Votes: 14 11.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

x00

Retired Admin
TommyB said:
x00 said:
There's a huge list of other things that need fixing in the community and bringing back a fucking useless chat is at the top of it? Lol.
DOOC is quite literally a copy and paste of commands from older versions of the script. It's an easy implementation. And please point me towards this huge list, I'd love to see it.

1bdf3fc1d8.png

TommyB

Owner
x00 said:
TommyB said:
x00 said:
There's a huge list of other things that need fixing in the community and bringing back a fucking useless chat is at the top of it? Lol.
DOOC is quite literally a copy and paste of commands from older versions of the script. It's an easy implementation. And please point me towards this huge list, I'd love to see it.

1bdf3fc1d8.png
That's very helpful, thank you.

Nick

Donator
TommyB said:
x00 said:
TommyB said:
x00 said:

1bdf3fc1d8.png
That's very helpful, thank you.
This is probably less helpful to the community. [Not me posting it, but the fact that it is true]
915AP

Hydra

Bronze Member
YES! PLEASE!
I love DOOC and I'm totally in for the idea of moderation, to make sure it doesn't get abused in any way.

2Fabulous

Retired Admin
Bauer said:
It'd be nice if those who vote no actually tell us why.
Because it's gonna cause more trouble than be used for something productive.
There will be the same old arguments and smartass remarks whenever something happens IG. Then, you'll have people arguing what's worth a punishment, what is considered "being a dick/asshole" etc. More admin complaints, more player complaints. I'm sure you all love and enjoy dealing with those, right?
And then instead of focusing on more important matters to deal with on the server, you guys will be stuck dealing with complaints about /dooc chat abuse.
Surely a step in the right direction to make the server a better place. Not.

The only reason MOST people even vote with "Yes" is cause they want /dooc back so they can actually do something while they're in game. And tell you what - it's not Roleplaying.

Hydra

Bronze Member
StickyFingers said:
Bauer said:
It'd be nice if those who vote no actually tell us why.
There will be the same old arguments and smartass remarks whenever something happens IG. Then, you'll have people arguing what's worth a punishment, what is considered "being a dick/asshole" etc. More admin complaints, more player complaints. I'm sure you all love and enjoy dealing with those, right?
And then instead of focusing on more important matters to deal with on the server, you guys will be stuck dealing with complaints about /dooc chat abuse.
Surely a step in the right direction to make the server a better place. Not.

The only reason MOST people even vote with "Yes" is cause they want /dooc back so they can actually do something while they're in game. And tell you what - it's not Roleplaying.

You're saying that Dooc only caused trouble in the passed?
If you've failed to read, I.E. Tiger managed to meet some new friends trough it, it's also a very friendly chat where people can communicate with each other to get more into the community, I'm sure this applies for a nice amount of people.
And I don't agree with you saying it's used because people will have nothing to do and won't RP.

2Fabulous

Retired Admin
Hydra said:
..If you've failed to read, I.E. Tiger managed to meet some new friends trough it, it's also a very friendly chat where people can communicate with each other to get more into the community..

StickyFingers said:
Alright then, let's keep it and have Admins waste their time trying to moderate the chat instead of putting more focus on the server as a whole so the server wouldn't be in the position it is now, just so few guys can make friends.
Also a "very friendly chat"? You obviously haven't been around for long.

Castorr

Donator
i'm 50/50 with it, it was mainly just a couple of UN-NAMED people talking about complete and utter disgusting shit like "cutting each others penis' off" or other shit like that.

yet, it was pretty funny at times.

cradboard

Donator
Ian said:
Fuck heavy roleplay, it's a stupid ideology of where those in power can ban whomever they please under the premises of not living up to a fascist standard of roleplay. The idea of Heavy Roleplay has totally helped RC:RP...

cradboard approves this message and fascism.

dodgey

Retired Admin
originally i advocated for its removal but i miss reactions

Status
Not open for further replies.