What's new

RC-RP's stance on the 0.3.8 cancellation and 2.6 news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faizaan

Gold Member
everything is good apart from those skins, i would say implement the skins factions need (maybe a modpack they have but ONLY LOW POLY) and then continue to implement civillian skins.

TommyB

Owner
Faizaan said:
everything is good apart from those skins, i would say implement the skins factions need (maybe a modpack they have but ONLY LOW POLY) and then continue to implement civillian skins.

why not both

Jeroen

Donator
Faizaan said:
I don't see why the skins are a bad idea, TommyB and the rest of the development team worked hard on making the files as small as possible, on top of using a download redirect RCRP will even use a CDN which speeds up the download a lot more.

Faizaan

Gold Member
TommyB said:
Faizaan said:

why not both

well if you want to spend that extra time gathering all the required skins for each faction on top of the skins for civilian's then be my guest but it would save you time if you brought out the ones needed right now then continued to spend time on a pack for civil's and bring it out later on

RAZR

Donator
Faizaan said:
TommyB said:
Faizaan said:

why not both

well if you want to spend that extra time gathering all the required skins for each faction on top of the skins for civilian's then be my guest but it would save you time if you brought out the ones needed right now then continued to spend time on a pack for civil's and bring it out later on
Dude, we have like 7-8 official modders and it will become our policy that factions will get server side skins when they get official. Kicking 2.6 right off with some factions having these server side skins already will be a nice thing.

RAZR

Donator
(:JASON:) said:
What about adding other sorts of drugs like xanx and meth?
There will be a plenty of drugs made in the 2.6 update but their scripting/testing process would be too long if we wanna add a lot in the following update. So only a few types will make it into the 2.6 update and the rest will be added in followed updates, though it is not guaranteed that every update after 2.6 will have at least one drug added.

Jeroen

Donator
Faizaan said:
TommyB said:
Faizaan said:

why not both

Just because a faction doesn't have custom skins doesn't mean that it is instantly more important than civilian skins.

It is all weighed by the demand (and the lack thereof) of specific wanted content, and how much a developer wants to make it.
Example: If two faction members want to use a specific skin badly, and there are over a dozen civilans who want to have a skin. The priority goes to the civilian skins.

Faizaan

Gold Member
Jeroen said:
Faizaan said:
TommyB said:
Faizaan said:

why not both

Just because a faction doesn't have custom skins doesn't mean that it is instantly more important than civilian skins.

It is all weighed by the demand (and the lack thereof) of specific wanted content, and how much a developer wants to make it.
Example: If two faction members want to use a specific skin badly, and there are over a dozen civilans who want to have a skin. The priority goes to the civilian skins.

well theres a difference between need and want.
Example: SO needs detective skins.

Status
Not open for further replies.