What's new

[Newsletter] May 2014 - 07/05/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob

Retired Admin
See, we have plenty of ideas for the development team (who ever they are) and the mapping team to work on to bring in more forms of role play for everyone. I like the idea of anyone being able to acquire BMX's. Like you said, it can be controlled.

Skye

Donator
Yeah, I wouldn't start blaming the inactivity on exams. There have been plenty of exams in the past and nothing like this happened.

What's more, BMXs should just be added already. How badly can one really abuse the jump function? Sure, you can go around and annoy other players by jumping over them and shit, but you can do that just as easily on foot, in a vehicle, with a helicopter... etc.

On the other hand, I think part of what made RCRP so interesting in the past could have been certain restrictions. The fact that you had to put in so much time to get somewhere in the past really made the server entertaining... And, by the time you made it somewhere on the server, there were so many people trying to do what you did that it made it a really fun experience. It's also true that the server's shitty economy might have played a part in its success too, although you have to be cautious with this one; it's beneficial if it makes people play more to get rich, but at some point people just get tired of it and it's not fun.

But really, RCRP is sort of what I grew up on (sad, I know) and it would, in my opinion, be in the server's best interests to have a wipe/fresh start (players that don't want to start fresh could request a stats save, although I hope people would be open minded.) I for one would welcome a stats wipe. I don't know about the rest of you guys.

nikolai_kiseliv

Bronze Member
Saint said:
The server did indeed change, there isn't as much to do anymore. In 2010-12, things were a bit different, there was more RP going on, now it's pretty much four types of people; noobs, rich players who fuck around oocly, people who actually rp and admins. The thing is that the number of people who actually RP, has decreased. I don't know why the playerbase has dropped, can be due to exams and shit, but I'm sure we can get the activity and playerbase back on track by advertising, innovating/introducing new ideas. The RCFD and DoC for a start are [ in my opinion ] the most inactive factions, and I do not understand why.

For the SACFD, as we keep saying, our activity is mainly based on people's roleplay. No jnjuries/illness/fire = no need for FD, no need for FD = inactivity. Unfortunately it's been this way for a while. Command have tried countless things to increase it, however, with out a community role playing, we really can't do much more. And this has been a progressive decline in calls over the past year and a half. I would love tonsee to see FD as active as when I joined, but that would take everyone working together not just FD command.
As for DoC I believe (and could well be wrong) that it's a similar situation.

Kay-Kay

Retired Admin
The only problem right now are the forums. They're still really slow for me and it's not an enjoyable experience to surf around them. But I do hope that it will get fixed - other than that, this newsletter is pretty informative :thumbup:

Karner

Banned
You can stop people from bunny hopping on a bike.

Code:
public OnPlayerKeyStateChange(playerid, newkeys, oldkeys)
{
    if(newkeys & KEY_FIRE)
    {
        new vid = GetPlayerVehicleID(playerid);
        if(GetVehicleModel(vid) == 510)
        {
            SetVehicleVelocity(vid,0.0,0.0,0.0);
                SendClientMessage(playerid,0xFFFFFFFF,"Jumping is not allowed!");
    }
    return 1;
}

> 30 seconds to google.

Don't hate me, massive edit coming.

As an older (Longer playing, not age) player, a lot of the RP that happens seems recycled. It's the same old gangs with different names. Nothing has ever really -CHANGED- except really the removal of Aperture and switch to 2014. Not saying that either of these are bad, I personally have enjoyed the change to 2014, it opened up a new way of RPing but It has got tiring quite quickly. The way that the server as a whole acts is a lot less inefficient, while in theory should work better, it just doesn't. I'm not putting blame onto anyone specific but I can safely say that back in 2011 you -KNEW- something was or wasn't going to happen because a yes meant a yes. Nowadays a yes means, go away.

The community is outright toxic. New players with the intent and ability to learn are shunned and berated before given the chance, branded as "Oh, another noob" before given the chance. There's nothing wrong with the script as far as a player is concerned, just the way it is portrayed.

