What's new

[READ] Rule changes and forum design update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffy™

Retired Admin
^It really depends if a certain player plays to win - hardcore actions or is ready to give you any chance at all - would kindly wait for a reaction of your side, before the inevitable in most cases of robberies - pulling of a Deagle. And that's pretty much the difference between a RP scenario and random RP in my opinion.
Taking a 9mm / Deagle out in real life is a matter of seconds and let's be honest, typing /me out in certain situations really gives the opposite party a chance to MG (whining, complaint threats, discussion about fairness, stalking) / PG ( taking out their gun, hoping to get away with a fairness discussion). But then again, this is a game and everyone should be given a chance to react accordingly - hence why I would like to ask this -
Someone pulls a gun, does what he does, the other party never even understands what happened. - 90% chance of arguing and complaints;
Is it really fair to remove the rule of using /me or /ame ?
Asking this from my player point of view, as I have been in the scenarios I am asking about and almost everyone, unfortunately, plays to win, so the chance to survive after a gun is taken out is really low.

paxie

Legendary Member
BirdyGurdy said:
I'll stop here, like I said, it's just my thoughts. It doesn't matter anyways because it's already in the server and it's over with. Thanks for the feedback.
BlueFire said:
I'll stop here, like I said, it's just my thoughts. It doesn't matter anyways because it's already in the server and it's over with. Thanks for the feedback.
good talk boys, next time try to participate in suggestion threads and don't make baseless claims (that have already been refuted numerous times btw on the suggestion thread) on an announcement thread where admins are trying to improve the server if you don't want somebody to challenge them

hallucination

Faction Consultant
Finally we're now able to asspull handguns. To those who say that removing the said rule will promote DM or doesn't leave them any extra time to react back — no it will not, you will still need a reason to kill somebody, and honestly you don't get any extra time to react back if somebody has an intention to kill you lol.

dex

Donator
Sefer said:
Finally we're now able to asspull handguns. To those who say that removing the said rule will promote DM or doesn't leave them any extra time to react back — no it will not, you will still need a reason to kill somebody, and honestly you don't get any extra time to react back if somebody has an intention to kill you lol.
Exactly this, 90% of people never roleplay pulling out a pistol anyway, they always had a bind do it for them - that's not roleplay.

Jeffy™

Retired Admin
Sefer said:
That's right, for the shooter point of view.
I am still worried, if there would be increase of "kill-wills", though, from the point of the victim.
Binds are killers of decent RP scenarios, imo. Buuut that's way off topic.

Blue

Helper
Paxie said:
BirdyGurdy said:
BlueFire said:
good talk boys, next time try to participate in suggestion threads and don't make baseless claims (that have already been refuted numerous times btw on the suggestion thread) on an announcement thread where admins are trying to improve the server if you don't want somebody to challenge them
We tried actually giving you the flaws of it, but all you do is continue to push it. You literally reply to every single person who's mentioning anything about it. I can't understand why you're arguing about it when it's already on the server.

You claim we're making baseless claims yet a lot of them actually make sense. We're not trying to get it removed, we're just speaking out our opinion yet you're continuing to flame on an announcement thread.

paxie

Legendary Member
BlueFire said:
We tried actually giving you the flaws of it, but all you do is continue to push it. You literally reply to every single person who's mentioning anything about it. I can't understand why you're arguing about it when it's already on the server.

You claim we're making baseless claims yet a lot of them actually make sense. We're not trying to get it removed, we're just speaking out our opinion yet you're continuing to flame on an announcement thread.
im not flaming or arguing, im replying to your concerns i think you need to calm down

and actually they are baseless claims considering when I've asked you to back up how it promotes DM birdygurdy changed the topic to light RP. and when I asked you how it promotes DM you said you're stopping there

Blue

Helper
Paxie said:
BlueFire said:

im not flaming or arguing, im replying to your concerns i think you need to calm down

and actually they are baseless claims considering when I've asked you to back up how it promotes DM birdygurdy changed the topic to light RP. and when I asked you how it promotes DM you said you're stopping there
I gave you an example. I can't understand how you're going to tell me to calm down when I'm simply responding to you. I'm sorry if you feel as though I'm coming off hostile, as all I'm doing is just trying to explain why I think it's a bad change.

paxie

Legendary Member
BlueFire said:
I gave you an example. I can't understand how you're going to tell me to calm down when I'm simply responding to you. I'm sorry if you feel as though I'm coming off hostile, as all I'm doing is just trying to explain why I think it's a bad change.
no, I don't feel as if you're coming off as hostile, but you're accusing me of flaming when all I'm trying to do is answer your concerns and help you understand and see why the change has been implemented so you don't go around saying it's the stupidest shit ever and that RCRP is turning into a medium roleplay server on your discord.

you didn't give me an example of how it promotes DM. here is your example.
BlueFire said:
Take this for an example. An officer is aiming a gun at a suspect, the suspect proceeds to reach and before he can do so, the officer opens fire. Same thing IG, when I was a cop and I thought someone was armed, the second they made their /ame I immediately opened fire.
I'll reference the official definition of DM from our rules.
TommyB said:
Deathmatching is when you are killing / inflicting injuries upon a player for a reason that does not justify such extreme actions, or without a reason at all.
how does the suspect taking a gun out without a /me suddenly turn what the suspect is doing into DM? the suspect still has a reason to shoot the officer, there's a gun being aimed at him, whether he roleplays taking his gun out or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.