What's new

The Crackdown on Robbery and DM Squads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rifle

Donator
Robin said:
Rifle said:
I've been robbed by 3 guys in the middle of the day, center Blueberry, because there were only 25-30 players online, no admins and 2 cops.

Another thing is if a victim shouts or makes a /me attempting to escape, robbers spam /b saying "RP fear!", but they act like tough men, waving their guns around, looking like robots. I mean everyone is an ultra skilled robber now? Shouldn't robber RP fear/being scared as well?
In my opinion you would certainly have the fear of getting caught.

..which is why you shouldn't rob people in broad daylight and in the middle of the street. :banhammer: But that's why we are working on taking care of this.
Maybe have a limit of players per squad? Like only groups of 2-3 robbers maximum? Set a minimum number of PD members online, like there is for banks heists and such, intead of only needing to have 1 cop online?
The need of having atleast one administrator online, to persue on a robbery? Idk, just throwing some ideas. :thumbup:

dex

Donator
Clearing this up.

People who roleplay robberies correctly and who do it to roleplay, not for monetary gain - won't be punished.

People who go around (usually in big groups on Teamspeak) every single day, armed to the teeth with masks on, robbing anyone they see above the rob limit are susceptible to punishment. These people also generally get into multiple shootouts daily.

Admins know who's robbing to roleplay and who's robbing to overall get into a shootout. Don't be worried about robbing someone with your friends, just be smart about it. No more /s HANDS! or /s DOWN! types of robberies.

Please don't be put off robbing someone because this crackdown is in effect.

Stunna

Gold Member
dexev said:
Clearing this up.

People who roleplay robberies correctly and who do it to roleplay, not for monetary gain - won't be punished.

People who go around (usually in big groups on Teamspeak) every single day, armed to the teeth with masks on, robbing anyone they see above the rob limit are susceptible to punishment. These people also generally get into multiple shootouts daily.

Admins know who's robbing to roleplay and who's robbing to overall get into a shootout. Don't be worried about robbing someone with your friends, just be smart about it. No more /s HANDS! or /s DOWN! types of robberies.

Please don't be put off robbing someone because this crackdown is in effect.

What rule is in place to stop this? Or is it just admins punishing because they can?

You notice that those "/s HANDS" robberies are efficient and work, is that why people don't like them? Why can't you rob for both roleplay and monetary gain? Who's going to risk a thirty-five thousand dollar gun for strictly roleplay and no gain?

Has there been a large warning before you've taken action? No. You took action and didn't do shit beforehand to those players. It's a real fact that most robberies are demanding and violent, hardly any street robberies are organized like you want.

Warn, then punish. Don't punish then warn.

K3V

Banned
dexev said:

Whilst I know I and some of the people I roleplay with will fall under the specifics of this rule I've quoted above I think it should be fairly enforced. Irrespective of people being friends with admins or the alike I hope its totally even across the board.

dex

Donator
K3V said:
dexev said:

Whilst I know I and some of the people I roleplay with will fall under the specifics of this rule I've quoted above I think it should be fairly enforced. Irrespective of people being friends with admins or the alike I hope its totally even across the board.
Completely, there's no bias whatsoever.

Rifle

Donator
Stunna said:
Who's going to risk a thirty-five thousand dollar gun for strictly roleplay and no gain?
Someone who doesn't care much about the cash, and likes to RP instead. You don't seem to be the case.
Robbing 600 dollars from a player, 200 from another..., from time to time you get 5k from some dude, it takes ages to get back the investment you made on the weapon. Not counting with the possibility to die or be caught.
Guns are not just to rob, you can make lots of legal RP with it.

Stunna

Gold Member
Rifle said:
Stunna said:
Who's going to risk a thirty-five thousand dollar gun for strictly roleplay and no gain?
Someone who doesn't care much about the cash, and likes to RP instead. You don't seem to be the case.
Robbing 600 dollars from a player, 200 from another..., from time to time you get 5k from some dude, it takes ages to get back the investment you made on the weapon. Not counting with the possibility to die or be caught.
Legal roleplay with an illegal gun?

Codac

Donator
Stunna said:
Rifle said:
Stunna said:
If the weapon is legal yeah. Illegal guns no, but there's more rp that can be done than just robbing which mostly doesn't consist of much actual rp with a majority of people on the server. You can do more than /s HANDS, even a simple /me aiming a gun at a person and typing something that resembles an actual sentence rather than shouting a single word and aiming a gun.

Stunna

Gold Member
:cap:
Codac said:
Stunna said:
Rifle said:
Stunna said:
If the weapon is legal yeah. Illegal guns no, but there's more rp that can be done than just robbing which mostly doesn't consist of much actual rp with a majority of people on the server. You can do more than /s HANDS, even a simple /me aiming a gun at a person and typing something that resembles an actual sentence rather than shouting a single word and aiming a gun.
People say that they do more then roleplay, but they don't. Do you think a cop is gonna roleplay thoroughly if they see you aiming a gun at someone? It's not like we can report them for it.

Anderson

Retired Admin
Stunna said:
:cap:
Codac said:
Stunna said:
Rifle said:
Stunna said:
People say that they do more then roleplay, but they don't. Do you think a cop is gonna roleplay thoroughly if they see you aiming a gun at someone? It's not like we can report them for it.
Well maybe if people would stop being dumb and trying to rob people in the middle of Montgomery or a busy road this wouldn't be a problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.