What's new

[READ] Recent server breach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Earl

Head of Maps
Mapper
Keeping things short - the server has been recently attacked by our dearest ex-manager Evans together with ex-developer Booth. Thanks to Frost everything has already been dealt with; the server and forums were rolled back to a backup from midnight, which hopefully didn't affect your interests much.

However - we also have to announce that several passwords were leaked. You were already forced to change your RCRP forum password upon logging in, and if you used the same password anywhere else (email account, Steam, Facebook, anywhere) - change your passwords on those sites immediately for your own safety.

More information on this might be announced soon.

EDIT: The passwords were not stored in plain text, they were properly hashed. Admins and certain testers/helpers were the actual target. The leaked password database was around 4 months old and was hoarded and now leaked by Booth.

I am probably more disappointed by this than any of you are. My apologies on behalf of the whole admin team.
-Earl

Klaas Vaak

Donator
I'm curious to see who has all different passwords for every accounts they create on every other platform. It's a pain in the ass to remember them all.

oh also. What a fucking child that dude is.

Rawson

Donator
like I needed this, ffs. but you guys on the team, keep it up <3

Lee

Platinum Member
Witting said:
At least someone knows my password, cos I sure as fuck didn't :)

fuck the circle!!!!!1

yes !!! XDDD blame the cirlce "!!

Status
Not open for further replies.