What's new

[READ] Recent server breach

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSexyPotato

Codac said:
TheSexyPotato said:
My forum account's (TheInvinciblePotato) pw isn't working anymore. When I try to restart it it says that the username I entered is incorrect. Can I have some help with this?
You need to reset your password before it will work.
I can't, because when I enter my username, it says that it's incorrect. But I have made sure that it's written correctly.

Miss DragonDuck

Donator
SireElite said:
but the server
why can't i play rcrp ;(
The server is currently still offline to deal with some security issue's to ensure this will not happen again.

Stay tuned; it will be online soon enough!

Charlie_

Donator
Bill said:
Skypo said:
I hold server management accountable and responsible for lacking serious security or pro-active protective measures for breaches like this.
Unacceptable.
Because if whoever did this can pull this off without too much effort apparently, anyone with some technical knowledge could have.

You should only blame people with weak passwords.

Data Protection Laws require the data holders, ie the people maintaining the database and so on responsible for making data as secure as possible. If the passwords were as secure as possible on the database side then sure, blame everybody else. But that wasn't the case, they were (apparently) using a simple hashing algorithm that can be cracked in milliseconds using online tools.

RAZR

Donator
Weeknder said:
Skypo said:
I hold server management accountable and responsible for lacking serious security or pro-active protective measures for breaches like this.
Unacceptable.
Because if whoever did this can pull this off without too much effort apparently, anyone with some technical knowledge could have.
I was saying the same thing. If you make a community and make people sign up then you should have some serious security so the users sign up info gets protected and cant get grabbed by some kid who watched a youtube video on how to hack.
I just want to let you know that the website says when you register to it that the management does not recommend using paswords that you use elsewhere.
Don't blame the management if you don't know who was the attacker and what he is capable of as an ex-management.

Codac

Donator
TheSexyPotato said:
Codac said:
TheSexyPotato said:
My forum account's (TheInvinciblePotato) pw isn't working anymore. When I try to restart it it says that the username I entered is incorrect. Can I have some help with this?
You need to reset your password before it will work.
I can't, because when I enter my username, it says that it's incorrect. But I have made sure that it's written correctly.
Could be your email put in wrong then. Make sure you put in the email you registered with or the one you have in your settings.

Miss DragonDuck

Donator
CruxJ said:
Bill said:
Skypo said:
Unacceptable.

You should only blame people with weak passwords.

Data Protection Laws require the data holders, ie the people maintaining the database and so on responsible for making data as secure as possible. If the passwords were as secure as possible on the database side then sure, blame everybody else. But that wasn't the case, they were (apparently) using a simple hashing algorithm that can be cracked in milliseconds using online tools.

That, does not make sense at all.
This is a server on SA-MP; not a company that holds millions of information.

Fr0st does everything possible to secure this information to the best of their abilities, and i'd shoot myself in the head if he didn't.

MetalMercenery

Bronze Member
How long is 'soon'? Because every single second I feel like I'm not whole because the server is still offline.

Rosalie

Donator
Weeknder said:
Skypo said:
Unacceptable.
I was saying the same thing. If you make a community and make people sign up then you should have some serious security so the users sign up info gets protected and cant get grabbed by some kid who watched a youtube video on how to hack.
Once again. It's the work of a former management member. Otherwise this wouldn't have happened. I don't think people realize this.

Status
Not open for further replies.