Status
Not open for further replies.

Earl

Head of Maps
Mapper
Faizaan said:
TommyB said:
Faizaan said:
everything is good apart from those skins, i would say implement the skins factions need (maybe a modpack they have but ONLY LOW POLY) and then continue to implement civillian skins.

why not both

well if you want to spend that extra time gathering all the required skins for each faction on top of the skins for civilian's then be my guest but it would save you time if you brought out the ones needed right now then continued to spend time on a pack for civil's and bring it out later on
Adding a custom skin doesn't require a lot of time though, it's all a matter of adding them to the custom skin pool and testing them for bugs ingame (which is done by the testers and takes less than a minute).
The only skins we're able to look for ourselves are civillian skins, faction skins have to be supplied by factions (or requested from our modders). If they don't send or request anything - oh well! That probably means that they don't want any custom skins. There's no "gathering" process (as you call it) really, and it makes no difference to us whether we're adding faction skins or civillian skins. The goal is to release 2.6 with a good number of new civillian skins to choose from and all the accepted faction skins that were sent to us - and neither of those is more "needed" than the other.

TommyB

Owner
Jeez, you're acting like no new skins can be added post 2.6 release, which is obviously false. I could write a script that would let me add new skins and objects on the fly during server runtime if I really wanted to (I don't), so all of this debate about what types of skins need URGENT implementation is useless. Please bear in mind that the modding team is fairly new and unorganized right now. Most of my time these days is spent keeping the server afloat, writing code for 2.6 and helping out with SA-MP development when possible, so I haven't been able to hand out tasks and assign projects appropriately. This will change in the future, but even so we've been able to put together a nice handful of different mods as a base. Keep in mind that the server has been just fine without custom assets for almost nine years, you can wait a few weeks for your precious detective skins.

rad

Head of Legal Factions
Lead Administrator
Faizaan said:
Example: SO needs detective skins.
can you explain what you mean by detective skins? maybe give an example.

Beth

Donator
Faizaan said:
No, they really don't. Stick a badge on any skin... Pretty sure detectives just dress smart anyway (and a quick Google would suggest the same)

rad

Head of Legal Factions
Lead Administrator
DiFenucci said:
Factions can already send in skins and costum objects? To who and where?
you should be able to send them to modders and we can forward them. you also need proof of written permission that you're able to use the skin for rcrp.

Faizaan

Gold Member
Beth said:
Faizaan said:
No, they really don't. Stick a badge on any skin... Pretty sure detectives just dress smart anyway (and a quick Google would suggest the same)
heaveN said:
tomato said:
Faizaan said:
probs plain clothes skins with a badge attached to the belt along a holster or smth, no?
tomato said:
Faizaan said:

we all know clothing items can get buggy asf. im just talking like normal civilian skins with mixed heads and maybe a duty belt etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.