What's new

[READ] Recent server breach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aceee

Bronze Member
Paxie said:
Tom said:
> barely any incidents of someone getting hacked in RCRP except themselves being stupid and not handling their PW correctly
> admin goes rogue and takes database
> FIX THIS SECURITY ISSUE! FIX THAT HOLE! TIGHTEN UP SECURITY HERE, DO THIS!

Just cause something bad happened, doesn't mean there's an issue.

Don't go full NA politics

passwords only being hashed so simply that a free website can crack them is a security issue rofl

Exactly..

Jboi

Head Administrator
Aceee said:
Paxie said:
Tom said:
> barely any incidents of someone getting hacked in RCRP except themselves being stupid and not handling their PW correctly
> admin goes rogue and takes database
> FIX THIS SECURITY ISSUE! FIX THAT HOLE! TIGHTEN UP SECURITY HERE, DO THIS!

Just cause something bad happened, doesn't mean there's an issue.

Don't go full NA politics

passwords only being hashed so simply that a free website can crack them is a security issue rofl

Exactly..
:frustrated:

You guys really need to read and comprehend the previous posts we've made. The passwords were secure, the only reason Booth got them was because he was developing for the server. Sure, the hashing method wasn't the best, they should've been salted, but it's fixed now and no one other than someone given access to the password database would ever be able to get the hashed passwords to begin with.

Yassin

Retired Admin
Aceee said:
Alright then...

So whats the point of the topic still being unlocked?

The topic is unlocked because it allows the community to express their opinions openly on the matter. If they choose not to read through it, it's their fault. The issue has been explained and a fix has been already added.

flyerx2359

I had to send in a support ticket to get my regular forum account fixed since the e-mail was an e-mail that has since been closed down, then they reset my e-mail to my current one but it still gives me the 'combo not found' error since I didn't originally register with that e-mail so hopefully they can change the password to my main flyer2359x account manually lol.

At least I can get in game no problem :p.

Ray_P

Bronze Member
Why were there administrative positions given to these virgin no-lifers in the first place?
That's kinda what you get when there are 14,15y/o kids in your staff... especially nolifers who don't have anything going on in their lives besides SA-MP... that's sad and they're dangerous.

I can't think of any other serious community who went through this... maybe because forum postcount and amount of hours spent trolling IG aren't real requirements for the admin team... Stop bringing kids into the staff and aim for someone mature and honest and maybe then this shit here... won't happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.