What's new

Lag Spikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher

Retired Admin
fr0st said:
I have located the direct source of the problem and found some different solutions.

I will talk this over with Alec so we can fix this immediately.
<3

fr0st

SysAdmin
System Administrator
Tom'BillyJo said:
Thank god.

What was the problems?

Well, we've fixed most of the lag issues by pruning the old inactive players in the MySQL database.

We're working on optimizing the script further to entirely get rid of the lag and hopefully we'll have perfect sync with the server after we're done.

It will take Alec a little while to fix these issues as it requires re-scripting for 90% of the commands in the server to support threading with the new MySQL plugin.

So please, be patient. There's a LOT less lag than before, so it should be atleast bearable until Alec rolls out the changes with SQL threading support.

Bauer

Retired Admin
fr0st said:
Tom'BillyJo said:
Thank god.

What was the problems?

Well, we've fixed most of the lag issues by pruning the old inactive players in the MySQL database.

We're working on optimizing the script further to entirely get rid of the lag and hopefully we'll have perfect sync with the server after we're done.

It will take Alec a little while to fix these issues as it requires re-scripting for 90% of the commands in the server to support threading with the new MySQL plugin.

So please, be patient. There's a LOT less lag than before, so it should be atleast bearable until Alec rolls out the changes with SQL threading support.

How come the previous servers never had any problems with the scripts and MySQL databases, having almost no lag at all, and this one does?

Rich

Donator
Any updates on this as the problems are still occuring 24/7.

fr0st

SysAdmin
System Administrator
Rich said:
Any updates on this as the problems are still occuring 24/7.

Alec is working on fixing it. There's nothing more I can do to fix it.

fr0st

SysAdmin
System Administrator
HuffingtonPost said:
BauerÔäó said:
How come the previous servers never had any problems with the scripts and MySQL databases, having almost no lag at all, and this one does?

Other server was on a different OS and MySQL db type. Old was on MyISAM, mine is on InnoDB which is more efficient for this type of server. (yes, I have tried changing it to the same type/converting it, it did not change anything)

Unsure as to why it didn't lag on the other server as similar as to now, but I figure it may have something to do with the plugins differences between Linux & Windows. Nevertheless, the issue was already identified and the culprit found. The fault lies in the script, so it is being fixed by Alec.

Status
Not open for further replies.