Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie_

Donator
Miss Blue said:
Skypo said:
Rosalie said:
Yeah, a public apology.
It's a shame somebody like Evans got a management position in the past. He used to be trusted. Honestly, it just gives all the more reason to keep them off of the server. I'm kind of glad they proved that I was right about them at the same time, however. They're nothing but crooks.
There is little to no point looking at 'crooks'. I'd rather hold the server owner accountable and responsible for ensuring personal information and privacy from being stolen and accessed by 'crooks'.

There's no point in tossing out blame towards anyone.
The only people that should receive the blame; is those involved in all of this.

Actually Data Protection Laws exist for a reason, the password security was lax and should serve as a warning to everybody. There would've been ways to prevent this from happening to the extent it has happened, obviously there's no point dwelling on the past but I hope that data security will start to be taken more seriously.

Miss DragonDuck

Donator
ArkyStano said:
Miss Blue said:
Skypo said:
Rosalie said:
Yeah, a public apology.
It's a shame somebody like Evans got a management position in the past. He used to be trusted. Honestly, it just gives all the more reason to keep them off of the server. I'm kind of glad they proved that I was right about them at the same time, however. They're nothing but crooks.
There is little to no point looking at 'crooks'. I'd rather hold the server owner accountable and responsible for ensuring personal information and privacy from being stolen and accessed by 'crooks'.

There's no point in tossing out blame towards anyone.
The only people that should receive the blame; is those involved in all of this.

Aren't we all involved in this?

If you partook in leaking passwords and banning people ingame and on the forums; then you are.
If you did not; you aren't.

There's only so much on the SA-MP's end that can be done to protect information and fr0st is more then capable of securing this information; but if people want to find a way; they'll find a way.

Rosalie

Donator
Skypo said:
Rosalie said:
Yeah, a public apology.
I'm sure he feels responsible for giving management to somebody like Evans which caused this to happen. That's the only reason why this happened. Otherwise, our information would've been perfectly safe. It's not their fault that a former management member who was banned from this server decided to try and steal passwords.

At the end of the day, these kinds of things just show you why people should use different passwords. No point in talking about this anymore. It happened, security is probably going to be upped however it can be (which is a bonus), and we're going to move on.

BiggieDogg

Already had my password changed, but the questionário anyone wants to know is, WHEN IS THER SERVER UP AGAIN I WANT TO RP??

Lamar Carter

When I'm trying to change my account's password(the one wich i log in with on the game) it says
500 - Internal Server Error
What does this mean?

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.
This is kinda embarrassing. Please contact staff if the issue persists.

Tried this multiple times.

Limuz

Donator
Lamar Carter said:
When I'm trying to change my account's password(the one wich i log in with on the game) it says
What does this mean?

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

I had the exact same error, until I figured out that the link you click includes the period (.) at the end of the URL. Remove that . and it should work.

Lamar Carter

Limuz said:
Lamar Carter said:
What does this mean?

I had the exact same error, until I figured out that the link you click includes the period (.) at the end of the URL. Remove that . and it should work.

Damn, you are right, thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.