Not open for further replies.

TommyB

Owner
Jeroen said:
Tom said:
Liam_Airey said:
Bobalob said:
Saint said:
The server did indeed change, there isn't as much to do anymore. In 2010-12, things were a bit different, there was more RP going on, now it's pretty much four types of people; noobs, rich players who fuck around oocly, people who actually rp and admins. The thing is that the number of people who actually RP, has decreased. I don't know why the playerbase has dropped, can be due to exams and shit, but I'm sure we can get the activity and playerbase back on track by advertising, innovating/introducing new ideas. The RCFD and DoC for a start are [ in my opinion ] the most inactive factions, and I do not understand why.

The experience is dry. I've already said we should come up with some IC events (not OOC 'teleport to race' or DM events). Things like a music festival, stuff that gets everyone involved.

A mapped gig would be a pretty fucking amazing idea.

lewk des?

http://puu.sh/8EhuJ.jpg
http://puu.sh/8Ehw5.jpg

Old map of mine, Stopped mappin it as soon as I got the information that the mall would be placed there, So I abandon the map.
I know a mapping at the big ear with a huge podium, but something already occupies that location.
But yes, I like it.
There's a nice plot of land where Station 49 used to be!

Jackson.

Donator
I won't ever leave RC-RP, the reason behind the inactivity is exams.(For me if not most of the players).

Don't just tell me that it is impossible to be due to exams, since back in 2010-2012 we were just some useless shit, sitting infrot of our laptops the whole time, studying a bit for grade 5's exams and shit, however, we are adults now, we got a lot of resposibilities and we gotta study for the university's exams.

-excuse mistakes, writing from a shitty device.

Vin

Donator
TommyB said:
Saint said:
Vin said:
It seems all we ever do is talk about problems, and these problems are never solved. Take everyone's mony, start from scratch. Get rid of the inactive factions, be nice to level ones; idk. There is so much that needs to be changed, I don't even know where to start. We obviously all want change, so lets change what needs changing.

I say we just delete everyone's accounts and make everyone start from the bottom, no money, no assets, no level, nothing. Donator stuff will be refunded, let's just say that is all you get. The people who stay with us are the loyal people who care about the future and the quality of the server and its roleplay, however the ones who leave due to losing their money and assets, are the people who make the server worse, which in my opinion would be a good idea.
That will never happen. There is no reason to. There are plenty of other solutions out there and people having money isn't even a prominent issue in the server, it's the least of our concerns right now.

It will solve a lot of IC problems. Not everyone would own a gun, money farmers can't farm, not everyone will be rich. 1,000 may feel like a lot of money. A fresh start would help.

Jackson.

Donator
Vin said:
TommyB said:
Saint said:
Vin said:
It seems all we ever do is talk about problems, and these problems are never solved. Take everyone's mony, start from scratch. Get rid of the inactive factions, be nice to level ones; idk. There is so much that needs to be changed, I don't even know where to start. We obviously all want change, so lets change what needs changing.

I say we just delete everyone's accounts and make everyone start from the bottom, no money, no assets, no level, nothing. Donator stuff will be refunded, let's just say that is all you get. The people who stay with us are the loyal people who care about the future and the quality of the server and its roleplay, however the ones who leave due to losing their money and assets, are the people who make the server worse, which in my opinion would be a good idea.
That will never happen. There is no reason to. There are plenty of other solutions out there and people having money isn't even a prominent issue in the server, it's the least of our concerns right now.

It will solve a lot of IC problems. Not everyone would own a gun, money farmers can't farm, not everyone will be rich. 1,000 may feel like a lot of money. A fresh start would help.
No no no, not at all. I've lost days and weeks(IRL) gathering my fortune and building my character from scratch. I won't ever let anyone just erase my effort in a sec. No, thank you! (No offence)

Sirius

Bronze Member
Imo the 2 things that need major improvement are the rp quiz (when you make the master account) and the job system.

1. The RP quiz is a total pain in the ass. The questions are a bit inaccurate and confusing. Personally I failed it more than 5 times, all due to inaccurate questions making me unable to find what was my wrong answer. Apart from that, my friend today failed it and now he has to wait 6(?) hours until he gets to take it again.
    • Now, for the jobs system....Well, it's actually non-existent. While in other servers new players get to rp and gain money in an entertaining way, in RC:RP legal jobs are just something players abuse...Or should I say the mechanic job since the "Maintenance worker" one is complete useless? So basically, what I see is people becoming mechanics to add $300 to their paychecks and have the privilege to instantly repair/respray their car with a simple cmd. NO RP Involved. And then the players get to do drive-to-the-checkpoint sidejobs to gain some money.

Please, improve the jobs system. Every single friend of mine that joined the server made a negative comment on it. I hope you understand that it's really bad for the server's image.

Mac

Tester
I log in every once in a while but I just don't get the same enjoyment I used to.

lightyy

Donator
Bobby Richardson said:
I recommend we script an actual courthouse and city hall, have governor or mayoral elections and get a government working. That would make us fairly unique!
Yes. This would be great. Anywaus, were not just another casual rp server. The community and content makes rcrp special. Admins and the dedication aswell. As for the decrease in players, most peeps havr exams. I do aswell, for a gymnasium.

PuDzeh

Donator
The server will never hold the same level of enjoyment for me that it had back in the day. The future holds a new era for RCRP which I will be there to see but I have had my fun, I am hoping this new era will be of enjoyment to the newer players. Now Saint what are you gassing about, if you want everything to get wiped why did you ask me to give you a free business the other day, jealous tactics just like communism.

Money and assets were earnt by older players in particular over long periods so that's unfair man. Sometimes these things are earnt quickly through golden watches, but that's another story.

Either way as Tommy mentioned,it is no issue, money is meaninglessness on RCRP, I like having it because money is power, but it is not my focus, it gives me comfort and that I adore.

There is however the pressing issue of people like Casella(now fixed) and Justin Jacobs(urgent fixing needed) who just log onto their accounts to keep their assets, farm the earnings and log off again. These people should have their master accounts deleted straight away, no chances, oh yes. And their assets should be taken, as RP possibilities are being restricted by these greedy people.

Sorry for the rant, good luck RCRP.

Pandovix

Donator
PuDzeh said:
The server will never hold the same level of enjoyment for me that it had back in the day. The future holds a new era for RCRP which I will be there to see but I have had my fun, I am hoping this new era will be of enjoyment to the newer players. Now Saint what are you gassing about, if you want everything to get wiped why did you ask me to give you a free business the other day, jealous tactics just like communism.

Money and assets were earnt by older players in particular over long periods so that's unfair man. Sometimes these things are earnt quickly through golden watches, but that's another story.

Either way as Tommy mentioned,it is no issue, money is meaninglessness on RCRP, I like having it because money is power, but it is not my focus, it gives me comfort and that I adore.

There is however the pressing issue of people like Casella(now fixed) and Justin Jacobs(urgent fixing needed) who just log onto their accounts to keep their assets, farm the earnings and log off again. These people should have their master accounts deleted straight away, no chances, oh yes. And their assets should be taken, as RP possibilities are being restricted by these greedy people.

Sorry for the rant, good luck RCRP.
I guess we should just delete people's MA's if they leave the server too, 'ey? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.