RC-RP's stance on the 0.3.8 cancellation and 2.6 news

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyB

Owner

rcrplogosmall.png

RC-RP's stance on the 0.3.8 cancellation and 2.6 news

0.3.8 Cancellation
Some of you may have heard that the upcoming, highly anticipated SA-MP version 0.3.8 was recently cancelled. This isn't really any cause for alarm however, because the features introduced in 0.3.8 will be moved to separate version titled 0.3.7-DL at a later date. This change hasn't really affected the development of version 2.6, so everything is still going swimmingly. Once 2.6 is completed and ready for release, I will be switching the server and client to the aforementioned 0.3.7-DL version since 2.6 literally will not work without its features. Hopefully that clears up any confusion. As always, if anyone has any questions let me know.
2.6 News
Moving on, I'm happy to announce that 2.6 is nearing the end of its development. I'm not quite ready to give a release date yet, but rest assured it should be coming out in the next month or two. This update has taken me longer to develop than I had originally anticipated. I believe when I first announced version 2.6 I stated it would be out by the end of 2017, but obviously that wasn't the case. Some personal issues, severe burnout and an unexpected foot injury around the holiday season caused a handful of delays. I still tried to work on the update as much as I could when possible, but things weren't that easy. 2.6 is easily one of the most ambitious updates I've ever released. It brings a whole bunch of new features, revamps and some other cool stuff to the table. The current changelog contains nearly 100 entries and I honestly don't know how many more it will have once I've finally finished development. In the meantime though, I've prepared a handful of different "leaks" for this post. Please note that a lot of these screenshots demonstrate unfinished and/or unpolished scripts. I hope everyone enjoys!

New character selection screen
vtyC5Y0.png

Ingame real estate script (some old players may recognize this!)
RkJo1Vk.png

New speedometer
UnZK6zO.png

Adjusted house system (houses can now be created indoors, etc)
8i5Lvhm.png

Custom skins
2hcnM1k.png
RErAyvX.png

mckSVLL.png
eFMrCdN.png

xT2Bdv0.png

Custom clothing items (glasses in this case)
ySEEkus.png

I almost forgot drugs
VdFZ09w.png

COMING SOON.

DiScala

Silver Member
Fantastic to see the drug system getting its revamp this update.

Status
Not open for further replies.