiming. in real life you don't get a split second to read what the player is about to do. and the player having to type a /me doesn't even give you any additional time lol, the player will scroll the gun and shoot as soon as they send the message. NOTHING changes. you do not get any extra time if the player types out a /me. if anything, it slows your reaction down because you have to read the /me and you start getting shot while reading the /me. so I have no idea what you're on about.

I'll stop here, like I said, it's just my thoughts. It doesn't matter anyways because it's already in the server and it's over with. Thanks for the feedback.

Blue

Helper
Paxie said:
Tyr0n said:
rsz_tqharym.png

BirdyGurdy said:

It does promote light roleplay as well as DM. In reality, as soon as you see someone reach, you can react. Take this for an example. An officer is aiming a gun at a suspect, the suspect proceeds to reach and before he can do so, the officer opens fire. Same thing IG, when I was a cop and I thought someone was armed, the second they made their /ame I immediately opened fire.

People have their opinions about this, just because you really want it doesn't mean you should reply to others comments and complain about them disagreeing with it.

paxie

Legendary Member
BlueFire said:
It does promote light roleplay as well as DM. In reality, as soon as you see someone reach, you can react. Take this for an example. An officer is aiming a gun at a suspect, the suspect proceeds to reach and before he can do so, the officer opens fire. Same thing IG, when I was a cop and I thought someone was armed, the second they made their /ame I immediately opened fire.

People have their opinions about this, just because you really want it doesn't mean you should reply to others comments and complain about them disagreeing with it.
im not complaining about you disagreeing with it, I'm proving you wrong because you're literally claiming things that arent true whatsoever and have already been refuted numerous times in the suggestion thread if you actually took your time to read it

how does not having to type out a /me to pull a pistol promote DM??? so you tell me DMers go in game, then realise AHHHHHHH shit I have to do /me pulls his pistol before I can DM someone, nevermind man i won't DM

Blue

Helper
Paxie said:
BlueFire said:

im not complaining about you disagreeing with it, I'm proving you wrong because you're literally claiming things that arent true whatsoever and have already been refuted numerous times in the suggestion thread if you actually took your time to read it

how does not having to type out a /me to pull a pistol promote DM??? so you tell me DMers go in game, then realise AHHHHHHH shit I have to do /me pulls his pistol before I can DM someone, nevermind man i won't DM

I'll stop here, like I said, it's just my thoughts. It doesn't matter anyways because it's already in the server and it's over with. Thanks for the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.