What's new

[GUIDE] Loner's Guide on RPing.

Moneko

Diamond Member
latest

Feeling lonely both ICly or OOCly? Not good at communication or what subject to talk about with others? Forever Alone? you don't have to feel that feel no more because this is the guide where loners can have their own freedom.

* I feel very lonely ICly and OOCly, what should I do?

Well, as a matter of fact. It's normal to feel lonely. Since it's in our instincts to feel that way. You're not a loner, you're just bad at communicating. Instead of trying to RP about some conversations you have absolutely no idea what the topic is all about. Don't try to join their conversation bandwagon. Instead, try to be unique in your own way. Let me tell you this as a professional loner in RPing for 9 years, you always find a way to do something even if it's not actually related to RPing with someone. Make a Passive Roleplay like fishing, side jobs, etc. that will make you feel better.

* I really don't know what to say with others, especially if there are groups talking about their own things and a stranger comes in and joins their conversation bandwagon and become their friends instantly, is there a way?

The question is, yes. That's their personal, social status. What you are in real life would reflect to your own character the way you communicate with others, changing the subject, or even relate to them. If you're not good with those, then don't force it. Try to find some people who share the same feeling as you do. RPing is not all about making friends, trying to be better than everyone, or do some illegal shit to get a lot of attention. You're RPing because you want to live in another world with the character that you've always wanted to be IRL or in just a game.

* Yeah, this might be a stupid question... But how about when someone approaches me trying to converse with me and I don't know what to say, WHAT DO I DO?!

Simple. Just use /me rolls his eye and gazes on something else. It's like a self defense mechanism if you ask me. Trust me, it works every time unless if the guy you're RPing with is in the hood or something. You don't do that kind of shit to them otherwise they'll beat you up for not answering their questions or whatnot.

* Well, I am RPing as a very loner char, but I am not a loner in real life. How do I become a loner?

Simple, ignore everyone and just do your business. You don't have to give them to all the people who wants to RP with you because hey, you're a loner. You have to save those energies in grinding jobs instead of RPing.

* As an experienced loner RPier, what usually comes in mind to be a loner?

Well, that's a very simple question. Instead of trying to be someone you're not, do some things that you really want. If talking to some people, especially on bars ICly is not your passion, then stand up on that table you're sitting at and start fishing or doing jobs. Maybe when you're rich, you can RP better with everyone. Right? no. If your character's personality is a loner type, then no matter what your status in the game doesn't have a value for those who'd like to have a conversation RP with you.

* Well, this sucks. I don't have friends, bla bla bla. What should I do?

Get a boat. At least a dinghy and fish all day, ignore everyone. Simple as that. Then you can text some of your closest friends IRL while fishing. You don't only make more money from whaling a lot of fish or even caught dozens of whales in the process, you didn't wasted your entire life as well because you have someone to talk with on that phone. In my case, I don't have any contacts cuz I am a loner IRL too, just giving a tip for those who feel the same way as I did. rip

* What is a loner's purpose in RPing?

Nothing. You're not RPing to make friends in that case, but you're RPing to grind more money or whatever you want to achieve. If you feel like RPing with some people is a waste of time then don't. Find a more secluded place to RP Passively with that brand new boat you have and start fishing. I don't want to implement side jobs because you'll be in a lot of trouble RPing with some people, especially cops if you ever hit someone and cause an accident.

* Sometimes when you need something, you gotta interact right?

Yes, just RP with buyers, merchants, or sellers. They are the most friendliest people you can ever encounter aside from the rule that they can't scam you if you won something at the auction ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I am RPing as a rich loner character, what should I do?

First, bird's eye private investigation. Pay 100k/500k to list all the names of everyone who lives in the county I MEAN EVERYONE. Second, hire a private lawyer to file a restraining order at everyone for any IC reasons. I think you'll be spending around 5m/20m to restrain everyone in the county depends on the lawyer rate. But whatever right? you earned that much money or even more from fishing around all day lol.

Hawks

Platinum Member
you’ve been saying multiple times that you should get on a boat and fish if you don’t want to roleplay with or when you don’t want to interact with /anyone/ at all basically.

let me tell you this, this is a roleplay server where you should interact with other people or create roleplay and have fun with each other. if you want to be a “loner” you should play a fps and do some campaign imo.

Moneko

Diamond Member
Hawks said:
you’ve been saying multiple times that you should get on a boat and fish if you don’t want to roleplay with or when you don’t want to interact with /anyone/ at all basically.

let me tell you this, this is a roleplay server where you should interact with other people or create roleplay and have fun with each other. if you want to be a “loner” you should play a fps and do some campaign imo.

You decide your own story. Some people prefers that kind of method such as me and Dimitri.

Hawks

Platinum Member
well my concern is that your profile, including your signature, /and/ guide tells everyone that you’re just here to fish and “grind” money instead of roleplaying.

Moneko

Diamond Member
therealdoge said:
why is this a thing

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

This is a guide to help people who RPs as a very loner character, how to gain self confidence, how to interact with a loner, or how to become one. My current character is a very lonely person and well... I do RP it that way and I suppose some people likes to RP this kind of stuff. Especially my friend, Dimitri who RPs the same way and only interacts with buyers or sellers.

Feniksxx

Silver Member
Same as some reasons above. If roleplaying a loner that you don't fish all the time. Do some passive RP in your house or something.

Sent from my SM-J330F using Tapatalk

Moneko

Diamond Member
Feniksxx said:
Same as some reasons above. If roleplaying a loner that you don't fish all the time. Do some passive RP in your house or something.

Passive RPing in your house doesn't help since it never gives you any profit aside from the admins who is spectating everyone to see if everything is good, and converse with you via /b lol. Let's say... What if you don't have a house? how can you still RP passively with that kind of situation other than to loiter around Monty waiting someone to provoke you? lol.

I updated this thread anyway lel.

Hawks

Platinum Member
Tyr0n said:
Feniksxx said:

Passive RPing in your house doesn't help since it never gives you any profit aside from the admins who is spectating everyone to see if everything is good, and converse with you via /b lol. Let's say... What if you don't have a house? how can you still RP passively with that kind of situation other than to loiter around Monty waiting someone to provoke you? lol.

I updated this thread anyway lel.

you can do passive roleplay everywhere, not just in your house or Montgomery lol. and you just skip out the passive roleplay because it doesn’t give you profit? nice development I guess.