• Yes

Votes: 104 88.1%
  • No

Votes: 14 11.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack P.

It should come back. Certain helpers should be entrusted to mute just like /n chat. If no admins are available.

Bauer

Retired Admin
Jeroen said:
Heavy moderation, I don't fully agree.
I do think that there should be SOME moderation (anti-spam, forbid breaking rules) but if people don't like what they chat then they should /togdooc , it is that simple.
I personally love to talk to people via dooc, it is a nice place to hang around if you are the only one online in the faction (especially lately).

The community always felt more like a community when we had /dooc.

As far as I am aware this will indeed be the case.

KevinK said:
Meh, not sure about this; it was removed for a reason, right? But yeah, the new 'system' for it sounds nice.

Dooc got descripted because of people constantly fighting in the chat and breaking rules by Metagaming (just an example) trough it. We wanted to try to run dooc with admistrative commands at first, but it was already removed.

For the fact that people leave the server because of too much change, I think it'd be better if we'd try and get the server's key attributes back to when it was still loved by many people in order to get them back and to satisfy the current players as well.

x00

Retired Admin
There's a huge list of other things that need fixing in the community and bringing back a fucking useless chat is at the top of it? Lol.

Adding this back is just steering the server away from the so called "heavy RP" rules it abides by. I've lost all faith.

TommyB

Owner
x00 said:
There's a huge list of other things that need fixing in the community and bringing back a fucking useless chat is at the top of it? Lol.
DOOC is quite literally a copy and paste of commands from older versions of the script. It's an easy implementation. And please point me towards this huge list, I'd love to see it.

Tom

Donator
x00 said:

Adding this back is just steering the server away from the so called "heavy RP" rules it abides by. I've lost all faith.

Yey, our super savior x00 will be returning to fix every problem there is. 10/10

Nino

Helper
x00 said:

You really think that DOOC is on the top of the list? It's true that this server is currently having big problems but I'm sure that everyone are working on solving them. DOOC is just one small step.

Ian

Diamond Member
Tom said:
x00 said:

Yey, our super savior x00 will be returning to fix every problem there is. 10/10

Fuck heavy roleplay, it's a stupid ideology of where those in power can ban whomever they please under the premises of not living up to a fascist standard of roleplay. The idea of Heavy Roleplay has totally helped RC:RP...

Giga

Donator
DOOC was a 'tunnel' to getting known around the server. There may be a forum, chatbox, and Teamspeak, but DOOC was the only in-game chat that can let you chat (in an OOC manner) with other players. Without DOOC, I would never know the people I know today.

It would be great to have it back.

Sirius

Bronze Member
Bauer said:
It'd be nice if those who vote no actually tell us why.

There's enough mg and ooc fuckery going on TS already. ...My humble opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.