The script is literally forced down your throat. "If It's not hidden scriptwise, I can see it" being a massive example. So the script has more power over /do I am wearing a jacket over my weapon. The script is too forceful, you have to do things BY the book, and not that that is a problem but with the 5000 global messages you get every hour are just damn frustrating.

There's too many things that need to be changed for RCRP to just "be fixed". The massive disincentive is the lack of players. We have over 17,000 forum members and 42 users online on the forums at the time of this with ONE player in game.

Booth

Banned
Karner said:

Code:
{
    if(newkeys & KEY_FIRE)
    {
        {
    }
    return 1;
}

> 30 seconds to google.

As an older (Longer playing, not age) player, a lot of the RP that happens seems recycled. It's the same old gangs with different names. Nothing has ever really -CHANGED- except really the removal of Aperture and switch to 2014. Not saying that either of these are bad, I personally have enjoyed the change to 2014, it opened up a new way of RPing but It has got tiring quite quickly. The way that the server as a whole acts is a lot less inefficient, while in theory should work better, it just doesn't. I'm not putting blame onto anyone specific but I can safely say that back in 2011 you -KNEW- something was or wasn't going to happen because a yes meant a yes. Nowadays a yes means, go away.

The community is outright toxic. New players with the intent and ability to learn are shunned and berated before given the chance, branded as "Oh, another noob" before given the chance. There's nothing wrong with the script as far as a player is concerned, just the way it is portrayed.

The script is literally forced down your throat. "If It's not hidden scriptwise, I can see it" being a massive example. So the script has more power over /do I am wearing a jacket over my weapon. The script is too forceful, you have to do things BY the book, and not that that is a problem but with the 5000 global messages you get every hour are just damn frustrating.

There's too many things that need to be changed for RCRP to just "be fixed". The massive disincentive is the lack of players. We have over 17,000 forum members and 42 users online on the forums at the time of this with ONE player in game.

That stops people jumping on the bike completely, it also stops the bike completely still which isn't exactly a brilliant way of dealing with it. They can also hold the key in and it will stop them still and then they can jump.

I just don't particularly think we should completely stop people jump on bikes, the thing that is more concerning on bikes is the speed at which they can travel. It's abit unrealistic that a bike can travel about the same as a PD Cruiser.

Jeroen

Donator
Booth said:
Karner said:

Code:
{
    if(newkeys & KEY_FIRE)
    {
        {
    }
    return 1;
}

> 30 seconds to google.

That stops people jumping on the bike completely, it also stops the bike completely still which isn't exactly a brilliant way of dealing with it. They can also hold the key in and it will stop them still and then they can jump.

I just don't particularly think we should completely stop people jump on bikes, the thing that is more concerning on bikes is the speed at which they can travel. It's abit unrealistic that a bike can travel about the same as a PD Cruiser.
You can also decrease the velocity by half.

Saint

Donator
nikolai_kiseliv said:
Saint said:
The server did indeed change, there isn't as much to do anymore. In 2010-12, things were a bit different, there was more RP going on, now it's pretty much four types of people; noobs, rich players who fuck around oocly, people who actually rp and admins. The thing is that the number of people who actually RP, has decreased. I don't know why the playerbase has dropped, can be due to exams and shit, but I'm sure we can get the activity and playerbase back on track by advertising, innovating/introducing new ideas. The RCFD and DoC for a start are [ in my opinion ] the most inactive factions, and I do not understand why.

For the SACFD, as we keep saying, our activity is mainly based on people's roleplay. No jnjuries/illness/fire = no need for FD, no need for FD = inactivity. Unfortunately it's been this way for a while. Command have tried countless things to increase it, however, with out a community role playing, we really can't do much more. And this has been a progressive decline in calls over the past year and a half. I would love tonsee to see FD as active as when I joined, but that would take everyone working together not just FD command.

Don't get me wrong. I do not blame you as the leader and as a whole faction for lack of activity. I don't blame anyone for anything, I'm simply trying to figure out ways to help you get back on the rails. The thing is, that most people who - for example - have an accident, car crash, they usually either call it lag and skip it, ignore it or pretend as if it's a small crash and RP that the seatbelts saved them, or the last option is to RP the slightest injuries, call the seatbelt in - WHICH by the way was not actually RPly put on in most cases - and drive off, ignoring the other vehicle.

