What's new

The Crackdown on Robbery and DM Squads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khaleesi

Donator
TommyB said:
Watching people who are bad at the game hurts me on the inside.
The game isn't deathmatch, Tommy. I get you deathmatch a lot but it's driven people do the same as if you're a rolemodel and in the end I didn't yet see the RCDM change. I don't mind people who simply rob others or go on a bit of a kill spree, but they do it, eventually die, and do it five times more just for the fuck of it. It's not supposed to be that way on a role-play server and I find it sad you don't see it yet.

TommyB

Owner
Khaleesi said:
TommyB said:
Watching people who are bad at the game hurts me on the inside.
The game isn't deathmatch, Tommy. I get you deathmatch a lot but it's driven people do the same as if you're a rolemodel and in the end I didn't yet see the RCDM change. I don't mind people who simply rob others or go on a bit of a kill spree, but they do it, eventually die, and do it five times more just for the fuck of it. It's not supposed to be that way on a role-play server and I find it sad you don't see it yet.
The game is actually GTA San Andreas, which primarily focuses on shooting people and stealing cars. The people in the video you linked are not good at GTA San Andreas.

What you described there at the end of your post is not me. I think you're overestimating how much I actually engage in shootouts ingame. In fact, I've barely played over the last month or two. The primary difference is that I typically don't lose and humiliate the SACSO in the process. That really rubs people the wrong way I guess.

Why are you complaining to me about an issue literally being fixed by the guidelines set in place by this topic? People have been banned left and right since this crackdown was put into place. Don't complain for the sake of complaining and bring up real issues that aren't being handled by server administration.

Khaleesi

Donator
A DM squad actively going on for the last week without being handled and doing two digit shootouts everyday isn't something I'd call being handled. I understand that they're being watched and their leader was recently banned, but they keep doing it and the fact that I'm not the single one complaining about them is the de facto in this situation. I'm not even asking for people to get banned, but I'm asking for a general big slap on the wrist for those who do it, which is being done, so it's all cool.

Anyway, I took your comment the wrong way. I thought you named I and the rest of us complaining about the deathmatchers being the ones 'bad at the game', while in fact we're not. We're here to role-play or at least I'm here to do that and that's what I've always been about ever since I found out about this gamemode long before I joined your community. The people on the other side of the marble are here to have fun while breaching server rules and creating little to no role-play interaction nor opportunity with the people they interact whatsoever in an unrealistic fashion to boost their alter egos and get guns and money from others in the process.

All I'm trying to say is this — you're the server owner. I, for one, am in a better place at this game and I'm not at the point where I take people as examples of what I should be doing, but most players mimic behaviour they see being accepted on the server just like infants learn to do stuff from adults by simply watching them do it. All I'm saying is people look up to you because of who you are for the community and because of that you should know better. You've been off the rails for quite a period recently and that makes others do the same.

tl;dr first two paragraphs It's a game and we're supposed to have fun playing it, but rules are set in place to make sure everyone's having fun equally aka no one takes advantage over the other. These rules need to be enforced.

A-list

Silver Member
i mean no ones really complaining just to complain, this thread's almost two weeks old n ppl still lookin for results yk

Khaleesi

Donator
A-list said:
i mean no ones really complaining just to complain, this thread's almost two weeks old n ppl still lookin for results yk
I really think it's wrong to say this crackdown hasn't done anything. It obviously has. It's just sad that there's still people who get away with it while doing it in everyone's face, hence made people come in this topic and complain. It's also sad that most people who used to actively do this stopped for a period just because "you're getting banned for it now" and they'll pick up on it later, but there's always loopholes to rules.

A-list

Silver Member
Khaleesi said:
A-list said:
I really think it's wrong to say this crackdown hasn't done anything. It obviously has. It's just sad that there's still people who get away with it while doing it in everyone's face, hence made people come in this topic and complain. It's also sad that most people who used to actively do this stopped for a period just because "you're getting banned for it now" and they'll pick up on it later, but there's always loopholes to rules.
you're right that administration team has done its part so far, but there's still plenty more useless deathmatchers to get rid of

K3V

Banned
I've only seen Shonice getting banned and not the others, when you have to deal with it daily the evidence just stacks up.

Now can someone explain to me why all of them collectively are not banned?

Joe

Retired Admin
K3V said:
I've only seen Shonice getting banned and not the others, when you have to deal with it daily the evidence just stacks up.

Now can someone explain to me why all of them collectively are not banned?

Quantity over quality?

Gonzo

Donator
Alright, I know I am not the main thing here but I will explain a bit.
We are not DMers that go around and ''kill'' people for no-reason. If we did kill anyone we had a reason or, they shot back which of course we shot back.
And some people say we MG, NO. We got an TS Channel which is IC/OOC, we got binds for the radio.
You saying we drive fast cars, and shit? Ye', we drive fast cars atleast we can afford the repairs, get to our level.
I am totally fucked about this bullshit, no-one has been provoking us for the past week becuase they know they should not be fucking with us.
The only big shootout I have been in is the one in AP Cave, the one that happend in Las Barrancas I am not apart off. I am sick off this saying we should get banned. This post has not been posted to just tell people out and shit. You got a topic called ''Complaints'' feel free to go there and post an complain if you feel so.
Let's go from begining, WE have been in many complaints and? We barely get banned. Why? Becuase we know what's right and what's not, YES everyone makes mistakes, but I am just sick becuase, everytime we do something everyone PM's us saying : DM, Moron and shit. Accept If you die, It's only a fucking game.
And what I just realized I probably wasted more then 200grand on guns, which I lost. I will try to get in more RP situations, If you want me banned sure go ahead. But as I said If I don't get banned, I will try to get in more RP sitatuations and stop buying alot of guns. I will atleast get hand gun, keep it on me for self-defence. If you got a problem with me, go ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.