[IMPORTANT] Robbing & Scamming Rules - additions and clarifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee

Platinum Member
Codac said:
Gee said:
Codac said:
I was temporarily being held for questioning the other day after pulling out my legal firearm and the officer tried searching my car. They don't care about warrants nor do they need them it seems like.
just sounds like sasp acting like the gods of rcrp again to me dude shrugs
It was honestly so dumb. I can't make a complaint though even though officer Jalen Young thinks he's above the law and doesn't need a warrant to search my vehicle when I had not committed any crime. I can't complain about it to IA since I wouldn't have seen it ICly but I'll sure post about it here.
lol either you'll complain and they'll say "It's an IC matter" or they'll act like they can do whatever because 1. no courts, 2. they think they are the rules. or they'll say post an IA complaint because "we can't do anything if you don't report it" > only to find the report doesn't mean shit and holds no concern to them at all. :bounce:

WarMachine

Donator
This whole thing was added just because I stole an ex admin's drugs because of his Sadler being left with windows down. This whole thing is unrealistic, limits the ALREADY CRIPPLED TO DEATH illegal side and gives more disadvantage to those who chose to take this path. SASP just like always is an exception because why not? ^_^ I highly hope this will get reversed as soon as possible, you can already see the feedback and I am unsure why the admins are doing such MAJOR discussion when only a few of them are actively roleplaying as illegals? Just like always it wasn't brought up to discuss with the community and put their input into consideration. Just remove this and keep the other rules, everything else is good.

paxie

Legendary Member
James_Williams said:
This whole thing was added just because I stole an ex admin's drugs because of his Sadler being left with windows down. This whole thing is unrealistic, limits the ALREADY CRIPPLED TO DEATH illegal side and gives more disadvantage to those who chose to take this path. SASP just like always is an exception because why not? ^_^ I highly hope this will get reversed as soon as possible, you can already see the feedback and I am unsure why the admins are doing such MAJOR discussion when only a few of them are actively roleplaying as illegals? Just like always it wasn't brought up to discuss with the community and put their input into consideration. Just remove this and keep the other rules, everything else is good.

this is actually an issue I've had with the admin team and faction team. not a lot of them are experienced illegal roleplayers, specifically gang. there's a few who have experience with organized crime like Alexi, McKenna, PixelMass, but other than Jamie who has experience with White Fence and SWC and CBC, I can't really think of any admin who's known for being involved in gang roleplay

Hartigan

Donator
Gee said:
Codac said:
Gee said:
Codac said:
I was temporarily being held for questioning the other day after pulling out my legal firearm and the officer tried searching my car. They don't care about warrants nor do they need them it seems like.
just sounds like sasp acting like the gods of rcrp again to me dude shrugs
It was honestly so dumb. I can't make a complaint though even though officer Jalen Young thinks he's above the law and doesn't need a warrant to search my vehicle when I had not committed any crime. I can't complain about it to IA since I wouldn't have seen it ICly but I'll sure post about it here.
lol either you'll complain and they'll say "It's an IC matter" or they'll act like they can do whatever because 1. no courts, 2. they think they are the rules. or they'll say post an IA complaint because "we can't do anything if you don't report it" > only to find the report doesn't mean shit and holds no concern to them at all. :bounce:
i actually do recommend you post an is report, we take them extremely seiously.

Trapp

Donator
true, almost every admin is in sasp atm and i feel this is becoming a matter of bias tbf

Matty

Donator
James_Williams said:

Because it's unrealistic to go around with the sole purpose of robbing people, I've never heard of it EVER and it simply doesn't happen, because it's too big of a risk.
Nobody in RC-RP gives a single shit about risks, because jail times are low and so are fines, and fines aren't enforced properly, meaning nobody gives a shit about them.
If you could get jailed for 48 hours, people would be alot more smart and careful about what they do, because at this moment nobody cares.

Long story short, this is a way to prevent people from going around robbing people and to prevent people from doing stupid shit, because it's either this or higher punishments (and higher jailtmes).

In your case, stealing a conveniently parked vehicle at a public gas station where loads of people pass, which is also loaded with drugs, would be too big of a risk as it may be a bait car and simply because there's too many witnesses, but people don't care, they just want the loot.
So don't cry about this being a "light RP" server, because having a local gang shoot up the place every week, and the police ending up in hourly chases and daily shootouts, is unrealistic in itself.

Earl

Head of Maps
Mapper
Alright guys, please stop fighting, the rules mentioned in that poll thread have been removed, like I said I'm really confused about this sudden negative reaction because literally every single person I asked about the limits was positive about the idea - but I guess I either didn't ask enough players or asked only those who roleplay as legal characters, I really don't know, ah well, my fault I guess! I've revoked the changes, the OP has been updated accordingly. ;)

Ray_P

Bronze Member
As more than enough players pointed out before me, the robbing / scamming limit is completely against this server's growth, in my opinion.
The more OOC restrictions get added, the more we go from a heavy RP server to a medium RP server.
As if the cash robbery limit wasn't unrealistic enough, now we can't even perform the actual illegal act of stealing illegal substances from another player with illegal ties. I doubt this was thought through.

It's all a consequence of a retired admin getting unreal amounts of drugs stolen from his vehicle, a thing everyone knows by this point. How about instead of "implement a rule to protect wealthy players from having their enormous stashes robbed" enforce the idea of "not driving around with 17 kilograms of coke and keep your stuff somewhere safe - you know, like in real life - be it money, drugs or any valuable item".
If there's a server's roleplay standard ladder, we slided quite a long way down on it rather than climb upwards due to these additions.

A lot of people have also raised the question about SASP. It's not enough that we can't take their weapons, but they can take ours, it's not enough that they can raid houses/vehicles/anything part of our property without a warrant, now we can't even steal drugs from ourselves. And by us, I mean illegal roleplayers.

I urge the admins to try to play at least 2 months on an illegal character before making changes like these... we just hit a new low.

Bauer

Retired Admin
Ray_P said:
As more than enough players pointed out before me, the robbing / scamming limit is completely against this server's growth, in my opinion.
The more OOC restrictions get added, the more we go from a heavy RP server to a medium RP server.
As if the cash robbery limit wasn't unrealistic enough, now we can't even perform the actual illegal act of stealing illegal substances from another player with illegal ties. I doubt this was thought through.

It's all a consequence of a retired admin getting unreal amounts of drugs stolen from his vehicle, a thing everyone knows by this point. How about instead of "implement a rule to protect wealthy players from having their enormous stashes robbed" enforce the idea of "not driving around with 17 kilograms of coke and keep your stuff somewhere safe - you know, like in real life - be it money, drugs or any valuable item".
If there's a server's roleplay standard ladder, we slided quite a long way down on it rather than climb upwards due to these additions.

A lot of people have also raised the question about SASP. It's not enough that we can't take their weapons, but they can take ours, it's not enough that they can raid houses/vehicles/anything part of our property without a warrant, now we can't even steal drugs from ourselves. And by us, I mean illegal roleplayers.

I urge the admins to try to play at least 2 months on an illegal character before making changes like these... we just hit a new low.

I guess you were writing this post for more than 10 minutes because it was just reverted already. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.