The DoC, as far as I understand, fails to show activity due to the lack of prisoners and lack of RP within the prison. The current playerbase is quite low, therefore it isn't helping the prison at all. If there is no players, there is no prisoners, therefore there is no activity on DoC's side. Again, I don't blame DoC at all, obviously isn't their fault.

Kay-Kay said:
The only problem right now are the forums. They're still really slow for me and it's not an enjoyable experience to surf around them. But I do hope that it will get fixed - other than that, this newsletter is pretty informative :thumbup:

It is extremely laggy when posting a reply, I think it's all the smilies that cause the lag.

Karner said:

Code:
{
    if(newkeys & KEY_FIRE)
    {
        {
    }
    return 1;
}

> 30 seconds to google.

I appreciate your time - 30 seconds or not, still - by finding a possible solution to the problem, however I don't think that completely disabling bunnyhopping is the key. People will want to bunnyhop, as it is more than possible in real life. People will start doing BMX crews and gangs, they will do various stunts. My idea was to reduce the bunnyhop height distance to minimum. If I'm honest, the current bunnyhop height is just fine, as you can jump over a fence or a wall IRL, I used to do stuff like that when I was 16.

For you Karner, the description of Aperture and the move to 2014 was the biggest change, but I noticed the change in 2012, when Saints of Erin, Central Blocc Crips and South West Cholos were descripted, then things changed. If those factions were back as they used to be, under the same leadership and with the same members, I think that RCRP would be more attractive and people would create more RP. Nowadays, a regular RCRP player has tons of guns, drugs, cars, money, houses and businesses, but stands on the corner of Montgomery Park because they're too lazy to create RP.

Jeroen

Donator
Saint said:
nikolai_kiseliv said:
Saint said:

Don't get me wrong. I do not blame you as the leader and as a whole faction for lack of activity. I don't blame anyone for anything, I'm simply trying to figure out ways to help you get back on the rails. The thing is, that most people who - for example - have an accident, car crash, they usually either call it lag and skip it, ignore it or pretend as if it's a small crash and RP that the seatbelts saved them, or the last option is to RP the slightest injuries, call the seatbelt in - WHICH by the way was not actually RPly put on in most cases - and drive off, ignoring the other vehicle.

The DoC, as far as I understand, fails to show activity due to the lack of prisoners and lack of RP within the prison. The current playerbase is quite low, therefore it isn't helping the prison at all. If there is no players, there is no prisoners, therefore there is no activity on DoC's side. Again, I don't blame DoC at all, obviously isn't their fault.

Kay-Kay said:

It is extremely laggy when posting a reply, I think it's all the smilies that cause the lag.

Karner said:

Code:
{
    if(newkeys & KEY_FIRE)
    {
        {
    }
    return 1;
}

> 30 seconds to google.

I appreciate your time - 30 seconds or not, still - by finding a possible solution to the problem, however I don't think that completely disabling bunnyhopping is the key. People will want to bunnyhop, as it is more than possible in real life. People will start doing BMX crews and gangs, they will do various stunts. My idea was to reduce the bunnyhop height distance to minimum. If I'm honest, the current bunnyhop height is just fine, as you can jump over a fence or a wall IRL, I used to do stuff like that when I was 16.

For you Karner, the description of Aperture and the move to 2014 was the biggest change, but I noticed the change in 2012, when Saints of Erin, Central Blocc Crips and South West Cholos were descripted, then things changed. If those factions were back as they used to be, under the same leadership and with the same members, I think that RCRP would be more attractive and people would create more RP. Nowadays, a regular RCRP player has tons of guns, drugs, cars, money, houses and businesses, but stands on the corner of Montgomery Park because they're too lazy to create RP.
Everytime when I visit Montgomery, which is rare, because I am normally in BC, I always see them at Betting and corner of the park.

Trapp

Donator
still waiting for a working drug system; about the bikes, its just dumb that you claim people could abuse the high jump, wasnt the server application server introduced to make sure we don't have dummies and spoiled people around? u should trust ur playerbase

Status
Not open for further replies.