What's new

[IMPORTANT]Stealing other peoples work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick

Retired Admin
Hello ladies and gentlemen.

Today the Red County Roleplay administrative team were put under considerable pressure when we were threatened with legal action with regards to an unofficial gang topic. Although the situation has been defused, it is a serious issue that must be addressed by the community immediately.

We understand that when you are attempting to make a faction it can be hard to come up with your original work and logos. However, in light of what has happened today, the simple retort to such an attitude it thus: Tough.

As such, the RCRP administrative team will be having serious discussions about what we deem to be acceptable in terms of players using material not created by their self. in the meantime, players are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN to use material that is not made by them without WRITTEN PERMISSION from the creator.

This includes:
  • Copyrighted ┬® works
  • TrademarkÔäó works
  • Works which were not intended for your purpose
  • Works which, when used in a certain context, could cause offence or friction within AND OUTWITH the community.

We will keep you updated on the decision that the administrative team comes to. In the meantime, SERIOUS ACTION will be taken against anyone who breaches the above temporary rules.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Zomane

Donator
I lol'd.
Honestly, I think these are the people who say terrorists are children who play counterstrike.
They should learn the difference between a game and in real life.

But meh, I guess RCRP can be in trouble because of some stupid-ass copyright.

ThePasst

Retired Admin
-Sighs, some people don't understand that this is just a game..
But w/e, we should do everything to avoid a lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.