What's new

Keep Losing Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

codycg

Donator
I searched all over over Google and I can't find anything.

sa-mp-12.jpg

Giga

Donator
Do you usually lose connection on interiors or faraway places (like Bayside and LV) ?

codycg

Donator
Nope. I almost never lost connection until recently. Hell I can barely log into the server for 3 minutes without losing connection as seen above in the screen shot.

codycg

Donator
This is fucking annoying all the work I put in this server and I can't even play on it anymore.

Mark_Fleur

Retired Admin
codycg said:
This is fucking annoying all the work I put in this server and I can't even play on it anymore.

Have you tried re-installing SAMP with an official mirror?

Also when did you update? It could be possible that some of your mods will cause you to crash in a new version of samp- who knows!?

codycg

Donator
Yeah thats possible. I also un installed and re installed SAMP about 10 minutes ago. I was playing with the sound mod just fine, though it is a recent mod. But I dont think it would mess with disconnecting me. Ill un install the mod and check it out.

EDIT: It looks as though SO FAR it has been the mod causing the connection problems some how. I hope it is, and I hope it isn't. I really like this mod as it takes all the boring sounds out of the game and replaces with awesome ones. But on the other hand if it ain't the mod thats causing the problems then Im screwed.

YET ANOTHER EDIT: It seems the mod is not the problem. It's something else. What the hell could it be?

codycg

Donator
Fleur said:
What OS are you using?
Im using Windows XP 32 bit
There has got to be something I can do. I did recently change to AVG Virus protection, that could be it but I don't know how I could fix it.

Giga

Donator
RC-RP server is running through 0.3c R2. While the latest SA-MP client version is 0.3c R3. Although the latest SA-MP client is running fine with RC-RP server.

Fleur

Retired Admin
codycg said:
Fleur said:
What OS are you using?
Im using Windows XP 32 bit
There has got to be something I can do. I did recently change to AVG Virus protection, that could be it but I don't know how I could fix it.

Hmm, AVG Virus protection doesn't close off ports so there's nothing to open.
Your firewall may have though, but you only need to open ports when you're hosting a server.
I'm sleepy and all up for a good nap; fresh out of ideas D:

Disable your firewall for a bit (a BIT, don't disable it permanently) and connect to RCRP.
If you can play normally again, that'll tell us something.
Put your firewall back up and keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.