What's new

SA-MP 0.3.8, Custom Models and RCRP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeroen

Donator
Hucklebar said:
im wondering if the force-added skins are gonna top over or intercept my current police vehicle/skins and weapons mods. i wouldn't want the server-side mods to overwrite them.
You should read in how the system works.
Release candidate page

Short reason why it won't overwrite your current mods or skins: The models are downloaded from the server, saved in a specific directory, and the server can only assign IDs to them from these ranges.
Code:
Player skins use ranges: 20000 to 30000 (10000 slots)
Objects use negative IDs: -1000 to -30000 (29000 slots)
Which is outside of the usual range.

Beth

Donator
Skins
• Female maintenance worker
• Female SWAT
• Female FD (the actual firefighter gear)
• Female hispanic skins
• Female biker skin
• Male & female waiter/waitress
• Male & female pilot uniforms for Argent?
• Male & female security for Silentium - it'd look better than using AP skins (I say that with love, no drama!)
• Male & female prisoner skins
• Male & female formal skins for weddings/events etc
• Male & female "night out" attire skins
• Male & female winter attire skins - coats, jumpers, boots etc
• More female skins full stop with different hair styles, not just the ponytail we're stuck with!
• Skins with different hair colours? OR would it be possible to make certain skins with like a few models just changing the hair colour then actually use barber shops to have a hair dying script of some description? Not important but it'd make the barber shops less redundant
• Love Zodiac's idea of hospital skins, male & female

Objects - Furniture
• Better wardrobe, the wardrobe in houses rn is horrid
• Fish tank, making them yourself is glitchy because of the glass
• Medals/trophies etc
• More flowers, maybe loose ones so you can choose what goes in a vase
• Stationery
• Phones
• Modern PC & a mouse
• Wireless routers

Objects - /clothing
• Handbags
• Earpiece
• In-ear headphones?
• Flowers like... for your hair/a boutonniére? I always make one for my hair but for weddings etc it'd be nice!
• Bobble hats
• Scarves & gloves
• More fancy dress attire
• More white items so you can add a custom colour easier

General
In terms of replacing buildings, put some of the Prickle Pine houses somewhere? I love those and we've nailed nicer apartments with East Pacific now we need nicer houses that aren't as big as the LS ones. Prickle Pine houses are lovely!

Beth

Donator
Lawson said:
People requesting non-essentials, please remember that you still can mod your game.
This gives us the opportunity to not have people running around with floating clothing objects etc due to mods and everyone deserves a fair say. Thus I'd say any suggestions are appreciated and will be considered - there are Testers to help with that for a reason :)

Lawson

Gold Member
Beth said:
Lawson said:
People requesting non-essentials, please remember that you still can mod your game.
This gives us the opportunity to not have people running around with floating clothing objects etc due to mods and everyone deserves a fair say. Thus I'd say any suggestions are appreciated and will be considered - there are Testers to help with that for a reason :)

I'd rather have essentials done first, seeing as there are not that many modders around.
Essentials, then non essentials.
Testers can not mod though, can they?

rad

Head of Legal Factions
Lead Administrator
Beth said:
• Male & female security for Silentium - it'd look better than using AP skins (I say that with love, no drama!)
The only people who use the suit skins are supervisors+ so that's not a problem, although a female version of that skin might be good, obviously it would have to be a bit different.

LeGGGeNNdA

Diamond Member
We need more caucasian skins, and a variety of LEO skins as well. Fat LEOs, fat caucasians with different kind of clothes.
And businessman skins with suits and well dressed as well.

We should focus on what's needed most, not what people like to be honest.
What's needed most in the server is a variety of clothes versions for each skin.
Then many civillian caucasian versions, we're tired of replacing Sindacco with 10 different mods everytime we snap a screen.

Just Prixi

Tester
Lawson said:
Beth said:
Lawson said:

I'd rather have essentials done first, seeing as there are not that many modders around.
Essentials, then non essentials.
Testers can not mod though, can they?
Many of them can't, I assume but maybe there's a few that can.

Donut

Silver Member
When 0.3.8 does this means we will have to uninstall our modloaders or how is this going to work with modloaders?

Status
Not open for further replies.